main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Post Sampler Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by sabrelight, Sep 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrelight

sabrelight Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2000
    There are a lot of fics out there, finding your favorite fic is difficult as its impossible to read all the stories.

Post your opening fic here, (or any other choice post-as sometimes the story picks up much later)so that readers will get an idea of the kind of fic your writing.

This thread will make it easy for readers also to find their stories, by just reading the sample post.

EDIT: You may post a postie for us to preview from any of your upcoming fics not yet ready for full posting. Plot bunnies posties are also welcome.

2. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    This is my first post from my first fic-so expect it to be iffy. But the writing sort of get better as we go along.
    *********************************************Anakin raced madly through the catacomb of corridors within Theed palace, adroitly guiding the speeder bike through the crisscross of droid fire, which seemed to be coming from every corner of the palace.

Moving at an incredible speed through the narrow corridors, he needed every ounce of his Jedi instincts and reflexes to avoid crashing to the walls.
    Even then, they would have been sitting ducks, if the Queen, seated behind him was not as skillfully picking up targets with her blaster, making the enemy take cover-and giving them enough room to maneuver. The years of training on the firing range had made her a deadly shot.

Nearly ten years after that fateful invasion by the trade federation, in which hundreds of peaceful Naboo had lost their lives, the planet, enjoyed relative peace and stability. Their Sovereign Queen Amidala had ruled with wisdom, the war and its destructive reminders were gone. Naboo had prospered much and the queen was very popular with her people-except a handful of bureaucrats, who had once enjoyed unbridled power but their authority had been curbed much in Amidala's reign.

They were growing impatient; it seemed there was no way to remove her the democratic way. Repeatedly she had been re-elected to lead the people, frustrating her political rivals, who came out with new election strategies each election year, only to be completely routed by her again and again.

This very popularity was now threatening her life. Just days before the queen had been attacked, by a palace servant with chi dagger; a small weapon that has a poisoned blade. Had Anakin not been around to cut him down with his lightsaber, she would not have survived, for, even a small scratch from a chi could be fatal. It seemed her enemies were getting desperate; they were now ready to try any thing to be in power.

Agent Burk, a trusted servant of the queen arrived one day, asking to see the Queen immediately, saying that he had very important news for the Queen and that he had to meet the queen personally. The queen met him in her private office, in the administrative block of the palace. She was very alarmed by the news he had to give. The queen called an emergency meeting of her council to discuss this new development.

Burk gave details of a rebel army that had been training for sometime now in the Western Mountains. He said that he had come across details of an attack on the queen. According to the plan group of rebels would attack the palace, after assassinating the queen and securing the palace, the very people who were behind the plot would come forward and squash the rebellion. Exemplary punishment would be met out to the leaders of the rebellion (at least overtly) thus avenging the queen and saving the planet from chaos and anarchy. By avenging the queen they would earn the approval of the populace and their votes too.

The queen suspected palace insiders to be involved in this plot. She could name a few who would love to be in her place, but there was no solid evidence to incriminate any one.
    They were very clever hiding behind their pawns and manipulating them from afar making sure their dirty fingers didn't leave any imprints anywhere.

Burk reported that a man called Captain Halle was leading the rebellion. Not much was known about him, except that he was an ex-mercenary. The report said that the size of this army was quite large. This surprised her because Naboo people including the gungans and swamp tribes were not good candidates as rebel recruits. Either this was a misinformation, which she doubted because the agent was a reliable one, or the rebel army was comprised of off-world mercenaries, which to her seemed more likely.

3. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Here' an opening post from my other second fic-which I started within days of the first one-it was easy at first nursing two stories but now its becoming just too much for me.
    WHAT IF ANAKIN MET NATALIE PORTMAN

CHAPTER ONE

It all started when Queen Amidala disappeared without a trace. The Jedi were sent to all corners of the galaxy in search of her. But After months of searching, no trace was found-not even a dead body. One by one all the Jedi gave her up for dead-except one determined Padawan and avid admirer of the lost queen.

The Sith Infiltrator dropped out of hyperspace into yet another little explored sector of the galaxy. Anakin would scan the area with the force for any traces of Amidala. Though he scanned the area for several hours'-no luck. He looked at his charts and wonders where in this endless universe could she be.

Thinking hard he decided to go on his intuition. Picking a remote spot on the chart, he programmed the co-ordinates into his computer. Soon he was in hyperspace again, praying hard that he was lucky this time. He was sure she was alive-even though he didn't feel her life force anywhere.

Anakin dropped out of hyperspace next to a giant gas planet somewhere in the solar system. Once again he sat down in the middle of his ship- as he had done so for the last 7 weeks- and began to meditate. Blocking out every thing from his mind he focussed with the force- reaching out his mind to every corner of the solar and other near by systems.

First he scanned the area for any inhabited planets, which were not too many this far out, and then he would scan those planets more thoroughly for his target. He found only one planet meeting that criteria though there should have been four or five. Probably Mars he guessed. He knew it as a site of an ancient civilization. The people of Mars had been the pioneers of space colonization.

Anakin approached Mars only to be confronted with deathly silence. Anakin orbited the planet, but found no sign of life anywhere. He tried communications channel, sure enough he was getting some thing but it was not from mars, there was absolutely nothing down there. With a shock he realized, that the chatter of sounds was coming from earth! He checked his computer; which had the whole sector mapped out for him in real time using the ships radar and scanner systems.

According to the map he should have an asteroid field before him. But that was not what he saw on the screen. There was Earth, dead ahead. "It can't be", he gasped. Earth had been destroyed in nuclear war millennia before, and yet here it was before his eyes. Already the blue green planet was fast filling up his screen as he rushed headlong towards it. "I must have crossed some time barrier," he thought.

Nevertheless he decided to check out the planet with the force before he turned round and continued his search elsewhere. It only took him five minutes to open his eyes and smile with satisfaction. "She is here" he announced. "No wonder we couldn't find her, the time barrier was blocking the reach of the force"

As a precaution he approached the planet from darkside, activating the cloaking device on the ship, to attract as little attention as possible. As he entered the atmosphere Anakin noticed that most of the planet was mostly covered in darkness except for the one area near the top of the planet-for which he was headed-that area seemed pretty lighted, "the industry of the planet must be concentrated here he thought"

Anakin followed the beckoning of the force as it led him over mountains, lakes, and around cities. He wasn't surprised that the natives hadn't detected his presence yet. The Sith technology was advanced even in his times, it would be impossible to detect it with ancient technology that probably existed here. Amidala's force signature was becoming stronger and stronger.

The Sith came down with a silent whoosh on a patch of grass. Anakin checked the vicinity for life forms and found non-at least not near enough for him

4. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Hey is asking too much to post just one postie from any ongoing or finished fic here.
    come on guys post something, I bet there's a lot of good fics out there I don't know about because I can't check each and every fic.

5. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    Hard to ignore this sort of an opportunity... :)

My first post in a Star Wars post TPM / Arthurian mythos story, hope you like it! :)

*Derisa*

?Avalon?? Obi Wan looked the question at Master Yoda. The diminutive green Jedi Master had his head cocked as he answered the quizzical regard with a steady look of his own protruding blue orbs. ?Why does that name sound so familiar, Master Yoda??

