main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge First Sentence (Twich's Twisted Sisters!) We got new sentences - Get em while they're hot!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leiamoody

leiamoody Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2005
    Yeeeesssssss, it's The Purveyor Of Illiterate Garbage, bringing y'all more crap for the New Year!!!!!!!! Ain't ya just feeling privileged right about now? [face_sick]

Title: Lost And Found
    Author: leiamoody
    Characters: Meaithe (an OC from my alternate universe)
    Timeframe: Sometime after ROTJ
    Summary: One never knows what they will find hidden in the library...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The irony of this well-known and heavily populated planet being the one to hide such a deep secret had not escaped her.

When she came across the dusty black carrying case hidden among a pile of data discs and an incongrousuly placed green velvoid length of cloth, Meaithe did not know what to make of the object.

That is, until its Force presence overwhelmed her like a supernova.

Last post in the Beyond the Saga thread

2. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    What a wonderful start for the new year. =D=

3. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    *freaks out*

No one told me there were that many!!!!

*panics*

*runs around shooting random people in her panic-blindness*

4. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Heavens to Megaron, it's not THAT bad. :p

Seriously, you can print them out, and then do one at a time. Just go through the list until you find a sentence that strikes your fancy. You can even pick a few and turn them into a series (I'm trying to see if I can do that right now).

5. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Title: ?And The Wombfish Said...?
    Timeframe: 480 years before ANH
    Characters: OC?s [Aduman Nical (Jedi Master), Chevor Mikayzd (Jedi Padawan)]
    Genre: Vignettes, Humor, Drama
    Summary: A Jedi Master revives an old tradition, and takes his padawan on a pilgrimage.
    Notes: Thirteen responses written for the First Sentence Challenge.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

?After all, tomorrow is another day.? Aduman straightned his tunic and gave himself a quick glance over in the odd hexagonal slice of polished brass that served as the only mirror in this ditchwater hut. ?Hmm, not so bad after all, considering our rough crossing from Pannotia.? Indeed, he did appear to be quite hail and hardy. The blonde curls on his head were not jutting out in odd corkscrew angles (despite the humidity), and he had no traces of phylte leaf stuck between his teeth. His tunic and trousers were not sticking to his body, unlike the standard Jedi attire which he had gratefully abandoned for the far more comfortable woven catan garments so indicative of Vouroso.

?You see, Padawan, what we cannot accomplish today can be easily accomplished tomorrow.?

He inhaled deeply. It was good to be home. Very good indeed. Though he had been taken as an infant away from this world, he still felt a strong pull to the ocean planet. It was as much a part of his blood as the midichlorians which graced him with Force sensitivity.

Welcome To Vouroso

6. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    no, no, no... I had a series, a beautiful, angsty series... but that all ended with the.. "Foot In My Mouth Incident" (see sig for more details on the Incident)

And I'm still crazy enough to try writing all of those.. in order.. but I must say that it is very, extremely, majorly, and in a huge way.. daunting.

7. ShadowofLures

ShadowofLures Jedi Master star 3

Jul 13, 2005

yea! we've survived two whole years and haven't died yet!

*knock on wood*

heehee! :D

-Lures @};-

8. TwichsTwistedSisters

TwichsTwistedSisters Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    Well, it's that time again. Are you all ready for a new sentence?

Ok. So the newest first sentence is as follows:

Though the medics did their best to prepare her, the screams of agony and despair were overwhelming, driving her group of friends back to the waiting area, unable to face her terrified cries and what they would ultimately mean for all of them.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know when you post. :)

9. NerdWOMAN

NerdWOMAN Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 5, 2005
    Though the medics did their best to prepare her, the screams of agony and despair were overwhelming, driving her group of friends back to the waiting area, unable to face her terrified cries and what they would ultimately mean for all of them. Tears stung her eyes and the pain continued. Death would soon pass over her. The thought of the child she was to bring in this world and the responsibility of being a mother, was enough to strengthen Padmé enough to push harder. Her friends knew her death was emanate, but had given her false hope for the baby?s sake. She knew she was barely clinging to life and the words they had spoken were useless. An unrecognizable hurt had taken hold of her heart and refused to loosen its grip. All she could see was Anakin?s face looming over her. Fresh tears were accompanied by searing pain. They would never share a life together with their baby. She screamed once more as a final agonizing push was required of her. A baby?s tiny cry echoed throughout the room. Death once again rushed to claim her and yet once more she was needed to push. Confusion clouded her mind along with heartache, but still she continued to push.

And then you know this can't end well... So I'll stop there.

10. leiamoody

Nov 8, 2005
    Title: A Night Visitor
    Characters: Meaithe, Chevor (both AU OC?s)
    Timeframe: Eight days after ?Lost and Found?; specifically, three months after ROTJ
    Summary: A Jedi from the olden days comes to shed some light on an ancient Jedi artifact.
    Note: The poem quoted in this piece actually comes from The Star Wars Rules Companion by Greg Gordon, published by West End Games in 1989.

