main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII First time celebration..questions?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Undercoversith, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Undercoversith

Undercoversith Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2015
    It's me and my wife's first time going and I had a few questions about how some of the event works if yall can bear with me..thanks!

I purchased some tickets through official pix for hamill, mcdiarmid and 70$ of regular tickets..I emailed the gentleman to make sure I'll get my autographs within the two days im there and was reassured since there are numbers on my tickets in order I purchased them. My question is how long did you wait in line for the bigger guests autographs?

Also, how are the folks of the costuming part with taking photos with us tourists? Friendly?

And any other tips on making the most, we are mainly going to see all the new stuff, booths and a few panels but figured yall could tell me more!

Thanks for all the help and response!

2. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm not too knowledgeable about autograph tickets, but here's an article i wrote on to how to photograph costumers:
    Photographing Fans in Costumes
    http://clubjade.net/?p=41684

Costumers for the most part are generally very friendly and love taking pictures with people.

3. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    Regarding the time spent in autograph queues, naturally, the ones with specific tickets take longer. When I waited for Carrie Fisher, it took about 2 hours, but my ticket number was really high (I also waited for the numbers on the pole to change, so that took a while too). I also remember having to wait a longer time for Anthony Daniels but that was because he took a lunch break and he allowed photos at the table (which he's not doing this year, I believe). For those who are 'generic' tickets, the wait times are less. If it's a similar set-up this year, you can get an idea of how big the line might be based on how much space is set aside with those Disneyland-style rope paths. And lastly, the lines are shorter on the last day, but the downside to that is that the person might be tired by that point in the weekend.

4. Undercoversith

Mar 27, 2015
    Thanks! Yea I'm just making sure I get my tickets for me mcdiarmid and hamill as they are big favorites of mine and figured it'd be 2 hours or so! Appreciate the tips any further tips would be helpful!

5. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015

If I have specific tickets, like Mark, Ian, Carrie and Billy, what are the busiest days? I presume Friday and Saturday? What is the opening day usually like?

6. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    As for taking photos of costumers. Most of us love to pose for pictures, but still try to be respectful. Sneaking up behind a Slave Leia and take a photo of what's under her skirt is not respectful for example. Also many costumers can't go back to the hotel room to get changed, so they will need to eat go to the bathroom and so on in costume. If you see someone sitting down and stuffing food in their mouths, or if you meet them outside the bathroom, that's not the right place to take photos.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    If this is your first time be sure to wear comfortable shoes - you'll walk a lot. This isn't the time to break in new shoes or wear stiletto heels (for your wife).

8. Undercoversith

Mar 27, 2015
    Yea Id never approach anyone if they were eating or restroom breaks or even if they were busy with family. I figured Id ask if they were not busy and walking around . Any exhibits I should look for? im making it a big point to get all autographs first thing Friday morning so I can see all of the event the rest of Friday and saturday

9. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015

I just started breaking in my new shoes 2 days ago, but I've got more than 2 weeks and I wear them everyday. Hopefully they'll be ready in time, they're already really comfy anyways, so I should be good. :)

10. klingklang

klingklang Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 12, 1999
    I'm sure others have opinions on this, so don't hold me to it, but I feel the first day and the last day are the easiest because there aren't as many people. Saturday I always found to be crazy because there are tens of thousands of people who are there for one day.

11. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Saturdays are definitely the most crazy. I would also avoid the Celebration Store on Saturday, since there are probably going to be bigger lines than on the other days.

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    An hour or two before closing on the Sunday was a good day at CE for vendor deals. They were knocking down prices to avoid packing stuff up. So if you're there on the Sunday do a final sweep of the vendor area before you leave. You might get some discounts!

JoaquinSlowly likes this.
  13. Oddacon

Oddacon Jedi Knight

Mar 19, 2015

Great tip! I'll be sure to do this.

14. Undercoversith

Mar 27, 2015
    Thanks guys! We are only going Friday and Saturday but I'll be sure to post what I got and autographs if you'd like! Thanks for the tips! I hope they don't show the new Star Wars x wing releases..my wallet hurts..

15. JoaquinSlowly

JoaquinSlowly Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    That is great advice for almost any convention. With my job I've worked 3 of the last 5 NY Comic Cons and I've worked the last 15 San Diego Comicons. And I've found that vendors across the board are interested in liquidating their stock. The more they sell, the less they have to ship home. The less they ship, the less their shipping costs. I've seen it and benefitted from it firsthand many times over the years. Though I've never been to a Celebration before this year, it makes perfect sense that it'd apply to Celebration as well.

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It doesn't go for the Official Celebration Store though they keep the same prices throughout, except that one time at CIV.