?All things tied together are, Obi-Wan. Causal is the universe, and this you must learn, soon.? came the croaking and cryptic reply. ?The importance of this world sensed has been, and their need for a champion. Go you must.?

?Yes, Master,? the handsome young Knight responded. ?And Anakin? He seems a bit young for this mission, Master...?

?Yes... a concern your Padawan is.? The aged Master considered briefly, closing his eyes to better listen to the Force?s guidance. ?Take him with, you must. This I feel.?

Obi-Wan nodded, taking up the datachip with the mission?s details on it, and he bowed deeply to the wise old Master before departing the meeting room. Yoda sighed, and stumped to the door himself, his gimmer stick tapping the floor in the familiar halting rhythm.

//A deeper journey, this mission is,// came Yoda's quiet thoughts. //Ties to the metaverse there are here. Tread with caution he must.// But he could think of no better Jedi to send on this most vital mission, than Obi-Wan Kenobi, the epitome of the Jedi.

- - -

Merlin rolled over and sighed. He didn't know if his prayer to the gods had been heard, but he could only hope. //Arthur, my boy, you'll have to stem the tide of darkness just that little bit longer: I have called for the Champion to make himself known, now all we can do is wait, and wait for the gods to reveal him.//

The stone under the old man was chilly, and he rucked up the fur-lined cloak's hood to better pillow his silvery head. The stars blinked coldly over head, impossibly near and yet always just out of reach of his grasp.

//Who knows what secrets you hold, you stars? I have watched you all my life knowing there were stories I would never know, being played out between your light and the infinite blackness between. It is the saddest thing to me that I will die never knowing those stories.//

His eyes slid shut, and missed the star alighting to earth so close to his hidden place in the hills, bearing within its carefully crafted steel frame the Champion he had called for, and a boy as yet untried to play the role of faithful Squire.

But some part of him knew, and he dreamed that night, a true dream of a green-eyed man with unruly reddish hair, with such intensity in his gaze and such grace and inner stillness, that Merlin knew: this was the greatest Knight ever to set foot on Avalon?s sacred soil.

6. starwarsfan1000

starwarsfan1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Okay, here's the first post of my Ami in cabon freeze story, direct from the story boards. (As of today, there are five posts.)

What if sometime after Episode 3 Amidala was put into carbon freeze.

Spoilers: TPM, everything else is just made up.

Here's part 1. Enjoy.

Prologue

Planet: Dantooine

Amidala stood in the chamber with her hands bound behind her back. The green glow
    gave an sinister feel to the room. A room she knew her run from the Empire would end.

She knew what this room was for. It was a carbon freezing chamber. She remembered
    from when Ani had told her about his time helping a team work out ways to freeze food
    for the front line troops fighting the wars.

She shook her head, not wanting to dwell on the man who brought her so much heart
    ache, instead she wanted the possible last moments of her life to dwell on her children. Of course they were scattered about.

Suddenly a figure entered the room and walked over to her, ?You have proven a very
    difficult fish to catch,? the mask said.

?That?s the idea,? Amidala replied sarcastically.

?Any last words,? the voice intoned.

?Not for you,? Amidala said, closing her eyes, trying to muster the courage to face what was coming.

?Very well.? the voice said. Then motioning to the two chamber workers, ?Put her on the platform.?

The two frightened men hurriedly grabbed Amidala?s arms and pulled her to the platform
    that would lower her to her destiny.

Please, let my babies grew up safe and strong, Amidala thought as she was positioned
    on the platform.

As the platform began to lower, Amidala was sadden that the last face she would look
    upon was not on of her children, but of Boba Fett, who?s mask so reminded her of what
    Ani had become.

7. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Here's the first post from my current story, Unrequited.

(Link now provided.)

The story is at intermission and this would be a good time to catch up. :)

Anyone who might have been watching would have noticed nothing unusual. It was quite typical for the Millennium Falcon to weave a seemingly suicidal path through the capital ships of the Republic Fleet. The freighter, and more importantly her captain, had a reputation for breaking the rules and coming out alive. Indeed, it would have taken an astute eye to see that there was nothing at all usual about this situation.

For one thing, the Falcon had already bypassed the command ship that was its usual destination. As the small freighter wove its way through the fleet, it buzzed the shields of one Mon Cal Cruiser and set off the collision alarm on a Corellian Corvette. But all of this was nothing compared to that famous ship?s seemingly clear intention to ram one of the frigates that hung at the back of the fleet formation.

The medical frigate.

The docking officer of that frigate sent word out to the Falcon to power down her engines and prepare to be tractored in. Han Solo, however, had no intention of obeying that suggestion. The Millennium Falcon broke the magnetic field of the hangar bay with her braking thrusters firing at maximum, sending the assorted crews scrambling in panic when they realized what was going on. Once within the cavernous hangar, the Falcon changed direction to avoid the rescue shuttles and the few defense fighters that were stacked in neat, orderly lines. Had anyone in the hangar been actually watching rather than fleeing in terror from the pilot with an obvious death wish, they might have noticed the even more suicidal person who stood at the bottom of the already lowering ramp.

The Falcon had not yet come to a stop and was still several meters off the deck when Leia jumped clear of her husband?s ship and hit the deck running. Ignoring the confused looks and even more confused salutes of the maintenance techs who came bursting through the door to see what all the excitement was about, Leia tore down the ship?s corridors on the verge of breaking into a panic. It was at that moment that she saw the comforting smile of a familiar face.

?How is she?? Leia demanded frantically. ?Is she??

?Jaina?s going to be fine Leia,? Mara Jade Skywalker soothed her sister-in-law. ?Her condition has stabilized and she regained consciousness a short time ago.?

?I need to see her,? Leia said, though in a much calmer and more relieved voice this time.

?I don?t think you should do that just yet,? Mara cautioned.

?Why not? I want to see my daughter.?

?I don?t think Jaina?s ready for that,? Mara explained. ?The first thing she did after she woke up was to order us all out of the room. When I tried to calm her she used the Force to knock me out into this hallway and then locked the door. I think we?re going to have to wait until she decides to let us in.?

?That doesn?t make any sense,? Leia said. ?Why would she do something like that??

?I don?t know. After she tossed me out she caught me trying to read her emotions and erected all sorts of mental barriers against me. When Luke arrived he suggested that we wait for you.?

?Luke?s here?? Leia exclaimed, the relief evident in her voice. ?Where is he??

?He went to the hangar to meet you and Han. You must have missed him,? Mara smiled. Her eyes closed for a second while she contacted her husband before Mara once again returned her full attention to the distraught mother before her.

?Luke?s with Han right now. He?s got him calmed down and the two of them are apologizing to Captain Xanther for your unconventional arrival. That ought to keep them busy for a while.?

?Do you know what happened to Jaina?? Leia asked.

?She was unconscious when we found the escape pod. We got to her about twenty minutes after the emergency beacon was activated. Security teams are still trying to put

8. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Okay, here's the first post of my latest fic, Clouded Memories.

-------

Anakin was happy to be out of the Deep Core. As much as he liked being secluded with the Jedi, he was getting bored. Even the attraction of Tahiri hadn't been enough to keep him from sheer boredom.

It had been nearly two months since he and Tahiri had been locked in the airless space station together. Anakin didn't regret kissing her, but they'd hardly been apart since. Anakin needed time away from her to think about things.

