Beyond First Sentence Challenge! Post your fics here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Twich Force Ghost

star 1
    Okay..here's the thread for the First Sentence Challenge found here!

Good luck and post away!!!
  2. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: No Problem
    Author: oldjedinurse
    Characters: Read it and see!
    Era: Post ROTJ
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: A little viggie about security.

Couldn't resist The First Sentence Challenge!!!

;)

No Problem

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her. No reason to hurry. A half-mug of ale?s no match for a blaster anyway.

Suddenly, the hail of fire stopped. Shouts and sounds of booted feet on the run grew louder as she thought better of continuing toward the fight. Ducking into a doorway, she watched as five spacers tripped and stumbled toward the lift doors at the hallway intersection. She sipped her ale quietly as one of the spacers palmed the lift?s call panel over and over.

?C?mon, c?mon.? The tallest of the five kept glancing back to see seven burly security guards closing on them.

When the lift doors slid open, five disheveled men leapt inside and keyed the doors to close. Blaster bolts rang once more as their pursuers made a final attempt to stop their getaway.

?Dispatch this is Nine-four-nine. They are in lift number 4B1831. I repeat. They are,? he noted the indicator board, ?traveling downward on lift 4B1831.?

His comm clicked. After listening a moment, the lead holstered his blaster. ?We?re standing down on this one.? His team visibly relaxed as they turned toward an open walkway where they stopped to peer over the railing.

Moving easily down the hall and vaguely realizing she was now one of those morbid onlookers she?d always despised, Inyri Forge found a spot along the same rail where she could rest her mug and watch the drama unfold. Security?s waiting for you, fellas.

Four stories below, the lift doors opened.

The squadron of Coruscant police hesitated. Then one by one they switched their personal shields to ?off? and stood as if creating an honor guard along a path leading from the lift.

Inyri?s right brow shot up. Interesting. She drained her ale without taking her eyes from the scene. Her security companions along the railing looked at each other quizzically.

Their captain was reaching for his comm again when there was movement in the lift doorway.

The spacers were nowhere to be seen.

Instead, four women emerged. The tallest tossed her hair as she addressed the squadron staring at them.

?They?re all yours boys.?

She and her companions strode purposefully away to the stares of everyone in the area. Each was dressed in skinny high heels and an evening gown, not a hair out of place nor a weapon in sight.

Finally, the closest squad member looked cautiously into the lift.

Five men lay on the car?s floor, looking like a pile of unwashed clothing.

?Uh, Lieutenant??

His teammates joined him and for a moment they all merely stared.

There was no visible blood. No signs of trauma. Just a stack of unconscious and rather smelly men.

?Sir? Who was that??

The Lieutenant sighed. ?That?? He looked briefly over his shoulder. ??That? was Mara Jade, Leia Solo, Iella Antilles and Mirax Horn.?

Above them, Inyri laughed as she had not done in, well, perhaps since Wes Janson?s last party.

?Amateurs,? she snorted as she turned her back on the incredulous officers and headed back toward the bar where the rest of the Rogues were supporting the local economy.

"Hey,'Nyr. What was all the noise?"

"S'nothing. Live-fire training for local security." Inyri grabbed a fresh mug on its way to Corran's fist.

"I think they learned a lot."

*** [face_peace]
  3. Twich Force Ghost

star 1
    Now that was fantastic! What a great ride! LOL!!!!

Heheheh!

This is fun!
  4. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Wonderful oldjedinurse! Bravo! =D=
  5. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Outstanding ojn!! LOL!
  6. oldjedinurse Jedi Master

star 4
    :)

Thanks, Twich, VaderLVR and Leona!

Hope to see some more entries here soon...

oldj
  7. Jennifer_Lyn Force Ghost

star 4
    oldjedinurse: Huzzah! Great work. You actually got me sucked into the Beyond board! Ooh, it's nutty here, but I like the viggie! I look forward to seeing more, too!
  8. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    That was cute and very funny, oldj :) Clever ending. I don't think I want to cross paths with any of those ladies :p At least not as an enemy ;)
  9. Shadowolf Jedi Knight

star 2
    Title: A Challenge
    Author: Shadowolf
    Characters: Mara Jade, Talon Karrde
    Genre: Action
    Summary: Just a little challenge from Mara?s Boss.

