main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI First Star Wars Detroit Fan Club Meeting!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by FearAndBullets, Feb 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Well, first of all, the meeting was great and we encourage everyone who didn't show up, please stay tuned for the next meeting in March. We had a total of 7 show up. We did the whole introduction thing -it's great to put a face with a name. We discussed on how we should communicate and it was decided that it was going to be completely electronic vs. printed newsletters and such. We are going to be setting up a yahoo group and from there a web site. Once this is set up, we will be asking for everyones (those that are interested in joining), to submit a short bio and pictures of their collection, costume (if you have one), etc. We are seriously considering the name for our group as R2-DTroit. I personally think that it fits very nicely. Also, we discussed our next meetings and there will be one in March and in April. We have not yet decided on the hierarchy of the club (Pres, VP, etc.). That will or should be the issue at the next meeting. So, here is the quick run down of the meeting for all those that missed it. Stay tuned in over the next few days to find out more about: when, where and how you can participate in the SWDFC.

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    That's great! Keep me posted so I can get the meetings on the FanForce page.

3. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    It was great meeting all of you!I'm really excited about getting our little group going,and like F&B said,we're looking forward to seeing more of you in the future.

Among the things we talked about is the possibility of going to see AOTC at midnight on opening day.Nothing has been confirmed yet,but if anyone has any interest,ideas,etc,just let us know.

The people from the forum who attended were:
    Swordchick(our founding member):)
    royalguard96
    MiraxTHorn
    FearandBullets
    Idgie

Hope to see more of you next time:)

4. SwordChick

SwordChick Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2001
    It was wonderful to finaly meet all of you - I had a blast! I am really looking forward to our next meeting. :)

5. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    I also wanted to say how much I enjoyed meeting you guys last night! I told all my friends (who think SW people are a little nuts, me included!) that you all were really nice folks and that we had lots of fun stuff to discuss. I'm very much looking forward to the next meeting!

For those of you who couldn't make it, please come out for the next one! Everyone is welcome!!

One of the most creative ideas that came out of the meeting was FearandBullets idea for a logo. I think we should keep that a secret for now, if that's ok. Maybe make it sort of an incentive to come to the next meeting??

Regards,
    M.

6. FearAndBullets

FearAndBullets Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    Ok, where's our contact info or our yahoo group? I thought that..ah what's-her-name (sorry i'm really terrible with names) is supposed to have something in yahoo.

Also, anybody heard from Jedi-Mind-Trick?

7. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Yes, I was wondering about Jedi Mind Trick. She's the one who first contacted me to get your meetings posted.

I am compiling a list for the FF Global people on the stages of development and officialdom for my former cities. I resigned, in case you didn't see the MW General thread.

If you need any help, don't hesitate to PM me. I am still here to help FanForces of the MW, just not a moderator.

:)

8. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    F&B,

I just sent you a PM with the link for the Yahoo group, just in case you didn't get it today.

M.

9. DarthPhelps

DarthPhelps Jedi Master star 5

Jan 31, 2002
    Add me to the Yahoo group, please!
    Picture Steve Martin in The Jerk)
    I'm somebody! I'm somebody!

I'll try to make one of the next meetings (hopefully also at Great Lakes Crossing). I just need enough advance notice so I can be sure nothing else doesn't get scheduled for the day.

Thanks.

10. DarthPhelps

Jan 31, 2002
    I appreciate the help I've gotten thus far with the Yahoo Group thing, but I cannot tell if what I entered in did what it is supposed to do. The suspense is driving me crazy.

11. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Hello again!

I seem to be running 'round here like a chicken with it's head cut off. ;-)

Anyway...if someone could e-mail me the link to the Yahoo club...please....that'd be great. :)

-Bianca

12. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    I'd like to get in on the Yahoo group, too. :)

13. Jedi_Kettch

Jedi_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    ooooooo...me too! me too!

14. MiraxTHorn

Aug 22, 2000
    Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to clear up the info on the new Detroit Fan Force group. In order to get the link to the group, all you have to do is send a private message to any of the people from the first meeting. Those are RoyalGuard96, FearandBullets, Idgie or myself. (Swordchick, where are you? Did you get the link?)

We decided not to post the link publicly mainly to (hopefully) prevent anyone who is not really serious about being a member from joining. In no way do we want to seem exclusive!

We did discuss some minor requirements at the first meeting. You should be at least 14, willing to come to a meeting every so often (if possible) and live in lower Michigan. We've got members from the Detroit area, Flint and Lansing at this point.

We're hoping the group will grow quickly! And we're all really nice folks (if I do say so myself : ), so please keep March 9th open for the next meeting and let one of us know if you need the link!

Regards,
    M.

15. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Ok, is anyone else out there having trouble joining the Yahoo group? I tried joining twice on Thurs after Idgie sent me a PM w/ the link (thanks :)) but nothing happened. I tried again today so I hope it works. :Sigh: the Force just hasn't been with me this week.

16. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    They've got to "approve" you for membership. I think it all depends on when, I can't remember her name, is around to approve I guess. Unless someone else can do that too (I know I can't).

17. DarthPhelps

Jan 31, 2002
    I think the approval process just takes a while, SwordChick. I finally got in late Friday.
    :)

18. DesignSith

DesignSith Jedi Master star 2

Feb 12, 2000
    Unless you get denied. :p

I just tried again.

19. SwordChick

Mar 11, 2001
    Nah, I finaly got approved. Thanks for the help :)

20. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I am a Fenton area fan...saw Empire and ROTJ opening day in 80' and 83' (only ten y.o. for A New Hope!)and of course waited in line two days for tickets to Phantom Menace!...Very much interested in the fanclub!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.