Beyond - Legends First Sentence Challenge! Post your fics here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    both of those were just WOW...

especially the later one, Cem's desires and reactions are just so...heartbreaking....

Great job as always=D=
  2. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks Kidan[:D]
  3. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was very plesently surprised to see that you are going to write more Cem fics. This is going to be my favorite series I can tell already.

He looked thoughtful. ?My face hurt, but I walk?d. I?m happy.?

I kissed his forehead. ?I?m happy too.?

He sighed. ?Not the same.?

?The same?? I asked, and then realized he meant the attention levels. When Wyn walked she had gotten showered with praise. When he did the same thing, he got nothing.

?Was it wrong??

I kissed him again. ?Wait for me next time,? I said. ?Wait until I can help you up when you fall.?

He smiled brightly at me. ?I did wait, Papa. You help me up.?

:_| That's so sad. I think I've fallen in love with Cem all over again.

Amazing job! I can't wait to see more of these.
  4. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Title: Reason for Hate
    Author: Kissa
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Timeframe: Post-DN
    Summary: Jag finds Jaina dying, but is it really her?
    Genre: Angst
    Notes: Written for the First Sentence Challenge

~~*~~

He ran as fast as he could, knowing even as he saw her crumpled on the floor that it was too late and the love of his life was about to expire in front of him. But as he approached she rose up, brandy brown eyes unfocused. With the back of her hand she wiped a trickle of blood from her mouth. She looked like deadly, with her dark traveling cloak in tatters around her slender body and her hair hanging in a knotted, bloody tangle down her back.

He came to a stop, searching desperately for any trace of the woman that he loved. The sweet innocence and exuberance that he had fallen for were gone: buried beneath the blood and memory of battle. As he watched her lips twisted into a feral snarl.

His heart thudding painfully he rushed toward her, feet pounding against the darken soil of the cave. She turned at the last second, spearing him with her suddenly too dark eyes. ?Jagged Fel . . . how quaint to find you here,? she said, her voice guttural and dark. She tilted her head to the side, spitting blood from her mouth. ?Have you come to say good-bye??

?Jaina ??

She laughed at him, the sound harsh and dangerous. ?Do you think begging will make me spare your life??

His cheek twitched, confusion burning through his veins. ?What happened to you?? he asked softly, reaching for her. ?What are you doing here?? He brushed past a low hanging tree root, ignoring the shower of earthy loam that crumbled loose.

She sneered at him. ?You would like to know, wouldn?t you.? She stalked forward, hips swaying with predatory grace ? but there was a disjointed quality to her motions. It was as if she were nothing more than a puppet being controlled by the unforgiving hand of fate.

He stepped toward her, refusing to be intimidated by the darkness flowing through her. ?You?re hurt. Whatever your feelings for me are, please allow me to ??

?Hate,? she hissed. ?I hate you.?

He nodded his head in acceptance of her words and maintained his composure. Inside he felt as if she had thrust her lightsaber through his heart. An unbelievable pain was flowing through his veins. Hate? How could she hate him when he loved her so much? And more importantly why?

Ever since he had offered to take her to meet his parents, she had been distant. It had been something that he had assumed she would grow out of, and he had waited patiently for three long years while she snubbed each and every attempt he made to communicate with her.

She laughed again. ?Isn?t it obvious? You took everything that I had the destroyed me. When you left . . .? But her voice trailed off and she vomited blood down the front of her tattered robes. ?When you left . . .? Her hand shot out, lightning fast, striking the side of his face in an openhanded slap that sent him sprawling.

He came to a single knee, staring at her. ?Let me help you,? he said, voice even. ?I don?t know what happened . . .?

In response she cupped her hands together, and the crackle of blue-white lightning was suddenly dancing between her palms. She flung the energy toward him, and instinctively he moved to the side, avoiding the blast.