A Challenge

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her. Just how did I let him talk me into this? Mara Jade scowled as she ducked a wild shot. Karrde had a lot of explaining to do. When he said ?Let?s see just how good your reflexes are now.? Mara had expected a simple sparring session with some of the crew. She hadn?t expected to wake up in a supply closet without her weapons. After she managed to hotwire the door controls and get out of the closet but she hadn?t expected to start making her way down the cooridor and find her crewmates taking potshots at her!

?Mara, your objective is simple,? Karrde?s cultured voice came through the ship?s comlink. ?Make your way to the aft hanger without getting shot. Take out any obstacles that may get in your way, but use non-lethal means if you don?t mind. This is a game, not a reason to hire new crewmembers.?

?A game?? Mara muttered. It wasn?t the game she?d agreed to when she accepted her boss?s challenge. Part of her rebelled at Karrde?s restrictions, but that was a part she did her best to ignore. Her more recent training kicked in giving her a warning and she jumped into a diving roll that kept her from being hit by two simultaneous shots. It also made her drop the powerpack. She crouched low as she reached out with the Force and called the small box to her. Someone was just around the corner and she was tired of being shot at!

She steadied herself as she slid along the wall and prepared to turn the corner. If she was going to get hit it would happen now. Taking a deep breath Mara adjusted her grip on the powerpack and made sure the electrodes were exposed. Yes, she?d stun her crewmates but the voltage wasn?t lethal. Something was waiting for her in that hangar and she had every intention of getting to it. Calling on the Force to guide her movements Mara spun around the corner her right hand lashing out, jabbing the powerpack electrodes into a crewman?s side. He yelped in shock just before falling to the ground, but Mara was already moving. She flipped through the air, extending one leg to knock the blaster out of Roc T?Grane?s hand. He swore as he shook his hand to ease the pain and forgot all about trying to subdue Jade. She was going through the hallway using the walls for leverage as she took down crewman after crewman. Watching her was like watching a dancer on the Coruscanti stage, every motion was a study in grace and efficency. Roc knew that if Mara truly felt threatened none of the crewmen in that hallway would still be alive.

Nearing the end of the hall, Mara looked over her shoulder and saw Roc still standing. She cocked her head to the side with an eyebrow raised. She gave a sly smile as Roc shook his head and said, ?I yeild.? With a nod Mara turned back and continued to the end of the hallway. She slapped her hand on the door control and stepped inside.

?Well, no need to worry about you going soft now is there?? Karrde asked with a wry smile.

Mara smiled and held out her hand for her lightsaber, which flew from Karrde?s belt to her hand easily. ?Not a chance.?
  10. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Sentence #2 :

Title: Ready to Love Again
    Author: Me
    Timeframe: Post NJO
    Characters: Zekk and Tahiri
    Genre: Romance

As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body and knew what he had to do. Slowly his lips descended, her lips sitting there, waiting for the connection.

It was just a small kiss, tender, enough to confirm that this was right for him, for them. Once his lips left the soft touch of hers, his green eyes looked gazingly into hers. The tears had begun to trickle down the rosy cheeks, making him wonder if it was because he took this bold step or because she hadn?t been able to stop them.

Zekk?s thumb intercepted them, wiping them from her face. When that was done it joined the rest of his fingers into the blonde waves surrounding her face before returning to her chin. His left hand came up and pushed the bangs away, lingering on the Vong mark she received a few years ago.

Another tear fell and his other thumb caught it in time. ?It?s going to be ok,? he said softly. The face he was still holding moved in agreement. She would be safe with him, always.

Everything around him was standing still while he was with her. Breaking this moment was not something he wanted to do but they had to get out, he had to get her safe.

Since working together on this mission the young woman had come to know what he was thinking and wanted to show him he was right. So her right hand went up to take his as she indicated, ?I?m ready.?

He smiled and the two moved out of the small room where they had slept side by side last night, where no one had thought of searching for her.

Tahiri?s fingers wove through his as they moved towards the exit. She was going to tell him if they got off this planet, no not if, when they got off, that she was ready, finally ready to fall in love again.
  11. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    That wuz so beautiful!! :_| I never thought of Zekk and Tahiri... *evil grin*
  12. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    OK, now it's my turn!

Title: What to do... OH! I know!
    Author: Courtney_Solo

What to do... OH! I know!

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her.

Can't touch this...

Tahiri dodged another shot, coming from an Anakin look-a-like, and that sent a pang of sorrow through her heart, as it always did when she saw him on the opposite team.

