main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge First Sentence (Twich's Twisted Sisters!) We got new sentences - Get em while they're hot!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    Okay I'm confused...What is the sentance?

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    The sentence for that was added for this week is:

Also, there is a listing in the first post of a good portion of the sentences offered here in. The challenge is open-ended and you can choose to use any of the sentences any number of times..

3. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    All righty thanks!

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I was finally able to get one done! :p

Title: If It Be a Dream
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Anakin & Padmé
    Summary: What is reality?

?Is this is a dream? O, if it be a dream,
    Let me sleep on, and do not wake me yet!?- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

If It Be a Dream

As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality. Everything had been a dream ? striking Master Windu, the horrific scene at the Temple, the devastating events of Mustafar. There was no unseen menace stalking him, approaching on stealthy footsteps. He was whole, he was with her.

5. Milteck

Milteck Jedi Master star 3

Jul 8, 2006
    I created a short story based off the line:

As he moved through the cold inky blackness of the room, he tensed at the realization that he was not alone

The title is: On the Edge... A Smuggler's Tale

Here is the link:
    http://boards.theforce.net/the_saga/b10476/24576460/p1/?0

Hope you enjoy D.M.

6. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005
    I'M BACK!!!!!!

take cover everyone! the Lure is back in the streets! :cool:

.....or not. [face_blush] [face_laugh]

anywookie, i'm back from my three-week adventures of camp and the beach --

and now i'm getting yelled at to get off the computer. :rolleyes:

darn it. i'll try to talk to you guys later! [:D]

-Lures @};-

7. TwichsTwistedSisters

TwichsTwistedSisters Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    Welcome back ShadowofLures. Did you have a good time? I hope so.

And welcome to the some returning faces as well as new ones here for the challenge.

As you can see I'm on time today (stops to watch Kidan fall over in shock)with this week's sentence.

You may begin your entry with:

Continuing to follow the two figures down the crowded streets, the eavesdropper recited their conversation again in his mind, wondering who their victim was, when and where the assassination was to take place, and why in the Nine Corellian Hells couldn't he have listened to his wife who wanted to vacation somewhere else?

FYI: Lola is leaving on her vacation this Friday so Twich will be torturing ...er I mean providing next week's sentence. I just want to point out that one time Lola was away Twich posted the Mouline Rouge passage. I wonder what she could possibly have in store for you next week. [face_mischief]

As always, please let us know here where we can find your entry.

8. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Ooooh...there's just no telling is there??? [face_skull]

9. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    *picks self up from ground over prompt posting of sentence*

A new story in honor of this momentous occasion :p[face_laugh]
    The Challenge: First Sentence Challenge
    Title: If I Could.
    Characters: Anakin, Tahiri
    Author: Kidan
    Notes: Usual Disclaimers. If you?ve not visited First Sentence Challenge then I suggest you do so.

If I could

The tears rolled down her face as she gripped him tightly, knowing that she might never see him again but needing to tell him how much she loved him. She had feared this for so months, since he reappeared. Had allowed the disparate sides of her worry over it, allowed it to keep her awake at night.

as always, read more here

10. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    *up* :)

-Lures @};-

11. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Title: The Best of Pie, The Worst of Wine

Author: leiamoody

Characters: OC's (Nalieza, Josym, Meaithe, Civriel)

Timeframe: Several months after ROTJ

Summary: Nalieza does a monologue, Josym eats some pie, Meaithe and Civriel get stuck ordering dinner.

Genre: Fluff piece? Cheap attempt at character development? Potshot at Charles Dickens? Call it what you want.

Notes: This is my rather twisted take on "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times..." sentence. But I broke it down, very much like I did with the sentence in Surprise Is Everything. So you aren't getting the entire sentence right up front. But it's my chance to take a butchering at Dickens.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It was the best of times. It was the worst of times." Nalieza took in a breath, and then slapped her hand on the table. "Neff, that's not good enough!"

From across the table, Josym said, "Then stop saying the damned monologue over and over. That's the fourth time tonight you've tried running through it." He pushed a menu card across to her. "Here, take a look at the specials. Better reading than some lines from a dusty old play."

She took the card. "Dusty those lines might be, but I have to be ready to dazzle a drama class with them in less than two days."

Pie and wine to be found here

12. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Hey!!! Everyone ready for this week's quote? I'm handling it since lovely Lola's enjoying some much deserved rest time. So here's this week's sentence. It's one of my absolute favorite quotes from Carl Sagan:

The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.