His mind was in overdrive. Of all the places in the universe he hadn?t expected to find her after crash landing on an uncivilized planet. What was more than that, he hadn?t expected her to be hurt and hating him ? trying to kill him. And there was something surreal about her. She had never acted like this before, even during the height of the Killik War.

?I am the darkness you made me, Jag,? she hissed. ?When you left me for that blue-skinned wanna be dancing girl.? Tears threatened the darkness in her eyes, but she quickly banished them letting a fine, hot rage build in her gaze.

This Jag could hardly believe. ?Are you referr
  5. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    that was really great Kissa!

and quite an interesting situation that Mr. Fel found himself in....

so lets see, Jag crashed on TEnupe...an now he's crashed on DAgobah...methinks he needs to spend some more time in the sims...[face_laugh]

Anyways, great job on that one!
  6. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Wow that was a powerfull piece.

Yes . . .? she breathed. She gathered another burst of lightning between her fingers. ?But that?s not what I should have done. I should have killed you both the second I saw you ??
    If I saw my boyfriend doing that too I might consider doing the same thing. ;)

Very nice Job Kissa. As always, I joy reading your work.
  7. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks to the both of you. [:D]

I got a new entry . . .

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Title: Surprise Attack
    Characters: Jag, Jaina, attackers
    Timeframe: Post TUF, Au
    Summary: Jag is attacked in his sleep.
    Genre: Vignette

~~*~~

?The man is sleeping.?

?What about the woman??

?She doesn?t appear to be in the room.? There was a slight paused, and then the man added, ?We best make our move now.?

The first man nodded once. ?Whatever you do, don?t get caught.?

The second man snorted indignantly. ?Do you know how long I spent preparing for this? I?m not going to screw it up now.? He patted the barrel of his weapon affectionately, a wicked smile stretching across his face. ?Revenge is sweet.?

?Don?t let your thirst for revenge make you screw up. Complete your mission and whatever you do, don?t stop and gloat.?

The second man adopted a wounded look, sticking his bottom lip out in a childish impersonation of a pout. ?That hurt,? he said. Then he pulled a black mask over his face, slipping a pair of dark glasses over his eyes. ?I know better than to gloat.?

?Good luck then.? The first man slapped his partner of the back and then stepped out of the room, a bag full of bombs held in his left hand.

?Don?t you mean ? ?May the Force be with you??

?Yeah. Sure.?

~~*~~

Jagged Fel was asleep, his body clasped in the throes of a pleasant dream. Then a tingle shot up his spine. It was a feeling he recognized without effort, and before his mind was fully aware of what was happening, he had flung himself from the bed.

The distinctive discharge of a charric echoed through the room and he drew his own weapon, feeling what had to be a bolt of energy sizzle by his arm. Dropping to the floor, he fired under the bed at the booted feet of his assailant.

Unfortunately at the last second the attacker moved, cursing. ?Plan B!? he shouted. ?The target is armed and fabulous.?

The attacker raced out the door, slapping at the closing controls. ?Do you have the child?? he shouted.

From the floor, Jag felt a wave of absolute horror overcome his body. There was little doubt who the attacker meant when he said girl. His precious newborn daughter, Lily, had already been the target of three attempts. He had just gotten her back . . .

Rocketing to his feet, he shot toward the door, grabbing a second charric and his comlink. Switching it to his wife?s frequency he snapped, ?We have targets. They have Lily.?

Static met his ears. He keyed the comlink again, but his wife didn?t answer. A cold feeling in his stomach, he slapped the door open, plastering himself to the wall beside and firing out a few quick shots.

Then, when no return fire came, he peeked around, scanning the hall with pale green eyes.

Seeing no one, he raced down the hall, body tense for an attack. Reaching the study, he heard sounds of a fight. He could hear the hum of lightsabers crashing into each other and the wails of baby Lily.

Taking a deep breath, he opened the door, throwing himself in.

?Trigger the bombs!? he heard a man shout.