"Your not suppossed to be against me, Anakin! You rigged the game wrong!" She shouted over the sounf affects of Anakin's new surround sound and veiw game.

A big sign with the words PAUSED came up on to the screen and Tahiri stepped out of her controller, there were only two.

Anakin stumbled out of his, and Tahiri struggled not to laugh.

"We've been playing this all day, what else can we do?" Anakin asked his hysterically laughing girlfriend after he tripped over his un-done shoelaces.

"How about we practice parrying?"

"Too boring, and we did that yesterday."

"We could swim out to that little island over there." Tahiri pointed to a small island out in the middle of the lake.

"Jaina wants to do that with us, but she and Zekk are to busy, they said they're repairing the Lightning Rod but I'm pretty sure they got sidetracked.

Luke Skywalker had sent them to Naboo to have some time off, the war was finally over, and they deserved a vacation.

"I want to blast some Vong butt, but they're all extinct." Tahiri's comment was true, mostly.

"How about we just play some more?"

"Fine. This time your on my side."
  13. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    First sentence challenge:

Title: Staying Home
    Character:Syal Antilles
    Timeframe:Post NJO, barely

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her.

She had no idea where she was, only that they were right behind her. In minutes they could overtake her and kill her. Until then she prayed that her family or their friends would find her in time.

But how could they? How could they possibly know where she was taken? Did the abductors leave a ransom note? Did they leave any clue that her mother could use to track her down? Or did her family already believe she was dead?

Syal Antilles had no time to dwell on these things. It wasn?t going to get her free from the men who took her last night.

Last night. How much she wanted to take back everything she said to her father. He had wanted her to be with the family at yet another victory party now that the war had ended. But she didn?t want to follow her famous parents around as they were congratulated for their efforts, once again.

Just how many of those things did her father expect her to endure? It wasn?t as if her friends would be there with her. They were off on Ossus, at the new Jedi Academy. The attendees would all be the same, politicians, military leaders, the Jedi Masters. Besides herself and her sister Myri, the youngest one there would probably be in their thirties.

So this time she put her foot down about being allowed to stay home. She was practically an adult now, just turning sixteen. Why couldn?t she stay home? Why couldn?t her father trust her to take care of herself?

But he was right. She apparently couldn?t take care of herself.

Wedge Antilles after much discussion with his eldest daughter and his wife, then again with his wife alone, finally conceded and let her stay home.

Once the others left she laid across the repulsor sofa, snacks and a drink within reach as she flicked across the holonet looking for something to watch. She stayed that way for over an hour before the door chime announced a visitor.

Her bare feet strode up to the door as she asked who was out there. A husky voice indicated through the comm that he was from Intel, an urgent matter for Iella Wessiri Antilles.

If only. If only she had been more careful, or not opened the door without verifying the authenticity of the credentials, the two men with blasters might not have overtaken her so easily.

The purpose of their visit was never clear, although the one ransacked the apartment, but not stating what it was he was looking for. The other stood by her side, his strong arms gagging her and binding her hands and feet.

When the place was an utter mess the two men left, taking her with them. ?Probably to hold me for ransom,? she thought.

Her eyes were covered and they didn?t go far when she felt the cool breeze on the rest of her face. They were outside. A short ride and walk later the girl was alone in a small closet-like room.

They had left her alone, untied. It was their first mistake.

A mop was sitting in the corner, inside a bucket, no longer filled with any liquid. As quiet as possible she removed the mop from its stick. Then she waited by the door, waiting for her chance.

She waited and waited and was about to give up when the door opened. She didn?t know which man it was, only that he had a tray of food in his hand and after not seeing her in the open, was stupid enough to enter. His second mistake.

The body dropped to the ground loudly after the stick crossed the back of his head. Syal was afraid she had killed him but knew there was no time to worry about that now. She had to get out in case he was still alive and got up or the other man heard the thud.

So she ran, out the door, stick in hand, down the corridors trying to find the exit. The other man had indeed heard and was not far behind her, his blaster shooting each time she was in his sight.

As she rounded
  14. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just a quick note to let all the entries know, OldJ, Shadowolf, and Courtneythat I read these quickly, not enough time while I'm supposed to be working. I think they're awesome and can't wait to see the next sentence and additional entries.
  15. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Title: The Quest
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Han and Leia
    Summary: Sometimes we do difficult things for the ones we love.
    Notes: Ah, a weird plot bunny.

