main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST First Order - The Human Menace?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by propeller, Aug 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knightstalker137

Knightstalker137 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 17, 2003
    Yeah I'd love to see some alien imperials. The old xenophobic Empire of the past canon is out the window, so let's do something new. Doesn't make sense to me that the Empire, or the First Order would be like this. I mean Palpatines right hand man Mas Ameda was an alien.

2. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001

If only Grand Admiral Thrawn was canon...

NostalgiaFan likes this.
  3. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    What are you basing this on... Do you think that is their whole army on that one parade ground?? Not saying you are wrong - but that wouldn't be wise!

4. CoruscantDweller

CoruscantDweller Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 28, 2015

Well one of X-wing pilots has been confirmed as an alien and Lupita Nyong'o is playing another alien character too so I wouldn't count on there being a lack of them.

5. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Rebels and other newcanon media seem to be re-invoking some of the old xenophobia, with the treatment of Wookiees (shipped as slaves to Kessel - even as youngsters) and Twi'leks (kept as slaves by the governor of Ryloth, in Lords of the Sith).

6. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    I don't remember any other species representing the Empire in the OT - who do you mean?

Iron_lord and thejeditraitor like this.
  7. NostalgiaFan

NostalgiaFan Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2015
    Agreed 100%. Honest to god if I see another shoved in "Space racism is bad" message in this I am going to puke.

The old Eu was full of this when it came to the Empire which made sense but they overdid it when it came to eras like KOTOR with the Sith being xenophobic just to make it more obvious that they were a prelude to the Empire (something I hope they change when they start going back to these eras again).

I would much rather have the First Order begrudgingly have to accept different species into their ranks to help fill up their armies. Basically make them more into space late war Confederates then space Third Reich, because the latter has been done to DEATH in fiction.

If only.... [​IMG]

Knightstalker137 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.