main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends First Sentence Challenge! Post your fics here!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Mystralgurl:

Wow. This was superb, chilling and so different. A must read.

I give it a 9.95 on the Lola scale.

I'll add .05 more if you tell me there's more to Jadyn's story. I'd love to learn about her and her departed loved ones.

2. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    Lola = I feel weird replying on a thread that isn't mine... a 9.95, really? wow.... I never did think I was that good...

well, as I can't lie, no, there isn't... I just sort of winged it... but if my plot bunny bites me, I can try... I'll PM you if I come up with anything, how is that?

3. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    The Lola scale is not like everyone else's I'm afraid. I look for things that are unique and instill a craving inside for more. And although I enjoy a good mush fic I prefer these out of the ordinary ones.

And about the bunny. It's my self appointed job to toss bunnies around for you to catch. If you get bit, please put me on the PM list.

Great job if I didn't say so already. And feel free to try the other sentences too. *holds up choices* Pick a sentence any sentence.

4. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    Ah... I see.... well, nice to know mine was unique.. :D

*catches bunny* well, we'll see just how good this bunny is.... Eh... I usually add just a bit of mush to most of my fics... or more than a bit... none of my fics are really creepy, but if you want to read them, there are links in my profile. If you go into my sock's profile, I would suggest reading my vignett: Alone When She Falls... people seemed to like that one.

yea, you said so... thanks a bunch! you all made my day!

what are my options with these sentences? I'm having fun winging stories today... :p

5. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Mystralgurl: You wanna hear something funny? I went into Alone when she falls and guess what? Your first reply was me. :D

6. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    what? seriously? wow.... [face_laugh]

well, if you haven't read it yet, I liked The Final Gift. It's link is in the same place as Alone When She Falls. And if you like Evanescence, I've got a bunch of songfics to their songs....

7. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Mystragurl: I love your icon! Who is under the hood? :D

8. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    you know, I really have no idea... the icon's name just said Mistryl warrior or something like that... but I thought it was fitting, considering the name.... :D

9. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    hey could someone give me all of the other sentences? I kinda have an idea of what they are, but I wanted to be sure... I'm having fun writing!!

10. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    PM Twich and ask 4 them, I'm sure you'll get them! (That's what I did) :D

~Courtney~

11. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    yea, but the question is when... I would like them really soon, so I can write and post before my mom gets home and kicks me off.... [face_whistling]

12. DathomiranAuthor

DathomiranAuthor Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Okay, I haven't read everything...

Zonoma: NO!!! Not a trap! And a cliffy! AHH!! Great writing and description. Cool how you described all Jaina's thoughts.

YAY!!! J/TK!!!! I LOVE J/TK!!! [face_love] You did an excellent job.

Lola:(the J/Z one) :_| :_| NOOOOOO!!! It was brilliantly described though.

Courtney_Solo:(the 1st time) [face_laugh] You made me laugh really hard.

PonyTricks: Ha ha! [face_laugh]

Courtney_Solo:(again) Ripoff artist?!?! [face_laugh]

EDIT: to clarify which story

13. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Thanks DathomiranAuthor. And if it's any consolation, wherever they ended up, they're together.

I don't know if you had gotten them yet, so I just pm'd them to you.

If anyone else needs a full list, just let me know. My list is saved on Word and can be copied and pasted to a pm at a moment's notice.

14. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    nope, I hadn't gotten them yet. Thanx bunches! I'll work on them over the weekend, and hopefully will be able to post them on tuesday...

15. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    oh, and where does he post the new sentences?

16. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
  17. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    ah-ha! thank you.... well, now I have an idea!

*runs off to write*

18. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    *peeks cautiously from beneath his blanket*

"Is the scary Mystralgurl gone???"

"She is?"

*leaps out from under the covers, causing plot bunnies to fly in all directions*

"I wasn't scared!!!!" [face_liarliar]

=D=

19. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Gee, once i click on that link you will be seeing MANY shorts from me! *evil cackle*

DathomiranAuthor: Thatnk you! I don't even remember what I wrote on the first shot *goes to check* Musta been funny. :D (Not out of character for me tho)

I WANNA ANOTHER SENTENCE! :_|

20. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    The stench of garbage filled her nose as she scraped and crawled her way along the path and for a brief moment, she wondered if this was where she would die. Partly because she couldn't move very much anymore.

"Anakin Solo, this shortcut is the WORST I've ever been in!" Jaina Solo complained sourly.

"Your blaster is poking into my side."

"Your lightsaber is gonna ignite and take my leg off!"

"Your blaster is gonna fire and kill us both!" They crawled in pale silence for the next few minutes.

"Let's just hope none of that happens." Anakin finally broke the silence.

"Agreed. Which one is the right cell?" Anakin looked over at a lever.

"I think this one leads to Zekk's cell." Jaina reached over and pulled it. "Ahhhh!" They yelled as they dropped ten feet into a Vong looking office. Nom Anor looked up from a book he was reading and started.

"Hey!" Jaina looked angrily at Anakin. He smiled to Nom Anor and pressed a button.

"Going up!" He yelled. "Ahhhhhhhhhhh......" They dropped lower.

"We're not going UP we're going DOWN!" Jaina screamed at her brother over the whistling of wind around their ears.