The Quest

As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body and knew what he had to do. He did not want to do it, gods knew he didn?t. But there would never be peace in their lives until he completed the task that she had put before him.

He loved her too much to refuse her.

She stared at him, her eyes hungry and full of need. Leia?s hand came up to caress his cheek, giving him courage and the will to do what must be done.

?All right,? he conceded, and felt her body grow limp with relief. ?I?ll do it,? he murmured. ?But only because I love you.?

?Han,? she murmured contentedly, stroking the stubble on his face. ?I knew I could count on you.?

?Only you could make me do something like this, your highnessness,? he grumbled.

She laughed, her relief making her giddy. Leia threw her arms around him and pulled him close. Her happy sigh was warm against his throat and he felt his heart speed up in response. She could still make him feel like a schoolboy with his first crush ? and she knew it.

She also knew that he could not refuse her heartfelt request. If it was possible, he would fulfill her need, and even if it was not, he would die trying. She was his princess, his beloved pain in the neck.

He gave a weary sigh and threw back the covers.

Han came to his feet and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He had been sleeping just fine, at least until a small hand had begun giving him persistent nudges. She had claimed surprise when he had jerked awake, his hand automatically going to the small blaster he kept under his pillow.

Then she had leaned close and whispered her most secret desire in his ear. He had shuddered but he had known, in the deepest corner of his heart, that he would find what she needed.

He shrugged on some clothes and cursed under his breath when his boots would not cooperate. Han put his blaster in the well-worn holster and clipped his comm unit to his belt.

Once he was prepared to face the unknown, he looked down at her. She was so lovely sitting in their bed, her face radiant with joy. Her hands were wrapped protectively around her big, round belly as she reassured the twins within her that help was on the way.

Leia looked like an angel, her hair falling down in soft brown curls to frame her glowing face. Her lips were parted expectantly, as if he had already returned from his quest and she was waiting for his kiss?or for the precious gift he would bring her.

Unable to help himself, he smiled at her. He could never stay angry with her, not for long.

?All right, princess,? he growled, his eyes twinkling at her. ?What kind do you want??

She tilted her head to the side and considered the matter. Then she grinned. ?Bring me a pint of chocolate, pint of vanilla, and a gallon of naaz-berry sherbet.?

He rolled his eyes, but put the credit chips in his pocket. He gave her a mocking bow and a lopsided smile.

?As you wish, milady,? and he turned to go.

Her sweet voice stopped him in the doorway.

?And hurry, the twins are hungry!?
  16. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    VaderLVR64[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] This is just too cute.

I was reading and trying to figure out what he had to do.

Her hands were wrapped protectively around her big, round belly as she reassured the twins within her that help was on the way.

The minute I saw it I now wondered what he had to go get.

?All right, princess,? he growled, his eyes twinkling at her. ?What kind do you want??

She tilted her head to the side and considered the matter. Then she grinned. ?Bring me a pint of chocolate, pint of vanilla, and a gallon of naaz-berry sherbet.?

Han's a keeper. [face_love] I'm just saying.
  17. jaya_tharen Jedi Knight

star 3
    Ooh! I wanna try!

Title:Reoccuring Dream
    Characters:Jaina
    Author:Jaya_tharen
    Timeframe: NJO
    Notes: Just something that came to me

Reoccuring Dream

If it really is a weapon, she thought to herself, glancing down to once again marvel at the cold metal cilinder in her small hands. She'd only seen one of these twice before, but had never gotten close enough to figure out how they worked; she was usually too busy running from the person wielding it.

The firestorm around her died down and all was suddenly quiet....too quiet.
    They're back!her mind screamed, urging her feet forward, forcing her to continue down the corridor as the lights blinked out one by one. Soon the patter of her bare feet was the only noise in the consuming darkness and her breath sounded heavy and loud.

"Jaina!" A voice hissed from the end of the hall. "Jaina, what are you doing?!"

She squinted into the black shadows. "Jasa? Is that you?" She couldn't see him, but the voice definitely belonged to her twin brother. "Where are you?"

A moment of silence passed in which she felt her stomach grow sick; something wasn't right here...

Then, finally, "I'm in the room on the left, at the end of this hallway. C'mon, we don't have much time!"

Ignoring the niggling bits of doubt floating through her mind, Jaina picked up speed, running across the floor, her feet making slapping noises as the contacted the cold duracreet. Bursting into the room, Jaina flashed a big smile. "Jasa! You're ba...."

