main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST First Official photo with completed effects will be?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by vin, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    No they don't. There's plenty of characters in & outside the film they can sell. Especially if his appearance is a spoiler in & of itself. They can always release an actual EP7 character figure of Luke after the film launches.

2. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It just seems unlikely to me that they wouldn't. Especially given the fact that the film releases exactly one week before Christmas. If it was being released in May, I could see them releasing the figure a few months after. But if they don't release it alongside the film, they're just losing out on potential merchandise sales.

3. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    And they very well might release a EP7 LUKE action figure before its release. But that's not actually Mark Hamill playing Luke. It's an action figure. I would think the smartest thing that JJ can do is save his reveal for the actual film. No early pics of him. No early footage of him.

4. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    It'll be a picture of a cyborg.[face_clown]

TKT likes this.
  5. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    You're fired! Lay your badge & gun on my desk!:p

Rabs likes this.
  6. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    Or Luke's severed hand! Imagine asking for that for Christmas.

7. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I can picture it panning down in space and see John Boyega ship crashing on Tatooine if some of these rumors are to be believed. Of course for all we know It could be Jar Jar's grocery list.

8. ArchStanton1862

ArchStanton1862 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2014
    I think that the only reason for hiding his appearance would be if there was something about it that was somehow a spoiler. Otherwise it's good marketing. Even if we don't see him on screen until near the end of the film we could have a few brief clips of him in captivity/hiding in the trailer without ruining the surprise. I think most people would be disappointed and suspicious if he doesn't appear at all.

9. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    I think most people would get over it by next December.

10. ArchStanton1862

Oct 18, 2014
    That's not the point. Marketing is designed to get people who aren't megafans like us to go see the film. Anyone who's a member of this site is going to see it anyway regardless of how bad its reviews are. And while the name brand of Star Wars is a major selling point not putting the effort into promoting it in the assumption that people will show up anyway is just asking for trouble, and it's not a mistake that a company like Disney is likely to make. It also ignores the marketing angle, and being Christmastime that's an even bigger deal. We're talking Luke cups, toys, posters; his face will be plastered on every promotional item they can find. He's a popular character so this will make them big money in a way that the newbies might not. At least not until the next film. So why on Earth, unless his very appearance is a spoiler of ESB proportions, would they not show him at all? It doesn't make any sense.

PymParticles likes this.
  11. Royale w/ Codeine

May 19, 2014
    So the big deciding factor on whether kids or the general audience goes & sees this movie lives or dies with marketing Luke? Aren't Han, Leia, Chewie, & the droids in this movie as well? Not to mention, a plethora of new characters?

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  12. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    The are plenty of things that shout STAR WARS to general audiences. X-wings, TIE fighters, lightsabers, and stormtroopers are all immediately recognizable to just about everybody.

Though I do expect lots and lots of Harrison Ford.

13. ArchStanton1862

Oct 18, 2014
    They will be marketing the big three characters more than anyone else. They're a known quantity and fans have been waiting years for this. And of the three Luke is perhaps second most beloved after Han. But seriously, what possible reason would they have for avoiding showing him? I can't think of a single good reason except for the aforementioned cyborg angle.

14. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    A tauntaun freezing before it reaches the first marker.

Lord D'arg and Krueger like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.