She was likely to kill him when he got back, though. He'd taken off without saying goodbye in person.

He had an excuse, and he had left a message. His uncle had sent him off in a hurry to do a little discreet reconnaissance into Vong territory. No, Yuuzhan Vong. Anakin's experiences with the alien race had taught him some respect for them, and as such he tried to think of them with the name they preferred. Tahiri's constant reminders of that helped tremendously.

Anakin prepared to slip into a hibernation trance for the journey to the coordinates his uncle had provided. Just before drifting into unconsciousness, he noticed that a warning light had come up. It's just communications. Nothing serious.

The twittering of his droid was what woke him up. As soon as he returned to consciousness, he realized that something was terribly wrong.

When did I drop out of hyperspace?

He glanced at his coordinates. He was nowhere near his destination yet. He knew exactly where he was, but that wasn't exactly a source of comfort.

He was in the area of Naboo, a planet whose virtual destruction had been ordered by Vader himself during the Emperor's reign.

Unfortunately, that was the only planet nearby. His hyperdrive was gone. Naboo, a dead planet, was the only planet he could get to.

He began to guide his fighter closer to the lone planet in the system. As he did, he realized that if he didn't have the tools and parts necessary to fix the ship, he was going to be in deep trouble. The communications system was out too.

As he approached Naboo's atmosphere, Anakin realized that the planet didn't look like it had been destroyed. He saw lush green hills, fields that looked like they'd been cultivated recently, and occasional buildings. He decided to land in the dark side, just in case there were still people here who might be hostile to intruders.

Upon entry, more warning lights went on in the X-wing. I really should have taken Uncle Luke up on that offer to use his fighter, Anakin thought. So much for that. This is going to be one rough landing.

Almost on cue with his thoughts, the crippled fighter suddenly sank, lifting Anakin out of his seat for a moment. He regained some control of the X-wing, but not nearly as much as he would have liked. As the ship came down, it burned a swath across the forest before skidding to a halt in a clearing.

Considerably shaken up, Anakin climbed out of the X-wing to survey the damage. As soon as he looked at it, he wished he hadn't. There was no way he was going to get it off the ground again.

"Hey! You there! What's going on?"

Anakin froze. He'd definitely heard a voice, a man's voice. How is there anyone here? Slowly he turned around, his hand on the hilt of his lightsaber. "I had mechanical difficulties."

"I can see that," the man answered sharply. "What were you doing in this system anyway?"

"Like I said, I had problems. My hyperdrive failed, and then everything else collapsed."

The man held his glowrod, which looked utterly unfamiliar to him, and began to walk around the ship. "Looks like you're going to need some help along a place to stay for a while. I'm Hayllar Daris, by the way," the man added, extending his free hand.

Anakin hesitated for a moment, not knowing if he should divulge his real name. Before his reluctance became too noticable, he shook Hayllar's hand. "Anakin Solo."

Daris didn't react at all. "Glad to me

9. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    First and foremost GREAT idea! :D

OK this is the opening part to my current WIP (nearly finished! :D ) Silent Nights

Summary: Obi-Wan's dreams are getting darker and a terrifying reality lies within...

Silent Nights: Prologue

It was late and most of the residents in the Jedi Temple were asleep. Only those who had important missions to prepare for and those on duty at the infirmary were awake. The night was calm and peaceful. Initiates smiled contentedly in their sleep, Padawan?s rested after long days of training and Masters dreamt of the pride they held in their apprentices. Tranquil silence reigned and no one was troubled.

But all that was about to change.

It started as a small mild prickling at the back of everyone?s mind. Sleeping Jedi?s faces twitched in response to the feeling. Then the feeling crashed over the senses of each and every person in the Temple, from the youngest initiate to the oldest Master. Sleep was gone and the peaceful silence was filled with tenseness.

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat upright in bed, his heart pounding. Something was wrong. Such a dark surge in the Force could not bring any good news.

Knowing there was nothing he could do, Qui-Gon slipped into an uneasy meditation in search of an answer, knowing sleep would be impossible.

Ten-year-old Obi-Wan Kenobi was surrounded by Darkness. There was nothing but the Darkness that was devouring everything around it. The usually white walls of the Jedi Temple decayed in front of his eyes and became a rusted brown colour with blood splattered over them in random places. All around him he could hear the screams of terror of the other Jedi and the evil laugh of something far more deadly than even the brightest imagination could conjure up. His footsteps clanged beneath him and his breath came in terrified gasps.

?Help,? Obi-Wan whispered, fear constricting his throat. ?Somebody help me please!?

He gingerly crept up the corridor. Obi-Wan noticed bundles of cloth suspended from the walls. Curiosity made him reach out and touch it. Whatever was underneath the cloth was warm. Obi-Wan pressed his hand against the cloth a little harder. Something began to ooze out from underneath the cloths. It trickled over Obi-Wan?s hand. In the very dim lighting, Obi-Wan realised that it was very thick blood.

Crying out, Obi-Wan pulled his hand away and stumbled backwards, only to collide with another body. Screaming in shock and fright, Obi-Wan stumbled to his feet and began to run down the corridor as fast as he could. He heard footsteps behind him. Someone, or something, was trying to capture him. Obi-Wan?s heart pounded in terror and his chest tightened. He squeezed his eyes shut, not wanting to see who was behind him and what was around him.

The footsteps were closing in now. They were so close Obi-Wan could feel the thing behind him as it reached out to grab him. In one last desperate attempt to find help, Obi-Wan opened his mouth.

?SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!? he cried out as loudly as he could, his voice trembling with sheer terror. ?HELP ME!?

And then the thing from behind pounced and landed upon the young boy?s back.

?SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!!!?

Qui-Gon?s eyes snapped open as he heard the scream from the corridor just outside. Instinctively grabbing his lightsaber, Qui-Gon pulled a robe on and left his quarters.

Outside Qui-Gon looked around the hallway. There were a few other Jedi out in the hallway because the screaming had disrupted them as well. The lights were dim but it was still quite easy to see. Listening carefully, he could hear someone sobbing quietly. Carefully, Qui-Gon walked to where the crying was coming from.

A little way up the corridor, a small male child was curled up against the wall, crying. Qui-Gon carefully approached the child and knelt down in front of the boy. Qui-Gon didn?t reach out and touch the boy?s shoulder in fear of terrifyi

10. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Here's the first post from my on-going fic. The thread has gotten kinda big, so if any body is interested but doesn't want to dig through those posts, just PM me & I'll e-mail you the Word files.

The Promised Future

Prelude: A Child Lost

Obi-Wan raced ahead with all his Force abilities focused on increasing his speed and finding the quickest path through the dark forest that lay before him. Trees and foliage went past in an indistinguishable blur as he darted around the immovable obstacles. The smaller bushes and various animals he gracefully hurdled without even the slightest break in his stride as he barreled recklessly onward. He was moving much faster than any normal man could ever hope to achieve on foot, but still Obi-Wan knew it would not be enough. The faint traces of acrid smoke seeping into the morning air warned that the attack had already begun.

