main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge First Sentence (Twich's Twisted Sisters!) We got new sentences - Get em while they're hot!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Question: Will you be doing something like this again? If so, I'd be greatly interested. :D

2. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Mush would be fun... And I'll have to see what I come up with for this sentence *grins* I think I have an idea...

3. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    If people like it, I'm more than willing. I think this is fun! :)

4. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

So I didn't know if we're suppose to thank people here or on the board where our fic is - so I did both!

VaderLVR64
    Healer_Leona -- Thank you three for your wonderful reviews. I am humbled [face_blush]
    Jennifer_Lyn

[face_good_luck]

5. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    DarthIshtar: No worries about killing characters. I think the body count stands at only one, atleast for now.

IrishEyedJedi: You're very welcome. It was really fun to read and write, wasn't it?

Twich: Humble thanks to our host! This seems to be brining the "generations" together, which is cool. I almost never go to the Beyond boards, but curiosity, and this challenge, got me there. Thank you!

6. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Well, I jumped right in with both feet but certainly didn't do a very long response. In any case, the finished product can be found on the Beyond thread, here's the 1st paragraph:

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her. Just how did I let him talk me into this? Mara Jade scowled as she ducked a wild shot. Karrde had a lot of explaining to do. When he said ?Let?s see just how good your reflexes are now.? Mara had expected a simple sparring session with some of the crew. She hadn?t expected to wake up in a supply closet without her weapons. After she managed to hotwire the door controls and get out of the closet but she hadn?t expected to start making her way down the cooridor and find her crewmates taking potshots at her!

7. SapphireBloom

SapphireBloom Jedi Youngling star 2

May 9, 2005
    This is a great idea Twich! I'm glad you thought of it! There's so many different directions you could take this in. It might even inspire me to write something :eek:

8. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Come on, Sapphy. You know you want to... [face_devil]

9. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Shadowolf Great job! That's a fantastic way to see that sentence! Yay!

Jennifer_LynYou are more than welcome. I've enjoyed checking out the other boards too. :)

SapphireBloom Better watch it...it's addictive. The plot bunny'll be on your back (worse than any monkey) and not let you go.

Okay. It's not THAT bad. But it's a lot of fun! LOL!

And if everyone likes it, maybe next week we could do another sentence? Mush and gush since it's been requested... Sound good?

10. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Sounds good to me!

11. Shadowolf

May 4, 2005
    Thanks, Twich! I like the Mush & Gush idea, could be fun to play with. :)

12. Kylie_Jinn

Kylie_Jinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Oh, this sounds like fun. I have to go and think about this...

13. Kylie_Jinn

Apr 27, 2005
    Well, here's my try at it!

------

As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her. The gaffe stick was heavy in Beru?s hands as she inched down the dark hallway, the stone floor icy on her bare feet. Her breath was loud in her ears as she looked around, owl-eyed in the dark Tatooine night. The sound of the Tuskens in the next room reached her ears, and her grip turned her knuckles ashen on the gaffe stick. Behind her, she heard Luke whimper and clutch her skirts, and she crouched down next to him.

14. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    And your try was WONDERFUL! Bravo! Bravo!!!=D=

15. Kylie_Jinn

Apr 27, 2005
    [face_blush] Thanks! It really is a great idea for a challenge; I hope you do another one later on!!!

16. maderic

maderic Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 8, 2004
    Interesting. I'll go for it, if I have time. :)

17. JW-Titus

JW-Titus Jedi Master star 2

May 21, 2004
    Posted mine. It's in the "Before the Saga' thread. :)

18. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Okay...everyone ready for some mush n gush in the challenge?? Let's see what we can do. ;)

Here's this week's sentence:

As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body and knew what he had to do.

Hope that's well enough along those mushy gushy lines. :) We'll continue along in the same threads.

Here they are:

Before the Saga
    http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/20799271/?0

The Saga
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20799327/?0

Beyond the Saga
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/20799351/?0

Good luck everyone! I can't wait to see what happens this week!

19. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I love mush. Can't do it but I love to read it.

Quick question. Are posts for the prior week's sentence still acceptable to post?

20. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    LOL. I'm in.

And is the first challenge still open? I'd like to write for that too. :D.

21. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm so in!

I'm nearly done with last week's challenge. The ending is taking forever. :mad:

22. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Woo Hoo! I'm the first to respond . . . [face_dancing]

Who Would Have Thought

As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body and knew what he had to do.
    Leaving would be the hardest thing. Funny how life can play such cruel jokes, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. Their love was still knew and fresh, and every day they discovered new things to fall in love with. He had never felt this way about anyone. The feeling was so strong and intense it could overwhelm him at times, but then she could always overwhelmed him every time she flashed that wonderful smile. He would miss that smile.

Head on over to The Saga Board to read the rest

[face_good_luck]

23. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Princess_Arulmozhi and Lola64thanks for reminding me. (Sorry I forgot to mention that!) I figure that it's okay to leave the previous challenges open since I never really mentioned a due date or anything. If someone wanders into the thread, then they can have their choice of first sentences. ;) Everyone think that's okay?

Love that people like the mush n gush. :)And a very nice first post IrishEyedJedi! I love that pairing. *sigh*

24. Shadowolf

May 4, 2005
    Well I certainly didn't expect to crank this out as quickly as I did...but then, short challenges I think I can do! :)

Here's the first paragraph of Daydreams:
    As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear-filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through is entire body and knew what he had to do. Without breaking eye contact he leaned down and gently pressed his lips to hers. She leaned into the gentle kiss and ?

The rest can be found in The Saga response thread , enjoy!

25. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Bad, Twich, Bad. Now you've gone me trying to lure yet another plot bunny into my yard. [face_shame_on_you]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.