main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN First successfull FAN FORCE meeting in Knoxville

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by K9-Rod, Jul 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    Well or first semi-official FAN FORCE meeting was a success....at least I think so.

We had a few old members (from the TNSWCG) and some new members show up.

Thanks to all who came. I wasn't sure at all if there was enough interest in this but was willing to give it a shot.

As I told several people, if nobody showed interest, I wouldn't try to have any other meetings. My only purpose for this was to give people who worked on weekends and wanted to meet with fellow collectors, an oportunity.

We had a total of 9 members....4 of which are first timers to a meeting. Welcome to you guys.

As an experiment, I made some type of name tags to put on the tables so each member could write their name on it and others would know who is who....well even though most said it looked cool, nobody wrote their name on it.

For next meeting, I am going to make kind of a pass on the computer. In a similar style of the tags I had at this meeting.
    I will also try to get lanyards to use them kind of like the Celebration passes.

Well it's late and I need to sleep. Again thanks to all that came and I will post tomorrow about what was discussed.

2. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    It was a great meeting! Great job and nice touch on the materials! Having nine folks show up given all the circumstances (first meet, limited advertisement, etc.) was outstanding, and I think it will continue to grow. I wish I could have been there longer, but I still enjoyed meeting and talking to you guys.

I'm really looking forward to the next meeting!

3. SyPhO_DyAs

SyPhO_DyAs Jedi Youngling

Jul 10, 2002
    Hey Rod it's me Jeff. They wouldn't let me be Naga so I became the next best thing. Great meeting! It was a pleasure to meet all of you last night and I look forward to the August meeting. I think that this may become a good thing for all of us, both Knox chapter FF and TSWCG alike. Hope to see all of you and more next time. MtFbwY!!

4. Padawan519

Padawan519 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Hey Rod, I had a great time last night!! So good to meet everyone. I am looking forward to the cookout.....

5. Jar Jar

Jar Jar Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 1998
    Me and my buddy Dave should be able to make it to the cookout as well. We are both off for next Saturday so, BOO YEAH!!!

There is just the small matter of us getting directions though..
    :D

6. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    Congrats on completing your first meeting! Having 9 people show up is a wonderful start! I'm really impressed! :D

As always, if anyone has any questions about FanForce, or if y'all need any help whatsoever, please let me know. :)

~Your Friendly Neighborhood FanForce Regional Support Admin~

7. K9-Rod

K9-Rod Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 26, 2002
    I know it's been a week but my wife has had me pretty busy with home improvement on our attic so I haven't had the time to write this out properly...

In regards to the July 9th meeting. It was a lot better than I expected. A few of the people who came out mentioned to me that they would not have been able to if it would have been on a weekend. We talked about this and had an idea...

On the 1st Tuesday night of every month we will have the FanForce meeting. We also thought we could have the regular meetings of the TSWCG that we have been having, on the 3rd weekend of every month.

that way there would be an average of 2 weeks in between meetings....and all could come to at least one a month....wonderfull if you could make it to both

Also we talked about what it takes to be an official FanForce chapter, and to have one in Knoxville.

We talked about the cards made out by Bobby to promote and spread the word about the TSWCG.

Even though we came to a concesus (how do you spell that? too big a word for me) of keeping the TSWCG and FanForce as two seperate groups, we thought it might be a good idea to have one group help the other in spreading the word and getting members. But we all agreed on using the TSWCG for most of our day to day talk. I wouldn't mind doing some more posting on the FanForce forums but due to the lack of activity, it seems nobody reads them. And there is only so much Chad, Jar Jar and I can post....LOL

I will do my best and hope you all can help in getting this board a little more active.

So I thought, maybe we can talk about this in the next meeting...something to have a card made promoting the TSWCG site but also having the FanForce name.

It was also talked about for t-shirts.

These two matters, since they relate to both groups, I thought we woul dbring it up at the cookout and decide then.

Well like all meetings, we exchanged stories, talked about scalpers, C2, the latest toys and our individual interests.

I am glad to say we had 4 members that had not come to any previous meetings....I thought that was a good number. So welcome to NaGaSaDoW, Patrick, David, Jar Jar and Chad. Most of who had been active on the FanForce forums before.

(If possible, the 4 of you send me an e-mail to add you to our list)

Well if anybody has any questions please feel free to e-mail me

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.