Unable to spare the energy to contemplate failure, he redoubled his efforts and was rewarded with a slight increase in his already astonishing speed and agility. Expending this much Force energy in his race against time meant he may well be worthless when he got there, but if he was too late, being able to fight would hardly matter. Nothing would matter.

As he approached the small clearing that served as a modest home and secluded safe haven for his young charge, he began to sense the presence of a half dozen soldiers occupying the property. He adjusted his focus and summoned his remaining strength to prepare for the impending confrontation. Finally reaching the edge of the forest, he burst into the clearing only to realize that the fight here, such as it had been, was over.

Off to the left the main house was engulfed in intense flames, the work of two soldiers whose current efforts sought to turn the larger work shed into a similar conflagration. The four remaining soldiers were lugging the bodies of two of their fallen comrades toward a pair of speeder bikes and a small troop transport parked on the opposite side of the clearing. The trampled forest over there indicated that a larger force had invaded here and withdrawn in the same direction. These few had apparently been left behind to clean up. The white armor they wore and the efficiency with which they went about their task clearly marked them as Imperial stormtroopers.

Obi-Wan had time to process little else before the two troopers on his left opened fire. Without thinking, he ignited his lightsaber and deflected the laser blasts back into his assailants with deadly precision. The other four had immediately dropped their burdens upon his arrival and were now bringing their blasters to bear as well. Wielding his lightsaber in defense from their laser blasts, Obi-Wan pushed forward into the barrage, intent on reaching the foremost speeder bike beyond them.

?They can?t be that far ahead. There is still a chance I can save the boy,? he thought with renewed resolve.

Driven now, he sliced efficiently through the remaining stormtroopers as they came into direct range of his lightsaber. But as the last one fell to his blade, Obi-Wan could hear the whine of repulsorlifts firing somewhere up ahead. He lifted his eyes toward the noise and watched in horror as an Imperial shuttle cleared the tree tops and turned gracefully toward space, its ion engines roaring to life.

?Noooooooo!!!?, he screamed after it in mortification, as if somehow the word could reach out and halt the shuttle?s progress. Utterly refusing to accept this outcome, he raised his lightsaber and released another scream of defiance to the reality of what he was seeing.

But the image of the shuttle quickly dwindled into a bright dot shooting across the sky, unmindful of the devastated Jedi left in its wake. And his scream faded unanswered into the morning mist, leaving Obi-Wan alone in the now littered clearing. With nothing left to confront, his physical efforts to prevent this tragedy quickly began taking their toll even as the failure of those efforts impacted him emotionally.

?How, how could this be?! H

11. Ty-gon Jinn

Ty-gon Jinn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    This is from my "The Shadows of Conflict- Part One: The Advent of War." The link is in my sig.

?The news today is that the bloody civil war on Haspri is over,? came the sweet voice of Dezzia Kerr. ?The newly united Hasprians are now standing firm on their defensive front, protecting the planet from outside attack now that internal conflict seems nonexistent.?

A click, and the holoprojector turned off. ?Well, there?s some good news,? Mon Mothma said, lowering the remote back to the desk behind which she sat. ?Did you hear that the Empire is appointing their new commander-in-chief today??

?No, I hadn?t,? replied her companion. Mothma slid a piece of paper across the desk, and the waiting hand of Leia Organa Solo picked it up. ?Kouza D?wylfe. I?m not familiar with him.?

The sun lit Mothma?s office in the New Republic capitol building on Coruscant. She sat behind her desk, and Leia sat directly across from her on the couch, from which she set the file back on the desk.

?It seems no one in Intelligence is familiar with him, either.?

?Thrawn?s downfall was the end of many Imperial officers. We shouldn?t be surprised that new officers are being appointed from obscurity.?

A knock on the door interrupted their conversation. ?What is it?? Mothma called.

The door slid open a bit, and an aide appeared from the hallway. ?The announcement of the new Imperial chief-of-state is coming on.?

?Thank you, Jesyca,? she said, as the aide stepped out. ?Do you mind?? she asked, picking up the remote control.

Leia waved her hand approvingly as she sipped her coffee. Mothma clicked on the holoprojector.

A council of Imperial commanders was lined up before the camera on Niruaun, on the Hand of Thrawn. One of them stepped forward to a podium, and spoke.

From his vantage point on stage, D?wylfe could see over the crowd of Imperials that had gathered for his appointment speech.

?After much deliberation,? the man at the podium, Gordian Kelsik, announced in a syrupy for-the-camera voice, ?we have finally found an officer worthy of this promotion to head of our ranks. This man is truly the embodiment of the ideal of the Empire. Presenting our new Grand Moff, Kouza D?wylfe.? He clapped gingerly, and the crowd followed him with applause. D?wylfe took the podium.

?Thank you, thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, it is a great honor to be selected as your newest leader. I hope to be able to serve you as well as Grand Admiral Thrawn did, and that I?m able to further the ideal of the Empire. Now that peace talks with the New Republic have fallen through, we must proceed to defend our borders??

Hasprian Admiral Rikarde Dion watched as Grand Moff D?wylfe presented his speech. He stared intently at the holoprojector.

?Admiral Dion?? Vice Admiral Gavik Opiut stood next to his Admiral?s chair on the bridge of the Hasprian command ship.

?Yes, Vice-Admiral?? Dion replied, not looking at his underling.

?Sir, all the ships are in position.?

Finally, the holoprojector snapped off and Admiral Dion swiveled his chair around. ?So all is set for our takeover??

?Yes, Admiral. It is ready to begin.?

?Thank you, Vice-Admiral.? The holoprojector snapped back on.

Gavik saluted, but Dion wasn?t looking.

12. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Here's the first post from my Episode II fic, Episode II: The Facade of Amidala. It doesn't have any Episode II spoilers.

The Nubian moon set beneath the mist, and Darth Vader smiled. The roaring waterfalls of Theed rumbled in low tones, and great ripples expanded from the epicenter of the falls down below. The moon cast an eerie light through the mist, and it projected across the chasm that separated him from the Theed Palace. The lights of the Palace were all off, except one in the upper section.

There; there was his prey.

The light went out, and came on again. Vader waited without much patience, but paid much attention to the balconies. Sidious had told him to watch the balconies. He looked below again, and watched the mist rise off the pool, taking a pair of electrobinoculars off his utility belt. The stars twinkled above like jewels, and two women came out on the balcony across from him. He moved back, hid himself even more in shrubbery. He could see them clear as spring water, even from this distance and without the 'binocs.

One was dressed in an elaborate purple gown, with a large headpiece. Beside her was a shorter woman, in a simple set of orange robes. And he wondered: Is she the one? They were conversing; Vader did not know what about. But it did not matter. They both would be dead in minutes, in any way.

Vader positioned himself. He searched for the first security cam with his electrobinoculars, and found it in moments. He had to move fast. They would be leaving soon, he knew. But Vader had to dispose of all witnesses. That was why he had to kill the woman in orange ? no witnesses. No witnesses; clean killing; clean getaway. He had had these ideals driven into him day and night for the past nine and a half years, and now they would be put into practice for the first time.

Vader adjusted the laser, and focused it on the cam. With the electrobinoculars, he could target the wires directly without damaging the cam. In moments, it would not be recording any more. One cam, and then another. And another. And another. In a matter of minutes, they were all disconnected.

Or were they?

