main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi First time poster long time reader....

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Catina barman, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Catina barman

Catina barman Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2015
    Hi there,

My first post, have browsed through the forum each day for months now and find it fascinating reading.

Am a Star Wars fan since the Original Trilogy (born in 1976), my fav Star Wars memories are Return of the Jedi as a kid. I have a familiar to many history with Star Wars, my oldest brother had lots of toys from Episode 4, I went to see Episode 4 at the local theatre and then The Empire Strikes Back (found it quite cold and bleak). In the mid to late 80s I watched A New Hope dozens of times, Alec Guinness really impressed me and later when I watched David Lean films recognised him for his earlier work too.

In 1997 I went to The Special Edition of Original Trilogy back to back in one day as well as watching each individually. It was a change from the 1980s as living in New Zealand we used to be months behind the US for film releases then it was sometimes first or next day. I liked the SE, not all of the changes but the best changes added was the improvement of the special effects at the Battle of Yavin.

I never invested any time in the Expanded Universe though...

I of course got sucked into the Hype of The Phantom Menace, as an adult (23 at the time) I preferred the Darth Maul scenes. I went a couple of other times and spent my attention focusing on the Sith stuff. For Episode II I went a few times, I like Corruscant and DEFINITELY want to see it again in the Sequel Trilogy, also Kamino was good planet, Geonosis I wasnt as fussed on the actual planet but the planets ring of rocks I liked. The last scene of the troop ships taking off I liked. Jango Fett and Count Dooku are alright.

Episode III I really like still, The Venator Class Star Destroyers are a really good design, I liked Anakin vs Dooku rematch, and all the Palpatine stuff was a highlight, wasnt perfect but was a really high quality Star Wars movie.

I was looking forward to the live action TV series that was going to happen, but like Rebels (snippets I have watched). The Knights of the Old Republic stuff I like too (my fav part of the legacy of the prequels is the history)

As for The Force Awakens and later films am really looking forward to them all and hoping they drive the Star Wars Universe forwards.

No doubt I might post in some threads but if I have something to say, but just reading the discussions is really good way to unwind in the evenings!

2. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    hey, welcome to the boards! :)

3. Snokers

Snokers Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 8, 2015
    Welcome!

Kamino is one of my favorite planets too, would have loved to have been born in the original Star Wars trilogy era, I grew up when the prequels came out but still saw the original trilogy first.

Enjoy reading/posting on the boards!

4. Catina barman

Catina barman Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2015
    Cheers, cinematic re-releases always a good thing, I missed The Phantom Menace in 3D the other year though, am sure there will be plenty of re-releases over next few decades and more films to come obviously.

On growing up in prequel era you would have related to some of the characters and enjoyed as I enjoyed Wicket in Return of the Jedi, these boards have been an eye opener with those having grown up with prequels and Clone Wars TV series as interesting to get their take on childhood memories about in similar way OT kids have their memories

5. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    welcome to the boards. I remember watching TESB with my dad when I was four when it aired on Fox.

I got into Star Wars at a much later date and started reading through the EU. I went to see all three of the prequels in the theatres.

Any questions please feel free to ask :)