His heart shuddered as his eyes fell on several bombs scattered around the room. He took everything in, his mind refusing to put all the pieces together. There were too many people together who shouldn?t be in his house in the middle of the night.

And all of them had charrics pointed at him. ?Surprise, Jagged Fel,? the original shooter said. Then he pressed his finger down on a detonator.

An explosion of red, orange, and pink flashed from the bombs, and all the shooters opened fire at the same time. Before Jag had time to panic, his charric was jerked from his fingers via the Force and he was soaked while an explosion of voices cascaded around him.

He blinked, uncomprehending. Then the words made sense. ?Happy Birthday Jag
  8. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    :eek: OMW you got me so good. I really thought that it was an attack. I was just about as surprised as Jag when they said ?Happy Birthday Jagged! Rogue Squadron Style"

Very very good job =D=
  9. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks. I got my sisters when I read it to them too. :p
  10. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    Great post! Much love to the funny...:D

11. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks. [:D]
  12. Flowerlady Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_laugh]

Happy birthday Rogue Squadron style.....that is too funny...I can just imagine Jag's face....
    [face_laugh]
    Loved it, Kissa...

FL @};-
  13. Lola64 Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok. I should be caught up now on my Sentence Challenge reading. I hope.

Kissa: The Mysteries of Walking:

That was so beautiful. I loved how you've given us a good glimpse into the Fel household. And you actually got everyone about down to how I think they should be. Though 10 year old boys should not be mean to their blind siblings, I'm just saying. But the galaxy's not perfect, is it?

I wanted to cry for Cem when he didn't get the attention that Wyn got. But even if he wasn't blind Wyn would have got more. The youngest always do.

Reason for Hate:

That was great. I would have liked to see Shawnkyr's face though when Jag turned her down. Can you tell I'm not really a big fan of hers?

Surprise Attack:

OMG. That was too funny. Here I thought Jag was going to die and then it turned out to be the Rogues. Wew! You had me going there too.

Great job.

14. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks.[:D]

New Entry:

Title: To Oblivion
    Characters: Jag, Frombi
    Timeframe: Post DN
    Summary: Jag resigns from the CEDF
    Genre: Not pretty?

Returning from a well rested vacation, the squadron commander walked into his office, only to see that all hell had broken loose. In the middle of his office was a burning ring of fire with a black, black center which seemed to absorb all light. Standing around it, in various states of shock were a few silent Chiss.

?What is that?? he asked.

One of the Chiss stepped forward ? careful to avoid the burning circle. He snapped a sharp salute, a small tick to his cheek the only indication that he was concerned. ?Sir, we don?t know.?

Jag Fel suppressed the urge to sigh. It would figure that after such a long vacation ? especially one that went so right ? he would have to come back to this. ?How long has it been here for?? he asked, fishing for information while his brain tried to come up with an answer.

?Twenty-four hours, sir,? the Chiss answered.

?And you don?t know what it is??

The Chiss saluted again. ?Sir, I am disinclined to answer the same question ??

Jag ignored him. He circled around the burning portal until he reached his desk. Then, pulling a data pad from a desk drawer, he turned his attention back to the Chiss. ?What is the status of the investigation of that??

The Chiss gave him a tight-lipped smile. ?Sir, I?ve notified Aristocra Chaf?orm?bintrano of your return. The status is currently at standby, but shall most likely be altered now that you?ve returned.?

Jag raised a single eyebrow, but didn?t ask for more information. If Frombi was on his way, his role in the mystery circle would most likely be explained shortly. Instead, he started composing a letter on his datapad.

He had planned to take more time to think about how to phrase the letter and who exactly it would need to be turned into. But with Frombi coming, it would be simple to give it to him. And then . . .

He shook his head slightly, a small smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. Then he would go ? leave Chiss space. Go the republic. Marry Jaina Solo. He thought about their meeting on Bastian. They had both been out running and crashed into each other ? by accident. Somehow they had gotten to talking. Feelings had been rekindled. He?d asked her to marry him and she had said yes.

