main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge First Sentence (Twich's Twisted Sisters!) We got new sentences - Get em while they're hot!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Twich, Jul 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Great one Twich.

[face_thinking] I see great possibilities with this.

Just for fun I think I'm going to try to get out three posts, one in each Saga. Yep, that sounds like a good plan.

And for an added twist one is going to be humor, one angst and one adventure.

I was at the dentist today. I don't think the novacaine has worn off completely yet. I'll regret this later I'm sure.

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Ok... here is the link to my story, with the first paragraph back one page. There will be more than one chapter to this story, but One is all I have written for right now. (but I write fast ! ) :p

Exchanging Places

3. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    My entry: Not as twisted as I'd hoped, but I think it still qualifies.

Title: Eternal Love
    Characters: Jaina/Zekk
    Timeframe: YJK
    Genre: Angst

As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality. His destiny lied with her. Wherever she would go he would follow. Anywhere.

The rest is Beyond the Saga

4. Beautiful_Soul

Beautiful_Soul Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2005
    Okay-I'm new here! This is my first, First Sentence Challenge, and it happened to fit perfectly with an idea I had been wrestling with, I hope you all enjoy! [face_peace]

[b]He awoke drenched in sweat with his heart racing and his eyes refusing to focus and the only thing he could think was, [i]Tell me this is not happening.[/i][/b] It had to be a dream. [i]No,[/i] he thought, [i]a nightmare[/i]. She wasn?t dead, and he hadn?t killed her; he hadn?t killed them all. Please let it be a dream he thought as he tried to clear his vision, the lights in the room harsh and unforgiving. Slowly he felt his eyes adjusting and he looked around, noticing for the first time the medical equipment stacked around him and the broken down, used condition of it all. As his eyesight slowly returned so did the rest of his senses and his eyes widened as felt the unmistakable presence of a breathing tube in his nose. He followed the tube to a respirator and he could hear the pulse/hiss of the machine breathing for him. He sat up, meaning to swing his legs off the bunk he was lying on when he realized he had no legs. They were gone below the knees. This realization drove a stake of fear through him, and he tried to speak but no sound would form and his mouth worked soundlessly. He turned his head as he heard footsteps approaching, and as a young man entered the room, he felt the comfortable, familiar sensation of The Force.

Continued here: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20799351&start=21286357]Beyond the Saga, [b]Healing[/b][/link]

5. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Okey dokey.

As I said earlier I'm doing the newest sentence on each board. The creative juices are flowing and the sentence for The Saga is complete.

Starting like this:

Title: A Hero
    Genre: future adventure
    Characters: Luke Skywalker/OC/Lars
    Timeframe: PreANH

As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality. And when he thought about it he wished it was just the opposite.

Now off to type my Before the Saga entry. Not that anyone would care but this would be my first attempt at Before.[face_worried] May the Force be with me.

6. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    Oh Lola, you will do fabulously!

7. Beautiful_Soul

Jul 7, 2005
    Okay-I am suddenly addicted to this challenge, even though this is only my second attempt...but it's a great challenge to get my juices flowing. So-here's another one from me. :-B

[b]As she wandered down the hallway, she clutched the only weapon that she could find and prayed that none of the blaster bolts dancing from around the corner would find their mark in her.[/b] This was her chance, her escape. If she could only make it to the landing platform then she could stow away aboard one of the freighters that frequented this horrible planet. She gripped the piece of durasteel tighter, wiping her sweating brow with the sleeve of her grimy tunic. They were still pursuing her. She could hear them firing blasters, and hollering threats after her. Ahead she saw the door leading to the landing platform. [i]Okay, make a run for it[/i], she thought, psyching herself up to bolt to the door and through it. As she leapt from her position and sped through the door she found herself bouncing off something and she was on the ground, her backside sore from crashing to the floor. Glancing up she saw an old, white-haired man smiling down on her. Shmi eyed the man apprehensively and grasped his outstretched hand so he could help her up.

to be continued in...[link=http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/20799271/?0]Before the Saga[/link]

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Oooh, I just got some great ideas for that mush sentence! I am going to have to try this.

