main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends First Sentence Challenge! Post your fics here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Call this one the small sequel to "Lost And Found". Because it is, to be honest.

Title: A Night Visitor

Author: leiamoody

Characters: Meaithe, Chevor (both AU OC?s)

Timeframe: Eight days after ?Lost and Found? (posted above); specifically, three months after ROTJ

Summary: A Jedi from the olden days comes to shed some light on an ancient Jedi artifact.

Note: The poem quoted in this piece actually comes from The Star Wars Rules Companion by Greg Gordon, published by West End Games in 1989.

?The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.? The deep male voice came across the room to her from the bedroom door. For Meaithe, an odd person, female or male, popping into her bedroom in the middle of the night through a closed door was a relatively common occurrence. Given the fact they were always dead people, it made the entire notion of solid matter rather pointless.

But this tall man with a quick smile wasn?t one of her familiar visitors. Yet the statement he had just uttered sounded familiar...

?The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with perfect ambition,? the man said again. ?Particularly if you?re working like mad to unravel a puzzle placed before you. You can work on the thing as long as you want, but if the powers of the universe don?t want you to solve it, then you won?t.?

She stared at him. There was a familiar tingling in the air, one which came with the presence of a Force sensitive like herself. And the peculiar blue glow around the ghost was another clue to his identity.

?You?re one of Aduman?s boyos, then? He said to expect a visit sooner or later.?

The strange ghost bowed from the waist. ?Chevor Mikayzd at your service.?

So this was one of Aduman?s former padawans. He?d mentioned him on several occasions, but this was the first time she had met him in the flesh/unflesh.

?So this book brings you to my humble dwelling,? she said, glancing around at her small bedroom. Then she picked up the artifact she had found in the library eight days earlier from her bedside table.

?There were many dreadful nights I stayed up attempting to make some kind of sense out of those characters. I was set to the task by Master Aduman as part of my trials to become a Knight. And I imagine you?ve had little success in accessing the book?s secrets.?

This was true. So far, it had been a futile effort to find a way to translate the red and black ink pages of text contained in the book. The script was a true antique, definitely dating from the pre-pre-pre-pre and so forth Republic era, back in the days when the galaxy was just beginning to become unified. So there wasn?t yet one common language to keep proper records that could easily be read by everyone. She had scanned some of the characters into one of the library databases at the university, and found no match. Not even the possible lead given to her by Nalieza?s father to one of his colleagues at the Society for the Preservation of Ancient Languages on Pelooine yielded any results.

Meaithe placed the book on her bed coverlet. ?Did you ever have any luck in translating what?s inside??

?There is no such thing as luck. Only fortunate circumstances.? Chevor shrugged. ?I did managed to get a little bit translated. Even after I passed the trials, I still spent several more years attempting to wrap my head around it. By the time of my first death, I had about one hundred pages roughly translated and properly transcribed into Aurabesh.?

?How did you accomplish that much??

?Force trances are a wonderful learning resource.? Chevor pointed at the edge of the bed. ?May I sit down? This is going to take some time.?

Meaithe picked up the book and placed it in her lap. ?Ghosts generally don?t need to sit down.?

Chevor took the few steps from the door to the bed. ?It?s far too ridiculous to hold this conversation with one of us standing. I prefer equality when and where it can be found.?

?You were among the living so much that you got used to certain things,? Meaithe observed.

2. Courtneys_Library

Courtneys_Library Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2006
    Oh, goodness, it's like coming home!
    Hey, y'all! It's Courtney_Solo in her sock. (But that's beyond obvious.)
    Just wanted to say that I'm really enjoying all these entries.
    I think I'll come back and try a sentence or two. :)

C @};- S

3. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    *walks in with a depressed slump of the shoulders*

I have given up on catching up on the sentence challenge. I'm probably never going to finish the Jadyn saga, *sob* so I've decided to let the tide take me where it will, and post whatever comes to mind from this new sentence...

I will hopefully be posting it momentarily.

The Dark One

4. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    At what should have been a festive celebration of a most beloved leader, a small group of citizens commemorated His naming day with an act of war against the planet thought responsible for his death.

This caused a war.

The war was carried to all twelve planets in the system, draining resources, killing people, and lasting for dozens of years?.

~~~

Sefli ducked behind a burning building, holding her blaster close to her body. The bombs had gone off through the city exactly as planned, and the troops on site were currently mopping up the remnant of the traitors. Sefli was one of the troopers. She lifted her wrist and spoke quietly into her comm. ?Square seventeen is clear. AR-778 moving on to square eighteen.?

?Affirmative.? Commander Homin replied. ?Keep an eye out for ambushes. We?ve lost RR-264 and AR-482 to them already.?

?Affirmative, Command.? Sefli turned to the troops behind her. ?Did you hear that? Keep a sharp eye out.?

The group nodded in reply, and Sefli silently led them through the twisted metal remains, on to square eighteen.

~~~

Ril crouched next to the corner of the smoldering duracrete, and slowly peeked around the edge. Shapes were moving in the distance, shapes that were clad in Homin purple.

He looked back, and in a series of hand signals, let the rest of his resistance know what was happening. They immediately came to attention, moving swiftly into their designated ambush spots. This was a drill they had performed many times over the past years.

Ril listened carefully for the nearly silent steps of the trained Homin troopers. They were well stocked and well prepared. The attack had come out of nowhere and the people of the city of Grisz were taken completely by surprise. The now-underground of Grisz were ill-equipped for such a battle. The past battles had left the planet in worse condition than most of the others in the system, making it a prime target for more attacks, which just continued a vicious cycle.

The Homin troops came around the final corner of the building, and fire was opened upon them immediately. However, the troops, as stated before, were well-prepared, and were able to take out several of Ril?s group before?.

~~~

Commander Homin looked distastefully down at the ruined city, glad that he would soon be rid of the business. ?Fire when ready.? he proclaimed.

The huge destroyer opened fire on the planet, melting the remains of the city into steaming slag, killing the entire troop of AR-778, as well as the resistance, and any other Homin troops that did not receive orders to evacuate.

And that was the end of that.

~~~

Well, what did you think?

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I'm so sorry I missed this Dark One.

So it looks like you've left Jayden alone for a bit but your evil is continuing. And you've moved on to group killings I see. Is there no end to your reign of terror? :p

Good job with the sentence.

6. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    Lola64 Lola! *huggle/tackle* missed you!!!

I'm so sorry I missed this Dark One. But you didn't miss it. You posted on it and everything! :p

So it looks like you've left Jayden alone for a bit but your evil is continuing. And you've moved on to group killings I see. Is there no end to your reign of terror? Well, nothing automatically came to mind about the sentence Jadyn-wise, and plus, all my notes for her are on my non-internet-access compie. But I was writing, and couldn't think how to end it. So I just killed everybody. Well, almost.[face_whistling]

Good job with the sentence. [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.