Hell, she?d even volunteered to come home with him. Although, considering her part in the Swarm War, that would not be possible. So he was going to her.

The door opened. ?Ah, Captain Fel.?

He turned, a frown gracing his features. ?Aristocra,? he said with a nod of his head. He took a digital pen and signed his name to the letter. Then, keeping a safe distance from the burning circle in his office, he crossed the room. ?I have news.?

Frombi gave him a tight smile. ?As do I,? he said with a smirk. ?I hate both you and your family.?

Jag frowned. ?Then you?ll be happy about this, Arist
  15. leiamoody Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa. :eek:

That Gate thing sounds...well, not much fun. (I don't read EU, so I don't know what the heck it is. Sorry).

Anyway, this is a very tight and well-written piece. It gets right to the tension, and the ending is something out of the Twilight Zone. Creepy. Very good work. :D
  16. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Glad you like it. But don't worry about not knowing what the gate was - I made it up for this fic. :p

Thanks for reading. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________-

New Entry:

Title: You Win Today
    Characters: Jaina, OC?s
    Timeframe: Post-DJ, AU
    Summary: Jaina senses Anakin and investigates
    Genre: Drama

When they arrived at the site, primitive weapons ready, the hunters realized that what they had thought was a falling star was actually not and they tensed, wondering who or what to expect next. Then, with a soft hiss of steam, a seam appeared and part of the star emerged like a tongue. Then, a small creature with dark hair staggered down the ramp. Spotting them, the alien raised one hand, trying to block out the glare of their torches.

?Gaba Freda si?? the closest of the hunters snarled.

The alien female tilted her head to the side, clearly not understanding. ?I?m looking for someone,? she said, her words completely unintelligible. ?His name is Anakin.?

One of the hunters grunted a soft, ?Hoku de Force,? and the others quickly seconded the noise. Of ?Anakin? they had heard of before. One of them crept forward, brandishing his spear in front of him. His sinewy forelegs brushed against the alien. ?Anakin,? he said. Then he poked the tip of her nose with his spear and jerked his head to the side.

The alien female swallowed hard, taking a step back. Her hand fell to a cylinder shaped weapon at her waist, and for one tense second, the gathered hunters feared that she would draw and attempt to rain death upon them. Then her hand fell away. She stepped away from the star, following the lead hunter.

For the next few days, they led the alien woman toward the cave. Upon arrival, they stopped walking, probing her forward.

?What is this?? she asked, brow furrowing. ?Is Anakin in there?? She turned her brandy colored eyes toward the jagged cave opening. Once more her hand fell to her strange weapon. Then, she took a single step beyond the dead zone.

With a collective gasp, the hunters drew back, murmuring amongst themselves. The last who had crossed the line was still visible. They could just make out the yellowing glint of his broken bones mingled with the tatters of his clothing.

?Anakin!? one declared, pointing to the cave. Instinctively he formed the word that the alien female could understand. Some words were the same in every language: death.

She looked back, her eyes wide. ?Anakin is in there?? There was something to her voice, a desperation that was normally only heard in the windows of warriors who had passed away without leaving remains.

She turned back to the cave. Steps quick, but hesitant, she moved forward. Then, a cool breeze rose. She stopped again, rubbing her arms.

?Tara de karabinau,? one of the hunters whispered. Turn back before it is too late!

She looked back. ?I can?t,? she whispered, her words alien, but the meaning clear. ?He?s my younger brother. For years we thought he was dead.? She shuddered under the cool darkness drifting mist-like from the cave. ?When I sensed him . . .?

?Soro!?

She turned back to the cave and ran the last few seconds. The black mist curled around her feet, clinging to her and stripping away the most basic of her strengths.

?Soro!? the hunter hissed again. His forked tongue flickered from his beaked mouth and he shook his head. They had never imagined that the alien wanted to confront the beastly abomination.