Vader wasn't sure. He thought that there were twenty, but there might be more. He scanned the side of the palace again, and could not find any. He proceeded with his plan, and felt the mist of the waterfalls drift over his cloaked face, stick to his black cloak. The breeze was picking up. Off to his left, the city of Theed lay ominous and asleep. He adjusted his position, and looked back at the balcony.

They were gone.

Or at least, the one in orange. The one in the gigantic headpiece was still there, watching the waterfalls. Vader clenched his fist, and closed his eyes. His index finger and thumb drew closer and closer together, and the woman across the chasm that was the waterfalls of Theed put her hand over her mouth, touching her lips. And she looked across the waterfalls, and a saw him. Vader smiled back, and her eyes grew wide.

Vader tightened his grip, and she clutched her throat. She tried loosening her collar, but it didn?t work. It wouldn't have, even if Vader hadn't been choking her, with all that clothing. Doubling over, she hid her façade from him, and he clenched his fist harder. He could feel his nails cutting into his glove, but knew that the force with which he was applying was double to the woman on the balcony.

He could feel her gasp for breath through the Force, and she fell over the railing like it wasn't there. She fell and fell, arms flailing about as she tried to regain her balance, composition and steady herself. But she was in freefall, and there was nothing she could do.

There was nothing anyone could do. That was the genius of Vader's plan - and there would be no evidence.

Queen Amidala's body slit through the foamed surface of the water like a knife, and passed through to the deeps of the gulf that formed the base of the waterfalls of the capital city of Theed, and the rumbling of the falls created rippling waves. She would

13. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Coming Octobre 29th

I, Sith.
    By Daishar Palpatine, as recorded by Gandolf the Grey.

The origins of the galaxies most greatest leader, as told in his own words. His true story is finally revealed, unblemished by the lies of the evil Jedi.

I stand in the pod, waiting for my moment. I am in the galactic senate, in the seat for the Naboo sector, waiting to be sworn in. The honorable representative from Alderaan is sworn in as I watch, cheers rising up around me. I am silent, clapping for him but not really caring. I have worked all my life to reach this point, to be a Senator. From here, the seat of the Supreme Chancellor is within sight, almost close enough for me to reach out and touch it. From here, my path to rule the Republic is clear.

Though it is not without pitfalls.

Almost unwillingly, my eyes are drawn away from the Alderaan pod as it retreats to the chamber wall, drawn towards a pod that floats towards the next senator to be sworn in. It is a pod that is carrying Jed Knights.

Old anger and pain twists my stomach, along with a hint of fear. My skills are still virtually untested. Though I know from hard experience that the Dark Side is stronger, I still know the value of patience. The need for revenge burns strong, but it is a slow fire. I have waited long years already for my vengeance, and I can wait for years yet, biding my time. The Jedi are weak, weaker than they?ve been at any other time in the last four thousand years, but the time isn?t yet ripe.

I let my emotions wash over me, the anger sending waves of dark power through me, the fear adding an irresistible spice to the taste of my strength. One of the Jedi lifts his heads and scans the room, and I know that he can almost sense the power I wield, like the faintest whiff of sulfur in these cloyingly perfumed halls. But he shakes his head, and turns back to the Senator being sworn in. My disguise is perfect, and he cannot detect me.

I allow myself to smile as the pod carrying the Jedi floats closer, and I consider the dark and bloodstained path that led me to this point. A shadow of regret touches me, but I shrug it off. I am Daishar Palpatine, the Lord of the Sith. My time is coming. The Jedi will pay.

14. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    All these wonderful posts, I want to read all of them, though that'll be quite impossible, with so little time. Mr.P is this story a repost?

15. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This is my new and somewhat shorter story...;) I am putting up part of the prologue, where I froze a Jedi Padawan for 47 years, and send her into NJO Time. :D It's a bit darker than my usual stories,and the evil guy ISN'T a dark Jedi. Wahoo! :D

(Oh it dovetails with Mely's Anakin story, because Naboo will play a role in it.)

Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten

Prologue

The bright sun of Mantooine sank deep below the mountains, covering the landscape in a blanket of darkness. The small town of Guild was still a bustle of life, aircars and speeder bikes whizzed by a tall, muscular man as he stepped briskly onto an old-fashioned slide walk. He brushed past the busy sentients, and took a deep breath, basking in the glow of their life-force. Life he would gladly take from them, or trap within them for eternity.

But they would have to wait, for he already had his next victims lined up. He had caughtTwo Jedi this week, on his own homeworld! A gift from the Force, he was sure. His eyelids drooped in the shrouds of his cloak, as he daydreamed of ways to torture and kill his guests. Or, should the credit chip flip the other way, to freeze them forever in life. Allowing a small smile to form on his lips as he rounded a corner, the dark haired man headed down the street towards his home. The house was little more than a small hut, formed of sandstone bricks, and old fashioned doors that had to be opened with the twist of a knob. While his little one room home was the very holo of a humble dwelling, the basement was a different matter entirely.

Whistling softly to himself, he shuffled across the quaint living room, and headed resolutely towards the basement door. The door opened with a creak, and he stepped onto the metallic stairs, closing the door behind him.

Lord Sidious would be arriving in the morning, so he'd have to offer up his Jedi sacrifices tonight.

Deep in the cold confines of the vast horrifying basement, Helaine Trillium lay motionless on her rickety cot, staring up at the gray metallic ceiling for answers to her mind's ceaseless wanderings. Gentle streams of salty tears escaped her soft blue eyes as she wondered what had happened to the Galaxy in the past few months. How could an order that existed for a thousand generations, begin to vanish in the blink of an eye? How could a man of prophecy turn so devastatingly evil?

How could an innocent- looking gray lizard block the very essence of life?

The ceiling held no answers, so she rolled over onto her side, her golden brown hair hanging over the side of the cot. She stared at the steel gray wall, wondering if the cell beyond held her Master, Lanelle Caine. The Council had sent them to Mantooine for hiding, and at first it seemed like a safe place. Until the mad man came along, with his henchman and his Force- forsaken ysalamiri. She and Lanelle had not given up without a fight, killing at least four of the lackeys. Unfortunately, she and her Master were grossly outnumbered, and without the Force, they were an easier catch then usual.

Next to her cot lay her glasses, the man had allowed her to keep them, probably so she could see his horrors clearly. She didn't necessarily need glasses; she could see fine without them, though details were often blurred. A simple surgery would fix the problem, but Master Caine thought the surgery to be cosmetic, so she would not allow Helaine to get it. Sometimes Helaine thought her Master wanted her to look ugly; she could only wear tunics two sizes big for her, and her hair tied up into a tight bun. Helaine was pretty sure that her Master's regulations on her appearance had something to do with the Council's rules of dating, or the fact that Master Caine had had a baby at the age of sixteen. It was probably a mixture of both, and Helaine hated it. Shy as she was, she actually did want the boys to look. She wished Master Ca

16. Fluke_Groundwalker

Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 11, 2001
    Here's the first part of my story.

It all started when I was a young child, when I first saw a picture of my father in his Imperial uniform. That?s when my fanaticism for the Empire began. That?s when my life as I knew it ended, and my career started.