Can't wait to see the lovely responses that come from this one!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    HEY! I posted the sentence quite promptly...where are all my favorite sentencers???

Should I REALLY trip you up and post another??? LOL!

14. Kidan

Jul 20, 2003
    hey I'm fast, but even I need time to think y'know....:p

as for tripping us up, oh most definitely!! :D

15. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Ooooh. Gotcha. Thinking. Forgot about that! LOL!

And if you REALLY want tripped up, then here's a little bonus! The first sentence MUST be the first sentence of the fic and the second MUST be the last sentence of the same fic! So work your way from one sentence to the other.

First Sentence:
    A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar.
    - Mark Twain

Last Sentence:

And lastly there is the oldest and deepest desire, the Great Escape: the Escape from Death. JRR Tolkien

There. Go have fun with that! LOL!

16. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    It's been a while since I did a first sentence fic. I might try something with this.

17. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    ooo, i like those three sentences! i think my plot bunnies are waking up!!!
    [face_dancing]

-Lures @};-

18. Ben_Watson

Ben_Watson Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2004
    That... Is a tough one. But I posted one. It's short, but that last sentence was hard for me.

Here's a excerpt:

A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar. And that's what Anakin Skywalker was. A liar. He hated it. Only because it made him feel distant from both Obi-Wan and Padme'.

You can see more of I'm a Liar. Thats it.
    Here

19. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    *up* :)

-Lures @};-

20. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, I did another one at long last.

Title: Forgiveness
    Author: VaderLVR64
    Characters: Luke, Anakin, Padmé, Leia
    Summary: Anakin Skywalker has only one last wish before he dies ? to gain the forgivness of the woman he loves.
    Notes: Obviously, an AU. :p
    Written for the First Sentence Challenge, which in this case was a ?last sentence challenge.?

"If we can still love those who have made us suffer, we love them all the more."- Mrs. Anna Brownell Jameson

Forgiveness

He was dying.

That, in itself, was not a tragedy. No, the tragedy has been in living ? well, the way he had lived. Now it had all come to this, trying to find a quiet moment in which he could slip away from his flawed life. He sighed and closed his eyes, hoping to gain some small freedom in his memories. He was an old man now; older than his years betrayed, and he admitted to himself that death would be a relief.

21. Mathom

Mathom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 24, 2006
    I thought I'd join in the fun.

Title: The Flower that Blooms in Adversity
    Author: Mathom
    Timeframe: RotS after Order 66
    Characters: OCs
    Summary: After Order 66, a padawan looks back on her life.
    Notes: Inspired by the Famous Last Words discussion over at OC Writers' Anonymous. Also, it works as a sort of pseudo-sequel to the fifth set of my drabbles, which were told from her Master's POV, but can be read on its own.

?The universe is not required to be in harmony with human ambition,? or so my Master once said. Perhaps if I had listened, I would not be so disappointed now.

All I ever wanted to be was a Jedi Knight, preventing wars with amazing feats of negotiation. Instead, I was shipped from planet to planet with my master for undercover work in some of the nastiest locations known to the galaxy. But at least I could look forward to knighthood and all its promises of opportunity. Now even that is out of reach.

22. TwichsTwistedSisters

TwichsTwistedSisters Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    More pieces for The Saga. I love it.

So today is Wednesday and time for a new sentence. Don't worry that you haven't tackled Twich's evil combo yet. I'm going to have to get over my fear of it and give it a whirl.

So if you're looking for something different and a bit easier, take a stab at this opening sentence:

The thief shoved his way through the crowd, pushing anyone who happened to be in his path, hoping he'd be able to get away from the space patrol and just at the moment he thought he'd done it, he slammed headlong into a cloaked figure, stopping his progress completely.

23. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    *up*

happy first day of school everyone......:_| :(

-Lures @};-

24. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    I just want to thank Kidan for his assistance with this week's sentence.

Following his good advice we are going to start this week's entry with the following:

Walking through the crowd of strangers he reached the desk to check in and gasped upon recognizing the clerk, knowing that the two of them meeting would mean that he is dead.

And a special note, next week's sentence will be posted on Monday, a special Labor Day sentence.

25. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is all for now. I shall write something this weekend in honor of this momentous occasion.:p

EDIT:

:eek:This was post # 4,400!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.