She seemed to be beyond hearing. S
  17. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    again, those where both great viggies....

really great job on them both!
  18. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks.[:D]
  19. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Title: Beautiful in Love
    Characters: Jaina, Jag
    Timeframe: LOTF era
    Summary: Jaina has a baby and calls the father
    Genre: Mush, Romance
    Notes: Written for the First Sentence Challenge?s bonus Mother?s Day Sentence. No spoilers because it?s all Au.:)

~~*~~

Once the bundle was placed into her arms, all the fears and doubts about motherhood faded and in their places settled an overwhelming love that she realized had been there since the discovery of the precious life inside her. With a single, trembling breath to back her up, she punched in the father?s com number. She was aware that not much had changed since the last time she had seen him ? and most likely, he still hated her guts.

It had been a moment of weakness ? a blind passion that had overwhelmed both of them upon meeting again. It had been seven years since they had spoken and even longer since they had touched. They had come together with the desperation of drowning people.

And in the morning, she had woken up alone. Well, not alone. There had been a spark of life in her womb. A spark that had grown over the course of nine months, three days, and thirteen hours into the fuzzy haired baby girl she now held.

A lonely tone sounded as his com began to ring. Then he answered, voice crisp and precise in spite of the hellish hour. ?This is Captain Jagged Fel.?

His voice sent a shiver down her spine, and she licked her lips ? not nervous but exhilarated. ?Jag, it?s me, Jaina.? She smiled then, watching as their daughter looked up at her with silent, big green eyes. She put a hand over her mouth, covering an amazed laugh as the baby?s tiny hand clasped hers. ?I ??

?I don?t want to talk with you,? Jag said flatly.

?Turn on a holo-feed,? she said, completely missing his cold tones. ?You?ve got to see this.?

?I don?t want to see you,? he added, voice getting colder.

?Not me. Her.?

?Her??

Jaina?s eyes misted slightly. ?She?s beautiful. The most beautiful thing I?ve ever seen.? She sniffed, wiping her tears away.

?Who?s beautiful ??

?She is ??

?Who is she?? Jag snapped. ?A name.?

Jaina finally looked up from her daughter?s face. ?I?m not sure yet, Jag,? she said, voice soft. ?And even if you still hate me, turn your holo projector on. I want you to see her.?

?I won?t turn it on,? Jag said darkly. ?And I still hate . . .? But his voice trailed off as he quietly flicked his holo-projector on. Jaina appeared instantly. She was sitting on a hospital bed, wearing a frumpy tee-shirt, her hair in a damp and frizzy tangle and pulled back into a low ponytail. In her arms she held a white bundle, and all of her attention was directed to it.

Her face was brilliant, shining with happiness and light. Shining with love. Her felt his throat tighten in longing to have that look turned to him, but she seemed to be stuck on the bundle of cloth.

Then she looked up. Her brandy brown eye were full of love and . . . forgiveness, with just a hint of sorrow. ?It?s all right, Jag,? she said. ?I made a lot of really, really bad choices.? She smiled ruefully. ?But this will never be one of them.?

?It?s not all right ??

She looked back down and then up again. ?She?s ours,? she said softly, stealing his words, his breath, and his heart at once. ?We created her.? She shifted the bundle so he could see a tiny pink face with green, green eyes staring at him. ?Please turn your projector on. You have to see ??

?It?s on,? he said, voice suddenly dry. He flicked a switch that allowed his image to be broadcasted back. ?When did this happen? Why didn?t you tell me??

?I woke up alone . . . and pregnant on Corellia,? Jaina said. ?I got scarred. I kept thinking that if you knew you?d take her away from me ? or kill us both. Or . . .? She shook her head, laughing. ?It was stupid really. Illogical.?

Jag felt his lips part and realized he had licked them nervously. ?Jaina ??

?I know
  20. princess_melissa Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Very nice job on this one too.