She trailed off as the joy in her voice turned to horror that seeped slowly through her veins. "You're not Jasa."

The man that stood before her shook his head. "No, I'm not your brother. You'll never see your bothers again; you're coming with me."

As he spoke, thick, black, oily clouds billowed out from around his dark form and lumbered towards her. "NO!" she shouted, turning to flee, but where the door had once been was now a dark, towering wall of black smoke.

She spun back to face the dark being before her and stood, clutching the metal cilinder protectively to herself, desperately searching it for a means to ignite the blade. What was it called again?

The dark man laughed; a dark, evil, malicious smile spreading over his face. "The little girl has a lightsaber."

Her head snapped up. "I'm not a little girl! I'm almost eight years old, and so is my brother."

"You're brother is dead." His eyes flashed. "You'll never see him again!"

"No!" she cried again, fighting to keep the tears inside. Terror was growing in her heart and it made her angry; she was a big girl; she wasn't supposed to be frightened. Her searching fingers found a button protruding from the tube in her hands and she activated it instantly, holding the blade unsteadily, pointed towards the man that scared her so.

He cackled with something akin to amusement. "Ah, but does she know how to use it?" From his hands sprang a brilliant red blade that she hadn't noticed before; he was one of them.

Jaina began to back away, clumsily trying to steady the heavy blade in her small hands. The red blade was close now, close enough to burn her skin; she could feel the pain seering through her right shoulder.

"And now," the man took a step forward, thrusting the blade completely into her shoulder. "You will die."

Jaina sat up in bed with a scream of pain and her hand flew instantly to her shoulder, expecting to find a deep saber wound. Instead all her fingers touched was the light material of her sleeping shirt over her skin; there was no puncture or hole.

Catching her breathe, she put her head down in her hands and moaned quietly to herself. Three weeks of waking up with the same dream hovering at the edges of memory, three weeks of keeping this horror to herself, three weeks of keeping the pain from everyone around her.

A beeping noise sou
  18. VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus

star 8
    Wonderful response to this challenge, Jaya! =D= This first sentence challenge has been a great idea, Twich!
  19. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Great Job jaya

I'm so excited! It's almost time for the next sentence, right?

Giving this an up because it's too good to get buried.

20. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Did I miss another sentence? oops. Please PM me what it is so I can write another 1 4 it! [face_dancing]

I [face_love] this challenge!
  21. Michelle_Solo Jedi Knight

Ooh! I wanna enter!

Courtney_Solo: OK, I know I'm responding to all your fics, but I hafta respond to other stuuf too! (j/k) I'm not ur clone, hehehe. ;)

Every1 else: I can't wait 4 more!!!

Michelle_Solo
  22. Michelle_Solo Jedi Knight

As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body and knew what he had to do. How should I start...

Licking his lips he tried to make the words come out, tried to tell her that it was going to be alright, tried to tell her that he loved her, but nothing came out.

She looked up at him with fear, a fear almost 30 years old. A fear that wouldn't have been there had it not been for those cursed snipers. When Mara had been only 5, her mother,brother,and sister had been killed by snipers that Palpatine had hired. She had hunted him down, and prepared to kill him, but Palpatine had better plans, and through cunning skill, for he knew the consequences if he failed, turned her towards the dark side. But the chanhe had not been permanent, and there she was now, standing before him, Luke Skywalker, the fear of a loved ones death creeping up from her past, as well as the water that seemed to be screaming their deaths.

"Mara, I... I..." She looked up at him trembling. he took her face once again into his loving,gentle grip and tilted her face towards his, and gave her a desparate, last, loving, deep kiss.

"Can you say it now?" she whispered once they broke apart, stroking his face with her still trembling hands, and he caught them with his.

"I love you." And then... he had an idea, one that might save their skins after all.
  23. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Licking his lips he tried to make the words come out, tried to tell her that it was going to be alright, tried to tell her that he loved her, but nothing came out.

[face_love] When I read that I spit Sunny Delight out my nose, so much for non-caffinated drinking! :D

24. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice Michelle

he took her face once again into his loving,gentle grip and tilted her face towards his, and gave her a desparate, last, loving, deep kiss.

Ooooh. Love mush. Just love it.

Good job.

25. Courtney_Solo Force Ghost

star 4
    Thnx! I try...

Courtney_Solo Here: btw... Michelle is over here @ my house, we're sharing right now... :D
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.