Chapter I

?Let?s go Cadet Kielen, pick it up,? said Instructor Matheson. It was our morning run from the barracks to the training grounds, a distance of about 5 kilometers. While I was in fairly good shape, I had never had extraordinary stamina.

?Yes sir,? I replied. I was in my second week of Imperial Training, and I was beginning to feel very agitated. The two weeks had consisted of nothing but exercise, and studies. When were we going to actually start training? I made myself to return to reality, and realized I was behind the rest of the group. This can?t look good on my resume, so I need to pick it up. I increased my pace, and found myself leading the group almost instantly.

?Cadet Kielen, were you told to lead the group to the training grounds??

Dammit. ?No sir, I wasn?t. Would you like me to resume my position in the rear?? I thought to myself, I?d like to vape him one of these days. Oh well, I?m here to follow in my father?s footsteps. My father had become Admiral Kielen, and was placed in charge of the Imperial Star Destroyer Irrevocable. When sent into the Nal Hutta system, he was ambushed by more than 20 cruisers. He was dead within 5 minutes.

I looked up, and saw the instructor running beside me, glaring harshly. ?Did you not hear what I said Cadet?? I looked at the ground sheepishly, and replied, ?Uh, no sir, I didn?t? I flashed a smile, and immediately wished I hadn?t. Before I could get rid of it, I found myself on the ground, with a bloody nose, and a black eye. ?Cadet, we?re not here to smile, and act stupidly. This is an IMPERIAL TRAINING FACILITY. Do you not understand that concept?? I was infuriated almost instantly, but kept my emotions hidden.

I put my hand to my face, and brought it away, bloodied. ?Sir, I apologize for my actions. I am here to train myself to become an officer of the Empire. My goal is to serve the Empire.? That ought to shut up him. I was wrong with that thought.

Instructor Matheson stared at me, then said, ?If you?re here to train to become an Imperial officer, you?re doing a half-assed job of trying.? He offered a hand to help me up, and I took it. ?Furthermore, you?re almost a kilometer behind the group. I suggest you hurry up, so as not to be late.?

Chapter II

?These, gentlemen, are standard Imperial sidearms. These will be your training weapons.Get to know them. Care for them as if they were your children. You lose them, you report to me, which you will not enjoy. We shall start training on the short firing range,? said our weapons master, Lieutenant Grozny.

He led us to the firing range, with most of the cadets awkwardly looking at their firearms, with some even dropping them. I could only shake my head in disgust, and smile at their trepidation. If only they knew the weapons? safeties are still locked. Of course, being the son of an Imperial officer, I grew accustomed to weapons at quite a young age. We arrived at the range about five minutes later, and most of the other cadets were looking around, wide-eyed, as if a child in a sweets shop.

I readied my weapon, and was ready to commence firing, when a hand landed on my shoulder. I startled, and looked behind my shoulder. It was Lieutenant Grozny. ?Sir??

The lieutenant looked at me very carefully, then replied, ?Cadet, I never gave the order to commence firing. Yet, you look as if you were going to fire. Have you had experience with firearms before??

I hesitated, the replied, "Yes sir, I have. My father introduced me to weapons at a young age, and I've used most all Imperial weaons."

He replied, "Ah yes, your father, Admiral Kielen. He was one of the finest officers the Empire has seen. I take it you wish to follow in his f

17. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Mr.P is this story a repost?

Yeah, it's a repost/rewrite of the fic, which I already finished, but the writing (especially at the beginning) was really, really bad.

--Mr. P :cool:

18. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Here's the first post to my first solo fic I have going right now!

The Meaning of Love

Anakin's p.o.v.

I once wondered what love was. The true meaning. The emotion. The power of such
    a simple word.

The sun finally sunk into the heavens beyond the blue sea to reveal the starry sky
    above. Millions of stars twinkled high in the atmosphere, shinning like a diamond in the reflection of the sun. Just like home, suddenly enters my mind, so much like home.

The ability to change one?s life for forever, that word holds.

Love is not something to be played with. It?s not a food to be passed around. Love
    is real. Love is what keeps my life life together.

I know the meaning of love. The know that when I am held I am loved. I know that
    when I am kissed I am loved.

I know that when I love, I am loved.

I turn my gaze back up to the many starry sky wondering how I could be so lucky
    as to have found my love.

But I did, and I thank the heavens above for that.

The gentle night breeze ruffles my curly hair, sending goosebumps along my chilled skin.
    I tighten my arms around the wondrous beauty laying so comfertably in my arms. So beautiful. So
    caring. So angelic.

The sound of crashing waves creates a simple melody in the silence of the night and
    I stand, extending my hand for it to be taken. The beating of our hearts slow to
    become one as we sway to the unnamed song.

We must have danced for hours like that. Neither of us caring if we were seen or
    who saw us.

I look into her eyes. Those beautiful eyes of the darkest chocolate. The way the
    sparkle in the moonlight.

I lean my face down slowly to hers, just enough so I can feel her breath on my lips.

?I love you Am.?

I say before kissing her, the action sending shivers throughout me. The kiss is slow, passionate, and breath taking. My lips linger on hers only momentarily, remembering the taste of her lips.

?I love you to Ani.?

Nothing more is said, all that matters is that we love and are loved.

19. Albion

Albion Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 18, 2000
    And When I Close My Eyes...

I can?t sleep without the dreams coming.

Ever since I turned fifteen, the dreams have come every night, and they only change when I find the meaning or purpose of one. Then the new one begins, and I am forced to go running after it to keep my own sanity. Sometimes it is years between finding one dream and another, but I persevere.

I have to.

Nothing else can save me from them.

?The harvest time, when all the crops ripen and bloom into a cacophony of smells and colors. I work side by side with my family, my two little sisters, my mother, my father, my grandfather too. We harvest the grain and make it into a sweet-tasting bread that sells well off world. The First Harvest is always a day of celebration, and musicians come from the trade cities to play for us as we work, in exchange for a good home-cooked meal. The same musician has come to our home every Harvest for the last three years. This year I think he?ll approach my father about me.

As I?m clearing a row, there is the sound of an incoming transport. I look up and see several blocky-looking ships landing in the north field, where we?d planned to let fallow for a season. I ask father why the merchants were coming so early in the day. He squints, and a look of horror washes over him.

?Run for the house! Hurry!?

I pause for a moment, unsure of things. I see man after man, clad in white armor, carrying blasters coming out of the shuttles. Scared, mother grabs me and my sisters, and we run. Father picks up the blaster rifle he keeps to fend off the maka-beasts who try and eat our crops, and fires at the men in armor. I shout at him to stop, and ask why he?s shooting at people. Father always tells us not to shoot at people, because it?s wrong.

Halfway to the house, mother stumbles, and fall, and I reach back to help her, but she just yells, ?Run! Don?t stop!?

I look up, and see my father die. I see him pierced by bolt after bolt of red energy, and can do nothing but watch in horror. I am frozen, my two little sisters at my side, crying. The musician, he grabs at the children, and pushes me towards the house. I have no choice but to go with him. Mother pulls out the shearing blade from her side, and charges one of the white-armored men, putting the point in his throat. With a scream, she slashes, taking another down, and all I can do is watch as blood flies, and then the acrid tang of ozone hit my nose, and my mother falls, her eyes open, staring at us.

