main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA First the "Ug", now the "R Us", what do you think?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    You've all probably heard about the law suit a while back about the use of the word "ug" in "ug boots"? (If not, you can read about it on this site.)

As if that weren't enough, the Yanks are at it again. This time, it's Toys R Us taking on little Aussie companies with the words "R Us" in them. Read the story and tell me what you think.

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Someone really needs to do something about this, it really is getting out of hand.

Soon it is going to get to the point where Bed shed (for example) will try to stop anyone using the word 'bed' in their name. Thew will do that, then some shed company will take them to court for using the word 'shed'.

I had a read of that article that FA linked to, Is it even remotely possible that someone is going to confuse fishing'r'us with toys'r'us ? Or think they may be part of the same corporation ?

I hope the 1100 retailers with r'us in their name start some sort of class action against toys'r'us and close them down.

3. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    there's a big possibility Toy 'R Us may be closing down long before the law suit is completed. The US arm currently has budget issues, and the Aussie branches may become a thing of the past within the next few years (other stores such as Kmart and Target seem to be doing well in selling toys, what with toy sales every few months).

4. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    As a relative of the owners of Bedshed, I can assure you that won't be happening. ;)

Besides, it seems to be particularly Americans, no? Most Aussies couldn't really give a proverbial about it, it seems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.