main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

First thing you would say to Ahmed Best when you see him in public.

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by KaneRobot, Apr 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    "Mr.Best I thought you were great in Stomp and in Star Wars. I am sorry that you have gotten death threats and such hatred because of the role of Jar Jar Binks. I personally really enjoyed the character of Jar Jar Binks and think you did an excellent job portraying him. I want you to know not all Star Wars fans are like those who send death threats. May I please have your autograph."

2. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

I just thought about how that voice comes from THAT guy!

:p

3. CBright7831

CBright7831 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2004
    He somewhat sounds like him iin real life.

4. hawk

hawk Jedi Knight star 5

May 3, 2000
    Jar Jar bashing was quite profound in Australia.

5. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    "To Ahmed Best: You, sir, are an idiot. "

o_O

Bashing Jar Jar is SOOOOO last decade. [face_shame_on_you]

6. Loopster

Loopster Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    It's never the wrong time to bash Jar Jar. It's timelessly fashionable.

7. Avid_Prequels_Fan

Avid_Prequels_Fan Jedi Master star 2

Sep 14, 2003
    You took the words right out of my mouth.

""Mr.Best I thought you were great in Stomp and in Star Wars. I am sorry that you have gotten death threats and such hatred because of the role of Jar Jar Binks. I personally really enjoyed the character of Jar Jar Binks and think you did an excellent job portraying him. I want you to know not all Star Wars fans are like those who send death threats. May I please have your autograph.""

8. LandoSystem1138

LandoSystem1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2005
    I'd ask him if he was really swearing in that AOTC webdoc.

9. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    "Mesa sooo smilen to seein yousa."

:p

10. BauconBatista

BauconBatista Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2004
  11. majin_yami

majin_yami Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 14, 2004
    He did well with what he was given. I never really hated Jar Jar. Sure hr was annoying, but I find it to be quite stupid to actually hate an individual character. The character was also very popular with children.

12. Darth_Qui-GonJinn

Darth_Qui-GonJinn Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Ahmed you are the weakest link GOODBYE

13. DARTHMORDOR

DARTHMORDOR Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2003
    mace windy said it best

thanks

if you don't like jar jar then you may as well not like star wars he is an important part of the whole picture

14. Jedi_Learner

Jedi_Learner Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2002
    I'd ask him for his autograph and I would tell him that I really enjoyed his potrayal of Jar Jar. I wouldn't bother telling him to rise above the the people that hate Jar Jar with a passion as I'm sure he already knows.

"if you don't like jar jar then you may as well not like star wars he is an important part of the whole picture"

I don't think that is a very nice thing to post. I don't really like Anakin in Episode II, so does that mean I might as well not like Star Wars?

15. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Ahmed Best is the Wil Wheaton of Star Wars.

16. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    my point was that these are just movies. and I love these movies. but they are just movies. to hate with a passion any part sort of negates liking the movies.

not ment to be harsh. I like lawerence of arabia but I don't go to a board to discuss it. and even after all this time on these boards I am blown away by the amount of bashing that goes on about these movies that they also "love".

edit:so I do apoligize if it felt mean. sorry.

17. newwillorder

newwillorder Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2004
    "To Ahmed Best: You, sir, are an idiot. "

Bashing Jar Jar is SOOOOO last decade.

It's never the wrong time to bash Jar Jar. It's timelessly fashionable.

I wasn't aware that bashing Ahmed Best ever went into style.

No matter what anyone may think of Jar Jar, how can anyone NOT like Ahmed Best? Have you seen him in making of documentaries and the On Location with Ahmed Best Interview segments (I was very disappointed when they didn't show up on the Episode II DVD)? He seems like the coolest, funniest, most laid-back, and not to mention nicest guy around. I'd love to meet him and hang out with him some time.

18. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "Thank you for ruining Star Wars for my best friend."

19. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    It is DEFINATELY alright to loathe someone with a passion in a movie. Especially with the villains. It's kind of like bacon. One could absolutely HATE it to death, but still accept it enough to use it as their screename. :)

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Semi-Bad character, good performance. I would probably say something along the lines of, "Hey! You're Ahmed Best! Can I get a picture with you? I'm a big Star Wars fan. And I don't want to kill Jar Jar."

-sj loves kevin spacey

21. inkswamp

inkswamp Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    You know... I think I'd just leave the guy alone. Whether you love Jar Jar or not, the character was well-acted and Best did an excellent job in bringing one of the first fully digital characters in a live-action film to life... for better or worse. The man should get loads of praise, but people seem too bullheaded to separate the quality of his work from their reaction to the character. I don't even particularly care for Jar Jar, but Best did a remarkable job with it.

So, I suspect he's probably had his fill of idiotic Star Wars fans. I think the considerate thing to do would be to not bother him at all.

22. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
  23. DARTHMORDOR

Jun 17, 2003
    but bacon tastes good.

and I am jewish.

24. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    I wouldnt recognize him to tell you the truth. :p
    But if I did, I proably wouldnt talk to him. Its not that I hate Jar Jar, I dont mind him because I know his purpose in the films and he doesnt ruin TPM for me but I dont really want his autograph.

25. Loopster

Loopster Jedi Youngling star 4

Sep 26, 2000
    I wasn't aware that bashing Ahmed Best ever went into style.

No matter what anyone may think of Jar Jar, how can anyone NOT like Ahmed Best? Have you seen him in making of documentaries and the On Location with Ahmed Best Interview segments (I was very disappointed when they didn't show up on the Episode II DVD)? He seems like the coolest, funniest, most laid-back, and not to mention nicest guy around. I'd love to meet him and hang out with him some time.

In truth, I wouldn't recognise him either. I wouldn't say anything to him because I'd walk right past him not knowing who he is.

If I was introduced, I'd be civil but definitely wouldn't gush over him. "Oh you're in Star Wars. Cool."

And Jar Jar hating season is year round, 24 hours a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.