Suddenly my world is pain, and a burning feeling in my gut as I keel over. I put my hand down where I think I see some dirt, and it comes away bloody. I?ve been shot, and then another hits me, and I?m still alive, but I collapse as my arm is on fire. I want to crawl away and hide, to cry and forget these white-clad men. Another lance of red goes into my side. I still live, but my vision is blurry with tears and this other feeling. I feel myself slipping farther and farther, and then I am hit again, and my vision fills with nothing by pain and blackness?

?Doctor??

I wake with a start.

?Doctor Sydie Kesh??

I look down at the white bodysuit I?m wearing. That?s right, I?m a doctor, not a farmgirl. Absently, my hands move to where I remember the wounds, but there is nothing except the uniform. I?d almost sigh with relief, but I know that I will be that girl again, and see her death again the next time my eyes close.

?Syd? You?re needed in the ship?s secondary medbay. One of the miners got banged up good out there.?

I look up and see my current assistant, a Mon Calamari woman by the Tresha. We go by first names, because it makes her feel better, though anytime she wants my attention, I get my full name. Every time I hear it, I expect to see my mother staring at me, with a new list of things I have done to offend the universe in general. Kresha knows that I have bad dreams, but she thinks it?s because I?m an itinerant doctor, and have seen too much death.

20. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    This is the first post of The Circle, my AU futurefic. Feedback is always welcome (hint hint).

~~

Rowan Archimedes took a deep, steadying breath. Just remember, she told herself, it?s an honor to serve the Empire. She laughed softly. Yes, it was an honor, especially for one in her position. Was she not, after all, the only woman ever to achieve the rank of Admiral as far as anyone knew or cared, the only woman to serve as one of the Emperor?s personal guards before she began her meteoric rise to the bridge of the Executor itself? She was important and could not be disposed of easily. Just you remember that.

That thought firmly in place, she stepped into the private meditation chamber, hands clenched behind her back and eyes straight ahead. ?My lord, you asked to be informed when we had the quarry trapped.?

Two eyes ? one ice-blue, one red, neither truly human ? met her gaze levelly. Rowan fought the urge to lick her lips. It was like looking at a rancor and knowing that you might have been spared simply because you were too small to bother with. Creation preserve me, but I hate the Sith. She held the man?s stare, daring him to do anything about it. He had a certain reputation, but she had not been promoted to Admiral at thirty-three by being useless. That?s right, she thought grimly. You can?t kill me yet. You need me.

The Sith strode towards her, black cape billowing as he walked. He was older than she, although exactly how much she would not have placed any bet on. It was hard to see his face under the twin scars that ran down either cheek, great slashes that had taken his real eyes at some point in the past. He was bald save for a single bone-white topknot, but Rowan had no idea if that was his natural coloring or not.

She had been told his predecessor had been more frightening, but she did not believe it. At least that creature had had a mask.

?The Interdictor is in place?? he asked quietly. It was more like a growling, rumbling hiss than anything else. Another remnant of an old wound, Rowan supposed. She had heard a little about his fights with Organa and her Jedi renegades ? enough to chill her to the core at the thought of being between Darth Rage and his prey.

?They are, my lord. We will have boarding crews ready within moments. They will not escape us.?

?See that they do not, Admiral. Things might go...badly for you, regardless of the Emperor?s protection.?

You still need me. You know it, and I know it.] She bowed at the waist ? not quite as between equals, but not subservient in any way. ?It will be as you command, my lord.?

~~

The space yacht rocked, almost sending Malinza Thanas stumbling against a bulkhead. Almost. She caught herself on the golden railing running around the bridge and hurried to the center chair. ?Report.?

?We?re not going to make it to the rendezvous,? her pilot said miserably. ?I?m sorry, Governor.?

?Don?t be.? She smoothed her skirt absently and tucked her long braid back inside of her voluminous white hood. It was hardly necessary to wear the snow-white robes of the Inner Council on one?s private ship, but if she was to be arrested, she intended it to be in full regalia. Executor or no, she would remind the Empire that they were facing more than just the governor of a backwater planet. ?Open a channel.?

A small, wavering hologram flickered into existence in front of her. Malinza carefully kept the surprise off of her face when she saw Admiral Archimedes regarding her severely. She was on her guard instantly; such a powerful woman would not have personally overseen communications unless she had more than circumstantial evidence. And if the Executor had indeed found concrete proof...

Malinza swallowed down a lump of fear. ?I demand to know who ordered this outrage,? she said regally.

?You are in no position to demand anything, Governor.? Not Inner Councilor ? she really was in trouble, if there had been any doub

21. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    The girls at the "lovers Cantina' thread were complaining about the ani/ami stories all going in the same direction-ani meets ami after 10 years and blah blah. So I decided to write something different.

Ani never becomes a Jedi, but is sent back to Tatooine to resume his miserable life, as the youth grows his hardship and broken dreams shape him into a man full of hate and anger, making him an easy target for Sidious.
    This starts of dark but since its an Au theres always hope.
    KNIGHT OF DARKNESS

The Naboo sun shone bright behind the handsome young man leaning on the stone balcony at the end of the corridor. The birds chirped and the smell of summer flowers wafted from the sprawling gardens below.

The corridor seemed endless to Padmé as she hurried towards her fiancé, as is it she had made him wait long enough. She squinted through the dazzling light in an effort to catch the infectious grin on his face or the twinkle in his brown eyes, that she knew would be there to greet her.

The Young man stood straight as she approached him, he was dressed in a crisp army uniform, cutting a dashing figure as he held out his arms to her.
    Padmé jogged the remaining distance ready to throw herself into his welcoming arms.

Suddenly a dark, hooded form, his cape bellowing behind him, appeared out of nowhere, casting a shadow over her. She looked up in terror as the faceless shape held up a thick-gloved hand, blocking her path. Then he stepped towards her, pulling his hood back as he did so, her blood curdled at the gruesome sight before her.

Standing before her was death itself; his skulled head devoid of any skin or flesh, two fiery orbs of blue blazed from the sockets where his eyes should have been. His mouth was set in a perpetual malevolent grin as he gestured her to come closer. She backed away terrified.

Suddenly the apparition turned around to face the young man, who was reaching for his blaster. She saw a flash of red and screamed.

Aji, looked down in disbelief, he wasn?t standing on his legs but on short stumps where his knees should have been. He did not have time to lament his loss as the red flashed again, he heard another scream but it was from far, far away, he squinted at something familiar on the floor-that arm, it was his, he recognized the gold engagement ring on one finger-then the red flashed again and all went dark.

Padmé woke up with a start, her body trembling and her clothes wet with sweat. She rubbed her eyes and looked around the empty room, it was dark but a little light from the waning moon filtered through the port window.

Pressing her hand to her breast, to calm her beating heart, she sagged back into the pillow. Tears welled in her eyes, as she thought about the nightmare. Why was it dogging her-night after night it plagued her.

She jumped suddenly as a muscular arms slid across her belly; the bed creaked softly as the man beside her turned in his sleep, pressing his body against her. She held her breath, as she looked at him from the corners of her eyes, then releasing it when it was evident that he was fast asleep.

Slowly she turned her head towards him. Staring hard at the almost angelic young face, his long lashes quivered slightly as she gently caressed the soft skin, tinged blue by the moon beans, burying her fingers into his short blond hair; gently she swept it away from his forehead.