"Look on the bright side, sis! Nom Anor's not..." They glanced over and saw Nom Anor on one of the elevator things. "Nevermind." He drew his blaster and his lightsaber. Jaina rolled her eyes.

"You are such a patient person sometimes." She yanked Anakin's blaster out of his hand and shot the cable, Nom Anor began to go up, then slammed into the ceiling.

"This....is..." Jaina sputtered in anger, they were still falling...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~ A Few Minutes Later~

"How long have we been falling?"

"I dunno!"

"If my datapad were with me I'd check!"

"Well. it's not!"

"Do you think I'm counting the seconds!?"

"You're not?"

"Force." Anakin looked down and gasped. "Brace for im-" They stopped a few centimeters from the ground. Anakin looked up and saw Tahiri walking towards them.

"Hello. I found a lever and I pulled it, the next thing I knew, you guys came dropping out of the sky and almost hit the ground, then you just stopped. What happened?"

Anakin leapt out of the elevator thingy and hugged Tahiri. "Aren't you guys supposed to be on the prison level? She asked, puzzled.

"Uh...."

------------------------------------------------------

I went for argumentally funny. How'd I do?

21. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Good job courtney_solo!

If you hadn't said their names. I would have though it was H/L!

Got another First Sentence? [face_mischief]

22. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    They yelled as they dropped ten feet into a Vong looking office. Nom Anor looked up from a book he was reading and started. [face_laugh]

Nom Anor can read?:p

Great Job Courtney

23. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    I wanted to make Tahiri seem 'evil' so I had then bicker. :D [face_devil]

24. Courtney_Solo

May 23, 2005
    Coooome on, Twich! Come here and gimme, er.. I mean US another sentence! PLEASE!!!!! [face_praying]

25. Mystralgurl

Oct 9, 2004
    well, I've been writing all weekend, and I finished all of the other four sentences. I'm gonna post them one at a time, and ya'll can tell me what you think?

btw, they are all sort of a continuence of The Nightmare...

Title: The Last Day
    Character: Natia
    Timeframe: after the Vong have been defeated

As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body and knew what he had to do. What they had to do.

Trapped inside the cave, they had been for the past month. The food was gone. The water was gone. The air was starting to have alarming amounts of carbon dioxide in it.

They would not survive the night.

Kir looked over to Natia. They were scientists, studying this distant planet. Near the outer rim, it had carried many hopes of being a planet suit for refugees. It had everything most refugees would need to survive, and it had seemed like the planet would work.

Natia and Kir, and the rest of the team had been packing their equipment up when the beasts attacked. The beasts had carried off Shema, and they all had heard her anguished screams as she was eaten alive.

The team had made their way up the mountains, hoping to be able to hide in the caves, and radio for help.

As they picked their way through the dark tunnels, one by one, the beasts had taken them.

The beasts had targeted Enged next. He had been bleeding from his forehead, after falling earlier that day. Kir remembered at how they had laughed at his clumsiness, never realizing it would cause him to die.

The names swam through his mind. So many had been taken?. Maon?. Gera?. Imna?. Kir and Natia were the only ones who had made it to the cave. Their supplies had been nearly nonexistent as it was, and now they were gone.

Natia stared at him in the pale light, from the glowing moss they had discovered. ?What are we going to do?? Her voice cracked with exhaustion.

Kir stared back at her. ?I don?t know. There isn?t much we can do. There are to many of them to kill, we can?t reach the ships, and we dropped the radio.?

Natia pulled her knees to her chest, tears streaming down her face. Kir was sitting next to her. She turned to him. ?I miss my family. You know, they are never going to know what happened to me? They?ll never know how I died. Jadyn will never hug me again, and Ekron will never pull my hair, and tease me about finding a husband. And I?ll never be able to tell him that I was going to have one.? She sniffed, and rubbed the back of her hand across her nose. ?I was engaged you know. To Enged. He asked me the night before last. Gave me this ring.? She held out her hand, where a jewel sparkled in the dim light. ?Now we?ll never get to have the kids we wanted, or move to Coruscant, with the money we made from this project. I?ll never be able to kiss him again.?

Kir wrapped his arm around her shoulders. ?There is one thing we can do. We can?t give up, Natia, we can?t.?

?What can we do, Kir? We have no food, no water, and we are going to die.?

He slapped her across the face. ?Don?t say that!? He shouted, his voice echoing back to him from the far reaches of the cave. ?We aren?t going to roll over and die, at least I?m not! If I?m going to die, I?m going to give those kriffing beasts frell first!?

Natia wiped her face on her dirty shirt and stood. ?I?m sorry, Kir. I?m not going to give up either. What are we going to do??

Kir walked over to the chest they had discovered earlier, full of outdated weapons, but the weapons, most of them anyway, still worked. ?I?m going to die, yes, I?m going to die. But I?m going to kill as many of them as I can while I?m dying. Until there?s nothing left of me to hold a weapon, I?m going to kill them.?

Natia shivered at his tone, but nodded. ?Then I?m going with you.? She walked over to the chest and selected a large blaster, and several smaller ones. ?Let?s make them never forget how dangerous humans are.?

Kir smiled at her, and picked out weapons for himself.

Together they walked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.