main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi First Post in 8 Years!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by falkcj, Oct 11, 2013.

1. falkcj

falkcj Jedi Master star 4

Aug 24, 2000
    Quick question for the mods...Is it possible to change your username? I looked around my account settings and couldn't find anything. I would like to go with something more interesting.

I used to be quite active on this site. Its not that I stopped being a Star Wars fan but after Ep 3 came out there were no new movies to look forward to so I eventually stopped visiting. The day they announced they were making Ep 7 I started lurking again.

Lots has changed since 2005. The biggest change is that I am now a parent. I am happy to say that my 4 year old boy is following in his father's footsteps and is a huge Star Wars fan!

I remember over a year ago reading an article were George Lucas said that he would never make another Star Wars movie. At the same time my son was just starting to get into Star Wars. The article made me feel sad because I thought I would never be able to take my son to a new Star Wars movie in the theater.

The day they announced that Disney bought Lucasfilm my first thought was actually "Why would they do that? Lucas said there are no more Star Wars movies." Then I read the next paragraph and my jaw dropped. The next thought in my head was "I get to take my son to a new Star Wars movie in the theater!!!!"

Sorry for the long post. Have a great weekend and a happy thanksgiving to all the Canadian users out there.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hiya, falkcj
    I recently returned after more than ten years away. You'll get back in the swing of things soon.

There's a thread in the Communications forum for changing your username.

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome back, falkcj! :)

It's cool, when old faces come back and it's clear that without new SW movies the forum gets slower, RL becomes more important again. Especially, if you got a baby in the meantime (if I got you right). So (very belated) congrats and teach him well the ways of the jedi (I hope that he'll be a jedi in his heart). ;) :)

You saw that a lot of things have changed and with the new board software, it's also possible to change names. So, yes. You should be sure on the new name, since we don't change names every other day. But I don't think that's a problem, right?

Here's the change name thread that Sarge is speaking about above.

I hope this helps. If you need further help with the name change or with whatever, just let us know, ok? :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

4. Donaldson

Donaldson Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2000
    Welcome back. Just returned after an extended absence myself. Glad to know others are being lured back!

5. Randwulf Crescentmoon

Randwulf Crescentmoon Jedi Master star 4

May 25, 2013
    Welcome back to the site. I took a brief two month reprieve from the boards as well--

--that is until I began to experience withdrawal.

I can only hope that as a dad you have taken the time to say "I am your father..." to your son at least once.

In any case, it is great to see that the franchise remains timeless through the generations.

6. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    falkcj: Welcome back and congrats on the child. Change your name and then get involved & stick around a bit.

7. Chowder

Chowder Jedi Master

Jun 14, 2003
    Hi falkcj, I also just returned after maybe 10 years. Welcome back and congrats on passing on the SW torch to your son!