main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends First Sentence Challenge! Post your fics here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Thank You! :D I had fun. ;)

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Nice job Courtney

"Mwahahaha."

"ANAKIN THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!!"

Yes it is. [face_laugh]

3. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    :D SEND ME MORE FIRST SENTENCES!!! please... ;)

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ok... here is Part II. :D

Exchanging Places

Two

What a weird dream, Han mused through a sleep-muddled haze. Lightsabers? Lightning shooting out of fingers? X-Wings? Turning over, he reached for his wife, running his hand up and down her spine. He heard her murmur, and turn toward him.

?Morning, my love,? she whispered softly.

That gave Han pause. My love? Not one of Leia?s usual terms of endearment, since she was more inclined to call him ?scruffy? or ?nerf?, and if she was in a really good mood, ?darling?. ?Good morning, sweetheart.? He opened one eye, looking at the spray of red hair next to his face. RED hair? Startled, he sat up, wondering when she found the time to dye her hair. ?Leia??

?LEIA?!? Mara Jade spun around, her green eyes flashing in anger. ?How long is it going to take before you get over your infatuation with your sister, Skywalker??

?Sister?? Han pushed back the covers, scrambling out of the bed. Luke and Mara?s bed! And he was wearing nothing except some stranger?s shorts, with little red hearts printed on them. How in the seven Hells of Corellia did he wind up in bed with Jade? Leia was going to kill him. Luke was going to kill him. Kest, everyone was going to kill him!

?What?s the matter with you?? Mara snapped out. ?Waking up and calling me Leia, of all things! How dare you??

?How did I get here? It?s not my fault! What happened to Luke?? The questions came out of his mouth rapid-fire, his eyes wide with fear. ?Don?t kill me, Jade?. I?m sure I can explain this. Somehow. Maybe??

Mara sat up. ?Have you lost your mind??

?Apparently.?

?Luke? do you need a doctor??

?Luke??

Slowly, Mara got up and approached him, her face wary. ?Yes. Luke. That?s your name.?

?Since when? Last time I checked, my name was Han Solo.?

That comment made her laugh. ?Is this some weird Tatooine holiday, where people play jokes on each other??

?How would I know?? He ran his hand through his hair, and his eyes drifted over to the mirror over the bedroom dresser. ?LUKE!? He spun around, looking behind him, then slowly turned back to the mirror. ?I?m? I?m Luke!??

?I thought I already said that,? Mara groused out.

?It?s not possible,? Han mumbled, unable to tear his (Luke?s, actually) eyes off the mirror. ?I must be having some really strange nightmare.?

?So, waking up with me, your WIFE, constitutes a nightmare??

?You're not my wife! Leia?s my wife!?

Now truly worried for her husband?s sanity, Mara reached out with the Force, and staggered backwards in shock. ?You?re not Luke!? She reached down, and grabbed the blanket off the bed, covering up her nightshirt.

?I told you so,? Han replied a bit smugly, while wondering if death by lightsaber was painful.

?What have you done with Luke?? Mara yelled.

?ME?? Han pointed his finger (Luke?s, really) at ?his? chest. ?Why are you assuming this is my fault? I?m not the one with the hocus-pocus abilities. All I know is I went to sleep with Leia and woke up in Luke?s body next to a dangerous female with a shorter temper than snitz-weasel.?

?Are you comparing me to a weasel??

?Well, they are red,? Han pointed out.

?I should kill you for touching me!?

?I thought you were Leia!? Han defended himself. ?Sides, wouldn?t you be killing Luke, too? Technically??

?Rodders,? Mara muttered. ?I hate it when you?re right, Solo.?

After a moment?s silence, Han asked, ?Can you use your Force to tell what happened to Luke??

Mara shut her eyes briefly, reaching out to sense her husband. A slight shudder passed through her as she sat down heavily on the edge of the bed. ?He?s coming. But??

?But, what??

?He couldn?t sense me ?calling? him. I don?t think he can feel the Force anymore!?

5. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    [face_laugh] That was interesting! :D *smirk*

6. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Title: A Hand No More {VERY SHORT}

The stench of garbage filled her nose as she scraped and crawled her way along the path and for a brief moment, she wondered if this was where she would die.

No, I won't die. She looked back behind her to see if they were following, and they were.

"Blast it,Charim! Why don't you go back to your precious empire and leave me alone!" I screamed at him, trying to keep Luke within my sight. He had assumed I could keep up with him, gah. Well, I couldn't be mad at a wrong assumtion. I guess.

"The empire is dead, remember!? All I ever wanted to do was see you again, to tell you thank you. Joining the empire was a way to see you. But then the empire treated me more kindly than-"

"-the empire is NOT the way to happiness! I almost realized it too late, but you...you ARE to late." She whipped around drew her blaster and fired. No more Charim.

"Luke, wait up!" He waited for her, and she didn't look back.

7. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Ponytricks has continued=D=

?LEIA?!? Mara Jade spun around, her green eyes flashing in anger. ?How long is it going to take before you get over your infatuation with your sister, Skywalker?? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Apparently never [face_laugh]

?Why are you assuming this is my fault? I?m not the one with the hocus-pocus abilities."

Yeah, why are you picking on the normal guy Jade?

?He couldn?t sense me ?calling? him. I don?t think he can feel the Force anymore!?

Arrrgh. Poor Luke.

Wait till Han finds out in Luke's body he can finally know what it feels like to be almost everyone he knows, A Jedi.

8. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Oh No! Don't tell me Han is Force-sensitive now?!? Sabaac players everywhere be warned! If Lando though losing the The Falcon
    was bad....:D

And poor Luke, if they ever get back, you think Han will let him live down heart covered boxers?

Mara took it surprisingly well, surprised she did't club him first, ask questions later. (I guess nothing really surprises her anymore)

Don't leave us hanging too long PonyTricks!

9. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Courtney_Solo - Muahhaha! I hope it gets even stranger.

Lola64 - Yup! Han's going to be in for a bigger surprise than even this is! :D

correllian_ale - Hehe. Can you just see Luke wearing heart-covered boxers? :p

Now. Because this story MAY get rather long, I've decided to start it over in a new thread. I hope that's ok, but it will be less confusing that way, since it's not a one-poster. :)

Hope to see you there for Chapter 3!

10. Beautiful_Soul

Beautiful_Soul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    This is my first attempt at a First Sentence Challenge, I hope it's not too long. Thanks!

He awoke drenched in sweat with his heart racing and his eyes refusing to focus and the only thing he could think was, [i]Tell me this is not happening.[/i] It had to be a dream. [i]No,[/i] he thought, [i]a nightmare[/i]. She wasn?t dead, and he hadn?t killed her; he hadn?t killed them all. Please let it be a dream he thought as he tried to clear his vision, the lights in the room harsh and unforgiving. Slowly he felt his eyes adjusting and he looked around, noticing for the first time the medical equipment stacked around him and the broken down, used condition of it all. As his eyesight returned so did the rest of his senses and his eyes widened as felt the unmistakable presence of a breathing tube in his nose. He followed the tube to a respirator and as his senses returned he could hear the pulse/hiss of the machine breathing for him. He sat up, meaning to swing his legs off the bunk he was lying on when he realized he had no legs. They were gone below the knees. This realization drove a stake of fear through him, and he tried to speak but no sound would form and his mouth worked soundlessly. He turned his head as he heard footsteps approaching, and as a young man entered the room, he felt the comfortable, familiar sensation of The Force.

?Father, you?re awake.? The young man spoke to him, approaching and fiddling with some of the controls of the respirator. ?Lye down, you need to rest.?

He obeyed, still confused about where, and when, he was. He recognized this young man, but wasn?t sure why. ?Where am I?? He asked, finally finding his voice.

The young man looked at him, confused. ?You don?t remember what happened??

He shook his head, ?The last thing I clearly remember was laying on the dusty banks of Mustafar?everything since then is a mess of blank spaces and jumbled images and I can?t tell what?s real or not.?