I loved the way jag was debating with himself if he should go in or not and knowing that if he goes in, he would be with Jaina. Very nice introspective moment.

Keep up the good writing (and one of these days I will catch up completly on Warped... [face_worried] hopefully)
  21. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Thanks! [:D]Princess_melissa

22. JediAelinwen Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Title: The Morning After 2
    Author: JediAelinwen
    Characters: Kyp, Jaina, Jag, Tahiri, Jacen, Danni and Luke
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Summary: What to do after the morning after?

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way -- in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

Jaina stared at the passage she had just read.

?Actually my present is more like: ?It was the best of times, it is the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it is the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it is the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it is the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it is the winter of despair, I had everything before me, I have nothing before me, I was going directly to Heaven, I am going directly the other way.??

She tossed the book, of which she had only read that first paragraph, ignoring the thump it made as it hit the wall, and flopped back on her bed.

It had been over two weeks since she had woken up with Him in His bed and things had gone from bad to worse.

She and Jag still shared quarters and slept in the same bed, but they might as well have been in separate universes.

They hadn?t touched each other since the party, they barely spoke two words to each other at a time, and they never looked each other in the eye.

Guilt bore down on her heavily.

It didn?t make it any better that He couldn?t even be in the same room with her, not that she could. She was pretty sure that the only reason He was still on the planet was because His job was here now with the Council. Truth be told, for all of the awkwardness, she couldn?t bear the thought of Him leaving.

She rolled over onto her side, allowing her legs to curl up to her chest. Her head rested on one arm while the other wrapped loosely around her waist.

She had tried not to think about it, but she couldn?t forget what memories she had of that night.

Her mind drifted to those memories.

?Stop it!? she snapped. ?You?re with Jag! He cares about you and you betrayed him! You shouldn?t be thinking about these things when you have hurt Jag so much already!?

She sighed and rolled over onto her other side, both of her arms hugging herself.

It wasn?t just her; she could sense a distance in Jag that made her wonder if he knew what she had done.

She hugged her arms tighter.

She wished she could have her life back to what it was before: her and Jag together, and Him as her best friend and confidant again.

That?s what she wished. . .

So why did that feel like a lie?

~8~

Tahiri had buried herself in any job, small or large, that came her way, counting the minutes before the next transport out to Zonama Sekot, which wasn?t for another week.

She had been avoiding Jaina and Him like a plague.

Actually she probably avoided them more than she did a plague.

Kyp had become more or less her only companion; he seemed worried about her, but didn?t press matters; she guessed that he was waiting for her to tell him what was up.

She allowed her mind to marvel over the changes in the rogue Jedi Master since the beginning of the war and how he was so much more patient and. . .something. Though lately she had detected some distance in him.

?Ok, that kept my mind off of Him for about. . .ten nanoseconds.?

She sighed, closed her eyes and allowed her head to fall back and none-too-lightly bang against the wall she was sitting with her back against.

She used the slight pain to help distract
  23. Kissa Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Nice use of the sentence JediAelinwen

There was a lot going on and I can't wait to see what you come up with next.:)
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Title: Retaliation
    Characters: Wedge, Wes, female Jedi
    Summary: Wedge Antillis finally gets back at Wes for all the ewok jokes.
    Genre: Romance, humor. AU
    Notes: Written for Crack Ships! Roulette
    Couple [highlight=black]Saba Sebatyne / Wes Janson[/hl]
    Notes: Written in conjunction with the First Sentence Challenge

~~*~~

As the unofficial holiday neared, the likeliest suspect for tomfoolery and games made assurances that everything would be fine and then prepared to check off each victim?s name as they heard those famous words, ?Happy Fools Day. But unbeknownst to Wes, this year wasn?t going to go exactly like he had planned it. This year I wasn?t going to suffer through countless Ewok jokes. This year I had a plan.