?The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with human ambition.? The deep male voice came across the room to her from the bedroom door. For Meaithe, an odd person, female or male, popping into her bedroom in the middle of the night through a closed door was a relatively common occurrence. Given the fact they were always dead people, it made the entire notion of solid matter rather pointless.

But this tall man with a quick smile wasn?t one of her familiar visitors. Yet the statement he had just uttered sounded familiar...

?The universe is not required to be in perfect harmony with perfect ambition,? the man said again. ?Particularly if you?re working like mad to unravel a puzzle placed before you. You can work on the thing as long as you want, but if the powers of the universe don?t want you to solve it, then you won?t.?

Last post in Beyond the Saga

11. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    We're falling!

-Lures @};-

12. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    uh, we're still falling, guys....

-Lures @};-

13. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    So how does this work exactly?? [face_thinking]

I just pick any sentence from page 29 and go from there??

Ant.
    ]-}

14. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    pretty much...i think the list on page 29 is just the 2006 sentences....there's another list around page 17 with even more...plus a list on page 1....

15. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Ok, thanks for the help, Kidan!!! [:D]

16. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    Yes! we've roped another youngling into our sentence-fics. [face_devil] heeheehee....

hola, todos! upping, just in case....

-Lures @};-

17. TwichsTwistedSisters

TwichsTwistedSisters Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2005
    Welcome Jedi-Ant. :)

Just as Kidan says, the list on page 29 is the sentences posted in 2006.

Feel free to do any sentence from that list, or the list from 2005. If you need to see them all together, feel free to give Lola64 a pm. She has the Master List and will forward to anyone who wants it.

And the list for 2007 is already being added, including this week's beginning sentence:

After receiving no reply to his numerous messages, the young man set out to find her and searched all the usual spots only to discover her in the last place he had expected, the arms of another man.

Good luck and don't forget to let us know when you've posted an entry.

18. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Lures: Yes! we've roped another youngling into our sentence-fics.

:D You have indeed!!! *waves* Hi, everyone!!!

Awww...thanks! [:D]

Thanks, I'll have a scan through and pick out one that takes my fancy. :p

Ouch! Poor guy! :(

Thanks! I'll let you know when I've posted one!

EDIT: I'm going to attempt to start with the latest one...hopefully I'll cope ok... *crosses fingers*

Ant.
    ]-}

19. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    *waves back at JediAnt*

hola, chica! anywho, does anyone remember me promising to write a fic with all the sentences of '05 and '06?

*crickets chirp*

alrighty then, well, i made a promise, and i'm working on it, but it make take awhile to be actually-factually finished. :D

-Lures @};-

20. ShadowofLures

Jul 13, 2005
    *up*

(i couldn't find it :D )

-Lures @};-

21. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    I'm working on my very first, "First Sentence" now...I would have started sooner, but DRL kinda got in the way...

Hopefully I'll have it ready before the next sentence is out!
    :D

Oh, and one more thing ... UP!!!
    :p

22. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Here's my completed first First Sentence entry...
    (I hope I did it right!)

After receiving no reply to his numerous messages, the young man set out to find her and searched all the usual spots only to discover her in the last place he had expected, the arms of another man.

He cursed to himself, watching in horror as his girlfriend ran her fingers through the darkened mane of the Jedi Master, Kyp Durron.

She strengthened her grip around his head, while Kyp snaked his arms around her belted waist and pulled her closer.

Their lips parted and met; tentatively at first, gaining in passion and intensity with each moment that passed.

Jag Fel was so disgusted by what he saw that he had to avert his gaze, focusing instead on a nearby patch of wildflowers.

So this was what Jaina had been doing while he was away.

No wonder she hadn?t returned any of his messages. Clearly, she had moved on with her life.

In the five years he had been away, fighting with the Chiss in a devastating war again the Vagaari, the thought of seeing his beloved Jaina again was the only thing that had kept him going.

Obviously, Jaina hadn?t spent much of her time thinking of him.

He watched as the couple pulled away from their warm embrace, Kyp delicately tucking a loose strand of hair behind Jaina?s ear. She giggled, her cheeks flushing with heat and her brown eyes sparkling.

There was a time when Jag was the only man able to light up her eyes like that.

But that was a long time ago.

He sighed, kicking a stone in frustration and turning away.
    The war with the Vagaari had taken so much from him, but the one thing in his life he thought would always be there, was now gone as well.

His worst nightmare had been realized. He?d lost Jaina Solo, and he wouldn?t be getting her back.

He was five years too late.

It was over.

:D

Ant. ]-}

23. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Poor Jag. He was too late. :(

Very nice Jedi-Ant. Now you'll have to choose another sentence to do a follow up.

24. Jedi-Ant

Jan 3, 2007
    Thanks, Lola! [:D]

So that's how it works? I continue on with this fic with the next sentence (or another one from the very long list)?

25. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    You don't have to continue this story with another sentence. Most participants do various vignettes with sentences that strike their fancy. They either post them in the challenge thread for each board (links on page one) or they give it its own thread and just post the link here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.