main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First Star Wars DVD Buyer in Kendall!!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Miami, FL' started by SithHappensIII, Nov 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithHappensIII

SithHappensIII Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    Hey everyone.....unless you got it illegally or through a hookup....i would like to announce that i was the first owner of the Star Wars DVD in Kendall. I was already up early in the morning and since curfew was until 6:00....WalMart was the first place open with that carried the DVD.

Would anyone like to challenge me on that? j/k How was your DVD buying experience?

2. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    I got mine at TRU, which had no power and was selling scarce items in a booth outside, right after I got out of school.

3. JediCerasiKaDela

JediCerasiKaDela Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    Nooooo dont let the forum go quiet again.We need to keep this group alive!!!

4. DarthKoRnRawker

DarthKoRnRawker Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    I got my ROTS DVD at Best Buy the day it came out.
    I havent even watched the movie though. I've just seen the special features and heard the commentary. That just shows you how much I love ROTS!!! >.> It's so weird cuz with every other SW film that I've gotten I always watch it once I get it, but since ROTS was such poop I havent even bothered to watch it.

5. JediCerasiKaDela

JediCerasiKaDela Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2005
    Ya same here.I haven't watched the movie yet either.Just everything else.I think I watched like the first 10 minutes then I fell asleep.

6. Darth_Santos

Darth_Santos Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 9, 2004
    LOL! [face_laugh]

7. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    HAHAHAHA!!! That's awesome!!! So ROTS oficially sucked the big one. After all the hype died down...ROTS wasnt awesome anymore. I wonder why...maybe it was because we knew exactly what was going to happen. The Jedi die. Anakin becomes Vader. Luke and Leia are born....and all the other stuff we knew without having to watch the movie.
    I bet that if SW was made in chronoligical order it would've rocked so much more. Cuz really it is a good story when it's seen in order. Well, we're gonna have to leave that judgement to the next generation who will see SW in an entirely new way. Wat sux is that the big "I am your father." wont be a surprise for them...oh well. :D MTFBWY!!!

8. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2001
    I'm sick. I bought it twice. The first time at FYE because I honestly didn't think I would get my hands on the Walmart Story of Star Wars DVD. And the second time, when I actually found the Story of Star Wars DVD. I just gave one of the Episode III's to my brother, who loved the movie.

EnriqueH

9. DarthKoRnRawker

Feb 6, 2005
    I didnt even try to get any of the special retailer exclusive things. I just went to Best Buy and bought the movie. End of Story. :D And I still have not watched RoTS on DVD. Oh well...LOL. :p MTFBWY!!!

10. Im_but_a_padawan

Im_but_a_padawan Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2005
    I bought it at 11 something am before my class, and also bought battlefront II to play after class that day...
    which is totally addicting...and I'll tell you, all those effing rebels on tantive IV are really getting on my nerves.

I watched the special stuff first, and then that night I watched the DVD with my family and boyfriend....tradition. and it's star wars.
    the music always gets me.

11. fastman5545

fastman5545 Jedi Youngling

Nov 21, 2005
    HEY I LIVE IN KENADLLL do u ?[face_dancing] i love it and tell me what movie you bought too![face_laugh]

12. Paradise in Naboo

Paradise in Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 1999
    I went to that very same Wal-Mart right after buying Battlefront II at Best Buy. When I went there, they didn't have a single widescreen copy of the DVD. When I asked a woman who worked there, she rudely told me "What you see is what you get". :mad:

Ever since that incident, I've been boycotting that Wal-Mart. I got my copy of the film at Target a few minutes later and I got a nice shiny coin with it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.