I started by calling in a favor Corran Horn owed me. And he, in turn, called in a favor he owed with an adult, female Jedi. Once I was in contact with the woman I explained what I wanted to happen, and she laughingly agreed to help.

I approached Wes with my best blank face on. ?Janson, I need you to pick me up something.? Then, once I had his attention, I lowered my voice dramatically and looked around for anyone who might be listening. ?It?s at the Ewok Bar . . .?

I saw a light sparkle through his eyes and barely managed to suppress a grin. He was a little bit predictable when it came to his favorite jokes.

?Sure, Wedge, anything I can do to help,? he said easily.

?I ordered a special type of brandy from the bar,? I told him. ?I just need you to pick it up for me. The bartender will ask you for a password: it?s ?yub-yub??

His grin expanded from his eyes to his mouth. ?Sure thing, Wedge,? he said. Then he left with a wink.

I left too. I reached my observation room ten minutes before he entered the bar. With bated breath I watched him approach the counter and slip onto a swivel stool. With the audio pick-up I heard him start to speak.

?I?m here to pick up a package for Wedge Antillis.?

The Jedi ? disguised as the barmaid ? gave him a stern look. ?Iz that a fact?? she asked, her voice hissing between her pointed teeth.

Wes was, as usual, unperturbed. ?That is a fact,? he said, spinning small half-circles on his bar stool. ?I was told that there is a password.?

?Pazword?? the Jedi asked. She flicked her tongue from between her pebbly lips. ?And what iz this pazword??

?Yub, yub.?

She rocked back, tail twitching. From where I was watching, I could see the amusement rolling off of her. ?Yub, yub?? she inquired. She reached one clawed hand across the counter, catching his lightly. ?Are you sure thatz the correct pazword??

Wes only smiled and nodded.

?Then you are the man Wedge Antilliz haz sent for me??

?I?m the man,? Wes agreed.

She hissed in laughter. ?I had imaged that someone taller would be coming. But I suppose that you will do.?

?Do?? Wes asked, getting the first hints that something wasn?t quite right with the situation.

?Yes,? the Jedi answered. Then, with a nimble leap, she hopped over the counter, landing lightly beside him. ?You will be my mate. Az promised.?

?Whoa!? Wes said, suddenly standing with his hands held out lightly in front of him. ?Let?s talk about this ??

?It waz already discussed,? the Jedi said. She took his hands into her claws and led him forward to a section of the bar that had been set up to resemble a wedding chapel. ?Witnesses,? she called out.

From various corners of the bar, the patrons abandoned their drinks and took seats facing the alter.

Wes ? looking more alarmed by the second ? was led down the aisle to where a cloaked man was standing. The man looked between the two of them. ?Is this to be your mate?? he asked.

?Yez.?

?Hold
  24. leiamoody Jedi Master

star 4
    Title: The Best of Pie, The Worst of Wine

Author: leiamoody

Characters: OC's (Nalieza, Josym, Meaithe, Civriel)

Timeframe: Several months after ROTJ

Summary: Nalieza does a monologue, Josym eats some pie, Meaithe and Civriel get stuck ordering dinner.

Genre: Fluff piece? Cheap attempt at character development? Potshot at Charles
    Dickens? Call it what you want.

Notes: This is my rather twisted take on "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." sentence. But I broke it down, very much like I did with the sentence in Surprise Is Everything. So you aren't getting the entire sentence right up front. But it's my chance to take a butchering at Dickens. :p

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was the best of times. It was the worst of times." Nalieza took in a breath, and then slapped her hand on the table. "Neff, that's not good enough!"

From across the table, Josym said, "Then stop saying the damned monologue over and over. That's the fourth time tonight you've tried running through it." He pushed a menu card across to her. "Here, take a look at the specials. Better reading than some lines from a dusty old play."

She took the card. "Dusty those lines might be, but I have to be ready to dazzle a drama class with them in less than two days."

