main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge First Sentence (Twich's Twisted Sisters!) We got new sentences - Get em while they're hot!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Lola has inspired me again to try that last sentence so here is the first paragraph... you may find the rest in (you guessed it) Beyond.;) Let me know what you think! I am such a feedback junkie!

Reckless

The stench of garbage filled her nose as she scraped and crawled her way along the path and for a brief moment, she wondered if this was where she would die. No lightsaber, no blaster, not even the Force to rely on, Jaina continued out of pure stubbornness. Wrinkling her nose, she suddenly had a lot more respect for her parents. ?Of all the things to turn into a family tradition!? Jaina thought.

Zonoma

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    That was a tough sentence! And when will the next one go up? ;)

3. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    DRL has been kicking my behind lately. Sorry everyone. I hope to have a new sentence up this week...and a good one. Maybe a nice shippy one again???

Thanks for being patient everyone!

4. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    hope things start looking up, TWICH

5. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Who's patient? Oh yeah, we're supposed to be. :p

Sorry about DRL but hang in there. Things usually get better.

And don't worry about us. We'll keep out of trouble until you can get to us. Right Zonoma?

6. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005

What? Er, riiiiiiiiiiight... Out of trouble;). Yeah, we can do that.[face_liarliar].

:p Anyways, I made a deal with Souderwan that if I did the Quotations Challenge, he would do this one so just maybe we'll get another fan out of it! Man, I love this challenge!

Zonoma

7. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Ok...I'm here! *grumbles* :p

Alright, Zonoma. What's this all about? What do I do? Who do I talk to? I feel like I've been hoodwinked!

(hopefully everyone realizes I'm just kidding here, although the questions are serious)

It seems that there are more than one first sentences to work with. So...can I get a repost of the challenge itself (as far as what's desired as of now)?

Thanks.

8. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Souderwan,

The challenge itself is explained in detail in the very first post of this thread by our illustrious leader, Twich. You may choose from any sentences you wish and there are no deadlines or prizes. We do this for fun. I will find all the available sentences and repost them for you as an edit momentarily. Be sure to post your response in the appropriate time frame "First Sentence Challenge" threads (links also found in first post) and then post only your first paragraph here. Be sure to let us know which thread to find the rest in, though! Thanks for coming! Can't wait to see where you go with this.

EDIT: As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her.

EDIT 2: As he held her chin in his hands and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body and knew what he had to do.

EDIT 3: He awoke drenched in sweat with his heart racing and his eyes refusing to focus and the only thing he could think was "Tell me this is not happening."

EDIT 4: The stench of garbage filled her nose as she scraped and crawled her way along the path and for a brief moment, she wondered if this was where she would die.

EDIT 5:
    As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality.

EDIT 6:The energy from their weapons sizzled between them and as their eyes met from across the room, they both knew that this was most certainly the end to what might have been a beautiful friendship.

Well, my friend, those are your choices thus far... I noticed most people (myself included) have just started with the first one and worked their way through so just write from which ever one bites you!

Zonoma

9. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Zonoma, thanks! You rock! [:D] I'll get to work shortly.

10. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Here's my response to challenge #4

The Rewards of Loyalty

The stench of garbage filled her nose as she scraped and crawled her way along the path and for a brief moment, she wondered if this was where she would die.

She almost welcomed death actually, what with her olfactory sensors burning, and the constant gagging from the violent contractions in her airway hindering her progress, destroying her resolve. The vile odors were so thick; Mara Jade could almost taste the rotting meat, and putrid organic trash.

It was an easy job really, slip into Nal Hutta, located Lucandu the Hutt?s palace, scale the island villa?s wall, assassinate the hutt, and retrieve the Genosian Debrutsid the Suspicious from her employment. The former deputy to Poggle the Lesser; original designer of the Death Star; was going to be key in aiding the scientists Governor Tarkin had stashed away in his secret development location. The current team of Bevil Lemelisk and Tol Sivron were not fairing well with the some of the intricacies of the design, and the Emperor was growing impatient with all involved.

He definitely will not be pleased with me if I fail.

To be continued at:
    The Rewards of Loyalty

On to challenge #3! (I'm working backwards) :p

11. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    OK - here's my first paragraph (well, first two, since I set the sentence out as its own paragrah) for The True Challenge, my response to Sentence #4 ;).
    ---

The stench of garbage filled her nose as she scraped and crawled her way along the path and for a brief moment, she wondered if this was where she would die.

Despite this thought, Leri Potan was peace. In some distant part of her mind, the part not consumed by survival, she was impressed with herself. Never would she have expected to have the emotional control that the Jedi so revered, in a situation like this. But she was calm as she contemplated her own death, as she contemplated becoming one with the Force. There is no emotion; there is peace. There is no death; there is the Force. She had railed against those time and again; her obstinacy had been a challenge for Master Lomar, or so he claimed, but now that she faced the ultimate challenge she found she passed it utterly.

12. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    A new shippy sentence. A new shippy sentence. It's been in the back of my mind for the past few days and I think I've got one. :D

Ready? Here it is:

As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality.

A good sentence I think, but tough for a FIRST sentence. ;) We'll have to see where you guys go with that one.

And again, thanks for the patience with me. *hugs*

Here are the threads:

Before the Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/20799271/?0

The Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20799327/?0

Beyond the Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/20799351/?0

13. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    :eek:ACK! How in the world am I supposed to continue the storyline consistently with that?:_|

*continues sobbing with head on keyboard*

I think I need a nap.o_O

EDIT: Now I wish that Kyp had been taken captive, too, cuz that would have possiblities![face_thinking]

14. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    Oh man, Twich you don't make this easy! I haven't been able to come up with anything for the last two, but man I want to do one with this sentence cause yeah...very good one! Hmm....what the heck am I gonna write?!

15. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Aw come on! It's MUSH!!!!! LOL! I thought mush would get everyone inspired without too much pain! LOL!

16. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    TWICH, I do believe you are enjoying this anguish that you have caused.[face_shame_on_you]:D

17. Shadowolf

May 4, 2005
    Inspired, yes! Able to write? No! Not to mention I'm on such an Obi kick right now and it's next to impossible to put him in a mush/ship situation without it going out of character for him! Unless...hmm, 'scuse me, a word processor's callin' my name!

18. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    oh dear... the bunny has bitten but it has nothing to do with my developing J/K plot! *sighs* must write the bunny.......

19. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    This might be fun, since my plot bunny farmed has dried up lately! How does this first paragraph sound? I MIGHT actually run with this... :eek:

He awoke drenched in sweat with his heart racing and his eyes refusing to focus and the only thing he could think was, Tell me this is not happening. Unfortunately, as his mind adjusted to the dim light, he realized exactly where he was. He recognized the room, and more importantly, the sound-asleep woman lying next to him. Not good, he thought, his panic growing by the second. Carefully, so as not to awaken the woman, he crawled out of the bed, trending silently toward the refresher, and flicked on the light. The face staring back at him was not his own, but rather the unshaven face of his long-time friend, Han Solo. Barely able to comprehend what was happening, he listened as his sister's voice called out sleepily, "Han? Is something the matter?"

[face_devil]

20. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

It's a mushy sentence!!!! You all know what that means . . . time for some H/L

[image=http://www.coruscantlibrary.com/images/zipe/han%26leia19.jpg]

[face_love] Mmm Mmm Good

21. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Well, Lola, this bunny bit first. Perhaps I'll be able to get back to my project now that it's out of my system. The rest may be found in Beyond.

This is mid-TJK so be warned! SPOILERS within!

Useful

As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality. Jacen lay back down slowly so as not to disturb her and shifted, very carefully, to drink in the vision lying next to him. He had never seen her hair in such a tangle of soft coppers. Even on their missions she had always tamed it with her warrior braids. This soft and wild look was a treat and something stirred in him. It was, in fact, quite tantalizing and he found the urge to take her in his arms and wake her nearly irresistible. Tenel Ka being Tenel Ka, however, this might have proven fatal. He chuckled quietly at the thought. Realistically speaking, they were both more used to sleeping alone.

Oh, and Ponytricks? That is TWISTED! I. Can't. Wait. Run with it, please!

[face_good_luck]Irish? You go, girl!

22. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003

LOL! Ok. I will try to come up with a decent first chapter tonight. You MIGHT be sorry, you know... :p

23. Shadowolf

May 4, 2005
    I can't seem to write anything more than a 1 pager for this challenge! Ah well, hope it's enjoyable at least.

As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality. He stared at her with a disbelieving smile on his face. She was here! He hadn?t lost her after all. The memory of his dream haunted him and it took all his self-control not to pull her close. The young girl would never understand such an action coming from him.

The rest can be found here!

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    *sighs dramatically (not angsty)*

I know. I usually am.

25. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    Hopefully this is within the rules. [face_whistling]

The Woman of My Dreams

As he held her chin in his hands, and looked into those beautiful tear filled eyes, he felt a tremor run through his entire body, and he knew what he had to do. She was suffering, he alone caused it, and nothing in the universe could change that. Not all the resources at his disposal, nor the genius of his people could change the events he had sent into motion. Even on the hour of death, her eyes seemed to smile, despite the tears of anguish rolling down her face. He could not bear witness to her agony any longer. He continued to cup her face in one hand, as the other slowly reached behind his back, talking hold of the hilt of his weapon; he slowly brought it to bear on her alongside, but not contacting her throat.

I'm not very good with the mush, and 'ship type challenges... :(
    EDIT: Opps! Forgot to ad a link: Find the rest here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.