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality. Anakin Skywalker couldn't believe it. He shouldn't be here. Just yesterday he had stood on the lava planet Mustaphar, facing his dear wife, Padme.

Mines up on The Saga.

10. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    My post in Before the Saga is now complete.

Title: Re-Routed

As he rolled over and reached out for something to defend himself, his hand found her soft form and made him aware that it had all been a dream and this time, she was the reality. But she was only tonight?s realty, for tomorrow he would have another.

To Twitch: Things are picking up in Beyond, getting there in Saga and is now back on the first page in Before.

It's starting to really catch on. So when you're ready we'll all be here for that next sentence. NO PRESSURE:p

11. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    It's officially a week since the last sentence post. May the harrassment begin. :D

Ok maybe not harrassment as much as a plea for another sentence, that's if DRL will let you post one.

And if I haven't said this before: Thanks Twich. This is one of the best challenges here, IMHO.

12. Mystralgurl

Mystralgurl Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2004
    c'mon... give us another post! my plot bunny says it isn't going to tell me what happens to Jadyn otherwise!

13. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Okay, finally tackled the latest sentence! :D

14. Beautiful_Soul

Jul 7, 2005
    I'm a bit behind, but here's my third sentence challenge, met!

Seek and Ye Shall Find

The stench of garbage filled her nose as she scraped and crawled her way along the path and for a brief moment, she wondered if this was where she would die. Leia followed the path before her, certain that she would soon find an escape, a way out. Just ahead, Leia kept telling herself as she crawled through the narrow tunnel.

Full fic here: [link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=20799327&start=21361039]The Saga[/link]

15. correllian_ale

correllian_ale Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2005
    I'm no good at harrassment, so I'll give in to pleading....

May we have a new sentence, pleeeeaaasssee...Twich?

:p

16. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    *coughs and looks at TWICH pleadingly with feverish eyes*

Please, may we have another sentence, suh?

17. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Begging? Pleading? I find your lack of faith disturbing. Did you think that a new sentence would not be forthcoming?? ]-} (I don't know why I used that face...it just seemed...appropriate! LOL!)

Anyway...of course I have a new sentence. And may I say that on some wandering through the forums, I LOVE what you all are doing with these challenges!!! Fantastic direction and wonderful storytelling!

So...here's another sentence for you all to ponder and plot with! [face_idea]

The energy from their weapons sizzled between them and as their eyes met from across the room, they both knew that this was most certainly the end to what might have been a beautiful friendship.

Before the Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Before_the_Saga/b10475/20799271/?0

The Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/20799327/?0

Beyond the Saga:
    http://boards.theforce.net/Beyond_the_Saga/b10477/20799351/?0

18. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Thanks a lot. :p It looks like I'll have to work for this one. So much for the easy sentences.

*Lola stomps off to figure out who will be the victims, I mean characters of her chosing*

19. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    What Lola said.

20. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Oooh, great sentence. The last one sparked a fic for me. I wonder what I can come up with for this one? [face_thinking]

21. Twich

Twich Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    [face_mischief] [face_praying] [face_dancing] [:D]

LOL!!!!!

You guys ASKED for it! ROTFLOL!!!

22. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    Finally had a bunny. So there!:p

23. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    Got my bunny! And it's the most twisted bunny I've gotten so far. [face_devil]

24. Zonoma

Jun 28, 2005
    *glimpses Lola's bunny and runs away hiding*[face_worried]

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. Lola64

Mar 10, 2005
    New sentence, new ideas, same old twisted self. I hope I don't frighten anyone. If I do, I'm so sorry.

Title: By Your Command
    Timeframe: Dark Journey AU. I mean very AU.
    Characters: J/J/K/Z

The energy from their weapons sizzled between them and as their eyes met from across the room, they both knew that this was most certainly the end to what might have been a beautiful friendship. Neither wanted this fight but neither was going to back down.

You will find it here Beyond the Saga

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.