The young man?s eyes widened. ?Mustafar? That was almost thirty years ago. Are you saying you don?t remember the last thirty years??

Again he shook his head, [i]had it really been thirty years?[/i] ?I remember dueling with Obi-Wan, I was so angry,? his voice caught as he remembered. ?I remember Padmé??

?Padmé?? The young man questioned, prompting him for more.

?Padmé, my wife. I?I choked her,? he turned his head away from the young man, ashamed. He looked at the wall, counting the chips in the paint. ?She died.?

?Padmé,? the young man spoke her name softly, like he was testing how it sounded.

At hearing her name spoken with such care and affection, he turned his head back to the young man. ?I know you. You are someone to me, who??

?I?m Luke Skywalker, I?m your son,? the young man said. ?To answer your first question, we are on a Mon Calamari ship, in the medical bay. When you threw The Emperor?s into the chasm his Force Lightening shorted out your life support system. You were dying. After the Death Star exploded I brought you here. We were just in time and they were able to save you.?

As Luke spoke of the events, they replayed in his head, as if a curtain had pulled back revealing everything in his past he couldn?t remember. ?Anakin,? he whispered.

?What??

?My name was?is?Anakin,? he turned to look at his son, who was nodding in confirmation. ?You [i]are[/i] my son; I can feel it through the Force,? he paused as if listening to a voice that wasn?t there. ?There?s another,? he said suddenly, raising his head expectantly, looking for someone.

?Leia. We?re twins.?

?Yes, I remember now. Obi-Wan was wise to hide you from me. I don?t know what I would have done had I known you?d survived your mother. What the Emperor would have done.?

?It doesn?t matter now, Father. You?re saved, and you saved me. The Emperor is dead.?

He felt a detached surge of anger, but it faded almost as soon as he realized it was there. ?I had been deceived by a lie, by many lies; by deception and manipulation. And Padmé died because of me.?

11. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Welcome Beautiful_Soul and great job.

I would have liked to see Vader be saved at Endor. Nice to see him say he was sorry at the end. That was such a touching moment.:)

and feel free to give the other sentences a try. They never expire. :D

12. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Bravo Beautiful_Soul!

A very touching scene. =D=

I agree...try one of the others, when at first you do succede....post, post again!

13. PonyTricks

Jul 25, 2003
    Nice job with this Vader/Anakin story! =D=

14. Beautiful_Soul

Beautiful_Soul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    Thanks for the words of encouragement, everyone! I will give another sentence a try! [face_blush]

15. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    PonyTricks - I am loving this! Can't wait for the next post!

Courtney - :eek: Isn't Charim one of your OCs from the Early Life of Mara Jade?!!? I liked him!

and:
    "Mwahahaha."

"ANAKIN THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!!"

I am embarrassed at how long it took me to get that but once I finally did...[face_laugh]

Beautiful_Soul - Ah. What could have been... that was a really neat scene. Thank you.

16. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Zonoma: Yup, Charim is one of my OC's, but I had to use SOMEONE from my version, I couldn't risk hurting Luke. :D ;)

As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality.

"Tahiri?"

"If you don't stop waking me up, Jaina Veila won't ever stop crying."

"I just had a dream."

"And it wasn't a nightmare? Ooh,you're getting lucky, I just had a nightmare that Kyp and Danni came back early and found their little daughter was One Year old instead of 3 weeks."

Anakin didn't look away from Tahiri's face, little Jaina Veila Durron was asleep on Tahiri's chest, Tahiri HAD been asleep on his shoulder, and he had been trying to finish watching 'The Little Lost Bantha Cub' without smirking.

"Tahiri, in my dream, you...you were holding a baby and were watching me. You ignited your lightsaber and changed into some horrible creature."

"-well, I hope you don't think me as 'some horrible creature'-"

"-I don't. But anyways, then another one of you showed up holding a different baby accusing the other of being a 'ripoff artist' or something."

