main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Person Lightsaber Duel

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by burkevader, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burkevader

burkevader Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2008
    Hey there friends...just finished this 2 min episode and turned out pretty spiffy...I believe it is unique in the I have yet to see a duel in First Person filmed.

Appreciate you check it out and comments always welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYs_Fa1qfk4

[image=http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294204_2373303618415_1425295136_32832192_749714_n.jpg]

2. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Heh-heh, that's kinda cool! Reminds me of a first-person video game.

3. VaporTrail

VaporTrail Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    That's kinda cute. Was your first person character holding the camera and the saber at the same time? Seems like there should be a way to do it so there's less shake involved.

4. burkevader

Jun 12, 2008
    Hey thanks to both of you for checkin it out...and yes I am the Vader and for the fight held the camera in one hand and the saber in the other...we choreographed it and must have shot it 10 times until it looked decent. Trust me it WASN'T EASY. But we were happy it came out as visually well as it did....not perfect......but well enough.....kinda an experiment...

and yes....we were going for a live-action Video Game.

thanks again friends

5. Ricky_Calrissian

Ricky_Calrissian Jedi Master star 3

Nov 17, 2008
    Interesting concept. Nearby was spelled oddly :p

6. burkevader

Jun 12, 2008
    That's the way R2 spells it :)

thanks for checkin it out

7. ResisterOfEvil

ResisterOfEvil Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 29, 2007
    Great vid, wish there were more vids as original as this one out there!

8. burkevader

Jun 12, 2008
    Thanks again Resister...too kind

9. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    I've been around this community a long time, it's all too rare I see something new.

I dig it! You could almost explore this further?rapid cuts between Vader's side and the other guy's side, eschewing the traditional continuity entirely in favor of just the two shifting cameras. It could be neat.

Rick McCallum loves you!

10. burkevader

Jun 12, 2008
    Hey thanks Adam for the comments and those are actually great suggestions if we ever tackle a sequel.....I actually plan on doing one with Boba Fett first person...so those switch back ideas could be easily incorporated there too.

Its hard to get motivated for a sequel though with only 250 views so far.....the feedback is really positive from people but it just seems IMPOSSBILE to get it "OUT THERE" on youtube nowadays.

Do you know if theforce.net still does "featuring" or anything like that? Or maybe clue me in how other get there videos displayed.

thanks

11. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    I liked how you came "out" of the Jedi cam and into the Sith cam, very clever.

I also appreciated the continuity of having Vader sabre fight with one hand in his POV ('cause you were holding the camera with the other) then still keeping the one hand style when in 3rd person.

Well done.

12. burkevader

Jun 12, 2008
    Hey thanks a lot dude....yeah...I managed at least to get that right with Vader holding the saber in left hand for both perspectives......however.....it was sooo hot that day and we were a little rushed we accidentally switched the hilts for the Vader perspective.....only keen Star Wars fan would notice....but the hilts are reversed. Good times :)

thanks for checkin it out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.