main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Sci-fi book you ever read/first Star Wars book you ever read?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by SithSolo1, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithSolo1

SithSolo1 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2001
    WoW, I didn't even know there was a book section. I tried searching but I kept getting an error. If this has been asked recently, I do apologies and welcome a lock.

The first Sci-fi book I ever read was first edition of Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card. Amazing book, if you haven't read it I highly recommend it. My mother had bought it years ago at a yard sale but had never read it. It just sat in the book self collecting dust. As for Star Wars books, back in the 90s I got the SW Trilogy on VHS and for about a year I watched weekly, after that about once a month. Anyway, one day I was walking through a flea market and stumbled upon a book that had Star Wars in the title so I said, "What the heck?" and gave the lady $5. Got back home, read it, and I was hooked. What book you ask? A first edition hardcover of Heir to the Empire by Timothy Zahn. :D

I'd say that this is more EUC style. And if you're looking for a forum to for non-SW book discussion, try the Amphitheatre. :)

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Ah, it's more EU Community discussion, isn't it?

3. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Should be fine if we primarily stick to Star Wars.

The first Star Wars book that I read was Courtship of Princess Leia, just after it came out in paperback.

My first Sci-Fi novel is a bit harder to find. I read Ender's Game, 2001: A Space Odyssey and Dune all around the same time and don't remember which one came first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.