He looked so serene and peaceful, so innocent and vulnerable; she could almost love him-if anybody could ever love the devil. Looking at him now, no one would guess this was the same twisted tyrant who?s mere look could scare stiff prisoners, warriors and generals alike.

Never had the galaxy seen such ruthless efficiency. Within months of gaining control of the forces, he had rampaged through the galaxy, leaving a trail of quick and ruthless victories. Yet this man was her husband, she who had never hurt a living creature intently, even as a powerful ruler-yet now she was wife

22. the-Ewan-Pixie

the-Ewan-Pixie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    This is the first part of my upcoming fic "Innocence Lost" If you've read the trailer, then you kinda get the gist! I hope it's as good as the trailer! :)

------

Innocence Lost

(I'm still not sure if this is the first chap or not, 'cos it might be longer.-EP)

Everything must have its end, for nothing lasts forever. Seasons change, empires fall, and life must have room for rebirth. It happens with all things in some way or another, no matter the size or relevance for as people learn harshly sometimes, nothing lasts forever.
    It is the way of all things, the way of the Force. People and times change, the years go by, and things end.

Generations shift.

People pass into the Force

And prophecies come true, bringing an end to all thoughts that had been given to them. Life moves on, and rebirth is more often than not painful. Lives are ended, familiarity lost, and things that have seemed so immortal and impenetrable, things that have been around for some kind of forever, have been toppled and ended; leaving people to wonder and move on.

But again, such is the way of all things, and the way of the Force.

Life moves on painfully, and the ghosts of ended ages relearn the fact that you must learn from the past, and remember the words of those who came before.

You have to listen to prophecy.

---------

Entry from Ajianna?s Journal-Excerpt

I have learned that the more you exist, the more you forget what is truly important and the thing that happen when you?re young. Stories, legends and things you learn the hard way.
    I will never forget what happens to me. Ever. I?ll share them with my apprentice, and hope it keeps my two feet on the ground. ?

------------

Ajianna Ter walked carefully though the halls of the Jedi Temple, holding her somewhat injured hand close to her abdomen as she made her way through the meandering halls of the large temple. Passing through the classroom wing, she walked swiftly down a short flight of stairs, slightly wincing at each step, however few. Her silvery chestnut red hair fell over na eye, and she carefully blew it away. She wondered, slightly, if the part of the initiate?s wing she planned to cut through would be cut off. Passing by the wallas of the Creche, she nodded in greeting to the Temple workers who were standing on ladders performing construction to the insides of the Temple. More construction had been going on lately than she had ever see; on all the aspects of the Temple. Even in the dead of night, some worker could be heard tapping or sawing away, and it was all Ajianna could do to try and find her way around them.

She was interrupted in thought as a group of young students passed by her, led by their Master. Carrying bricks and stones, they nodded in respect to the 16 standard year old Padawan. She smiled back, as she watched a young Togorian struggle with a brick.

Of course! Levitation. Smiling, she watched as the Initiate struggled behind, and she focused beyond her pain to make the brick rise in the air. The furry child stopped in surprise, and turned in wonder to look at Ajianna. Holding a hand to her lips, she ushered for him to keep moving, as he grinned and carefully grabbed the brick from the air, running to catch up with his class.

Smiling, Ajianna continued her journey to the Healers wing.
    ------------

Pfen Leiker finished seperating the vials of medication, and placing them into their assorted slots. He picked up his datapad and checked his patient list, entering into the recovery section of the Healers Wing.

?Good afternoon, Master Djo. How are you feeling today?? The reclining Jedi smiled at him, her deep brown hair falling limply over her forehead.

"Much better today, Pfen. The tearing feels like its healing better than I thought.?

Pfen nodded, his clear blue eyes inquisitive and questioning. ?We should be able to discharge you tonight, although you?ll be on a crutch for a while. Are there any unusual pains in the abdomen or rib cage??

Master Djo had been caught in a stampede and although she had

23. the-Ewan-Pixie

the-Ewan-Pixie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2001
    I'm a thread killer! :(

Up!

peace,
    EP

24. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    This is the first post of my story An Uncertain Path

An Uncertain Path

Do you know what the scariest thing is?
    To not know your place in this world.
    To not know why you?re here.
    That?s?it?s just an awful feeling.

Isiah, Unbreakable

Part I

The Book of Endings

Time was irrelevant.

At least it was for Senator Mutan Urot.

Day and night had blended into one long haze.

The interior of his tiny cell never changed.

The Udali Senator had arrived on Carua VI as part of a Senate authorized investigation of illegal slavery within the Republic. The Carua contacts had been friendly, even welcoming. They happily showed him everything he wanted to see and then some.

It had been a beautiful show.

Muton might have even been persuaded to believe in their innocence had it not been for his two traveling companions. Guardians of peace and justice. Yes, he had requested the help of the Jedi in uncovering the truth.

They had walked into the center of the largest slavery ring he had ever seen and he had long investigated them in the outer rim.

The investigation had gone with relative ease.

No wonder the Jedi had been so tense that last morning.

He would have been too if he had only known.

On the way to the ambassadorial transport the ship was rocked by cannon fire exploding before him. He didn?t even know where the shots came from that had killed the two Jedi.

His captors were experts. He was unharmed save for the bruises of being shoved into the tiny, dark cell.

Home.

So much time had passed?at least he thought?that Muton wondered if anyone knew he was still being held captive.

What purpose did it serve to keep him alive all this time?

Weakly he shoved the bowl of gruel back to the little door that everything came and went through. The larger door had not been opened except to put him in the cell.

The faces of his captures were a mystery to him.

They had not even offered the comfort of their voices.

His cell was more than a prison of six walls, it was a prison of the mind as well.

Not that it mattered, it would be his coffin soon enough.

"Muton Urot?" sounded a muffled voice from beyond the door.

"Yes?" he croaked surprised he even still had a voice.

"Stand back."

He heard a strange sound then suddenly a glowing blue light punched through the door. Slowly the focused light drew around in the shape of a large circle just big enough for him to crawl through. The cut away piece shifted and fell back out of his cell as the blue light disappeared.

"Senator," a voice spoke as a brown cloaked figure stepped partway into the small cell. "Can you stand?"

"It?s been so long," Muton was barely able to whisper. He squinted but there was not much light to see his savior.

The cloaked figure leaned forward, wrapping an arm gently around Muton?s waist, pulling the weakened Senator to his feet.

"We must hurry," the voice said as the Senator was pulled from his cell.

Muton?s legs could not support him so the figure pulled the Senator?s arm across his broad shoulders and helped the man through the poorly lit hall. He glanced sidelong at his savior and gave a weak smile.

A Jedi, he thought.

Suddenly a renewed strength poured into his weary body.

"Alarm!" A voice raged from behind.

Muton?s heart leapt in fright but the Jedi remained calm.

The Senator felt himself being pushed behind the safety of a thick pillar as blaster bolts tore past. In his weakened condition he sank to the cold floor. Muton shook even as the familiar hum of the lightsaber cut through the air deflecting the bolts back at the shooters.

25. sabrelight

Dec 21, 2000
    Hugs ewan-pixie! Your not a thread killer. Its just that this thread moves slow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.