"Give yourself a break, at least for tonight," Meaithe said, reaching across the table to take another menu card from Josym.

"That's easy for you to say. But you aren't trying to overcome a bad reputation from appearing on a romdram as a kid."

Josym almost responded, but was interrupted by the presence of Civriel returning to the table with a small platter in his left hand. "Zazi gave us this for now. At least until the dinner rush has died down," he said, moving behind Josym's chair to get to his own seat. He placed the platter on the table. "He apologized for the long wait. But as you can tell, things are rather busy at the moment."

Which was true...their favored eating spot was more crowded than usual. But it was to be expected, given the recent increase of refugees from Alderaan coming to live on the planet in the months after the Imperial whacking at Endor. And since Zazi's was already one of the most popular restaurants on the Ilo, it made sense there would be an hour long wait just to get a table, even with a reservation. At least they were fortunate enough to get in just before the line started forming out the front door and down the sidewalk...which meant they got a table rather quickly. But that had been forty minutes ago. No waitdroid had come around to take their order so far. In the meantime, to stave off hunger and boredom, the foursome resorted to unfolding the napkins, using the forks and spoons to engage in utensil duels, and then finally taking off one at a time out the glass doors in the back to stand out on the veranda.

But at least for now, they were blessed with a menthe pie to keep their attention and stomachs occupied.

Josym picked up his knife and plunged it into the pie with a quick push.

"What did that poor innocent pie do to you?" Meaithe asked.

He looked up. "Sorry, but I'm hungry. This pie gave its life so that we may eat of it." Then he continued carving into the pie, until ten small slices emerged from one large light green circle of pastry. "There. The pie is now transformed," he said, tucking his knife under one piece and placing it on his bread plate. Then he said to Nalieza, "Your turn."

She waved him off. "I can't."

Josym gave her a stern look. "You need to eat, girl."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"You know I can't eat on a nervous stomach."

Josym put his knife down. "Okay, lecture time. " He pushed the platter over towards Civriel. "You're in charge of the pie till I get back." Then he stood up, and pointed to Nalieza. "You, outside. Now."

She looked up at him. "Are you serious?"

He stared at her and said nothing.

Nalieza sighed, then got up. "Can one of you order the tonur steak
  25. Lola64 Jedi Master

star 4
    I know that I read most of these and yet I fail to see responses from me. *shakes head in disbelief*

So let me correct that now.

JediAelinwen: The Morning After 2

Ok, should I need to remind them that they are all adults here? You?re story is turning into Melrose Place. (showing my age here)

At least Jacen and Danni are on track. But what exactly is going to happen tonight? Can?t wait to see them all together feeling awkward.

Kissa: Retaliation

I have never read anything so funny in my life. Wes and Saba. OMG. [face_laugh]

He shook his head. ?I suppose I had that coming,? he said ruefully. ?Nice joke, Wedge.?

?Thiz is no joke,? Saba said, picking him up. She nodded her head to me. ?I?ll take him to my room now. Although to actually get children, we may have to adopt.?

Poor Wes. Not! [face_laugh]

Leiamoody: The Best of Pie, The Worst of Wine

Great job. You?re OC?s are very realistic. I like that it was a bunch of friends hanging out at dinner, one helping the other.

At that moment, Meaithe stepped out from the restaurant onto the veranda. "Dinner's about to be served."

Josym clapped his hands together. "The evening gets better!"

Meaithe leaned against the wall. "You might not think that after I tell you about the wine situation." She frowned. "They're out of Linita. Actually, they're out of everything except for the wine special."

"And what's the special?" Nalieza asked.

Josym cleared his throat. "Ghirmal. One of those nasty kinds from the hothouses."

He sighed. "It was the best of pie. It was the worst of wine."

Josym is just too funny.[face_laugh] I just love guys like that. Is there more of your OC?s somewhere? I?d really like to continue reading about them.

Oh and if I didn?t mention it yet, great job to everyone. =D=
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.