"That sounds amusing. Anakin just hold Veila while I go look for a 'fresher." Tahiri walked off leaving little Veila in Anakin's hands. He heard Tahiri laughing so loud Veila too started giggling.

"OK,Veila,you got me. I think it was just a dream." I hope...

17. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    spooky.[face_worried]

18. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Awwww...Geez. [face_blush] If you think THAT'S spooky just wait and read the upcoming scene's on Mara Jade's Early Life. :D ;)

19. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    :oops:I need to catch up there, I'll admit. I was trying to meet a deadline when your last PM came.

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Kidding, but I seriously think that Fic is spooky. JMO tho. :D

21. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    GAH! I NEED A NEW SENTENCE TWICH!!!! :D

22. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Title: The Nightmare
    Character: Jadyn
    Timeframe: after the Vong have been defeated

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her.

"It's only a nightmare, it's only a nightmare." she repeated under her breath, over and over again. "It's only a nightmare."

Only this time it wasn't, not really. It felt real, there was no escape. She couldn't scream and hope that her brother would wake her up before she was killed again.

Her stick, her weapon, was clutched in a death grip. A flimsy weapon against the blasters, and laser canons that surrounded her.

"I have to find the key. I have to find the door. I have to escape."

Somehow she knew, if she could find the key, could find the door, she would escape. Her nightmare wouldn't come back anymore. At least not in the same way. She would get a few days of real rest before the next nightmare began.

'Jadyn....'

Jadyn gasped, looking around for the body that the voice had belonged to. Her mother.

'Jadyn....'

Her eyes flew upwards, and she saw a filmy body.... floating.... floating.... it looked as if it were made out of cobwebs, and the slightest breeze would blow it into pieces.

"Mom?" her voice came out as a croak. "Is that you Mom?"

The apparation grimaced in pain, as wind swept through the hall, and she disintegrated. Just behind where she had been lay a key... a rusted key...

Trembling, she reached up in the close confines of the long hall, and touched it, drawing her hand back in suprise. It was cold... so cold... like her mother had been on the day she was buried, after dying from the fever.

Slowly she reached up again, and the key fell into her hand with a satisfying smack.

"Now for the door."

If she didn't find the door this dream, the key would be in another spot the next dream, and she would have to find it all over again.

'Jadyn....'

Jadyn's eyes squeezed shut. "Is this some sort of morbid family reunion?!" She shouted. "What do you want?"

'Just to help....'

Jadyn turned around and saw her father, laughing. His body was surrounded by flames, and a bottle was in his hands, much as it had been the day he had fallen in a drunken stupor, and never gotten up.

Water came from above him, and he too vanished, in a puff of steam. Behind where he had been was a door.

She walked to the door and opened it. A maze lay before her eyes, and way on the other side.....

the door.

But how to get to it?

'Jadyn....'

She fought to keep tears from falling. Her little sister stood in front of her, eyes empty. Her pale skin had a bluish cast, much as it had the day she had fallen into the water while they were playing, and drowned. Moss was tangled in her hair.

They never had found her body.

Her sister took Jadyn's hand, and they walked swiftly through the confusing corners and passages. The door stood in front of them. Her parents stood behind her, and her little sister went to join them.

Jadyn stretched out her hands to her family. "Come back with me. Please."

They shook their heads. "We cannot leave." Their voices were empty. Hollow. Mocking.

"But you can join us."

Jadyn looked wildly from door, to family, to door, to family. "You can't do this to me! Haven't I suffered enough?"

The door creaked open behind her. She heard her brother calling. "Jaydn! Jadyn! Wake up!"

With one last glance at her family, she slipped through the door, their hands falling off of her, as they disappeared one last time.

And Jadyn awoke.

23. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Um, Courtney? Mystralgurl beat you out on the "Creepiness Scale" this round. *shivers*

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Gah! For once, I agree with you Zonoma !!!!! *shivers*

25. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    wow... really? you really think so? people tell me sometimes that my writing is freaky... I say only the short stuff, and even then, not very often...

*is happy*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.