main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi First Time Posting

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Darth Nobunaga, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Nobunaga

Darth Nobunaga Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2018
    Hello,
    I've been a fan of Star Wars for years, almost unconditionally. My dad and I compete about which of us is the bigger fan (he has an unfair advantage, having seen every film at premiere since '77, a feat I can't match given age-related inconveniences), but outside of him, I'm pretty much the only person out of my family and friends whose relationship to the franchise is borderline obsessive. Episodes I-VI collectively make up my favorite film of all time. My gaming and comic hobby are attributed exclusively to getting started through Star Wars games and comics, and pursuing a lot of what inspired the original films led me to getting into a certain nation's history that may or may not have influenced the nature of my avatar. I also love the EU with a burning passion, along with Clone Wars & Rebels.

My interest in the prequels has been what's kept me off Star Wars messageboards for years, especially the latter fallout of the 2000's where the films and anyone who liked them were being ripped to shreds. Fortunately, enough time has passed where I (hopefully) don't have to throw up a SWAT shield when telling people that I liked the politics and world of the prequels.

I look forward to conversing with all of you very soon.

2. firesaber

firesaber Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2006
    Welcome from a fellow SW obsessive and prequel ally. Lots to do here and threads within for love of all aspects of the saga as well as spirited discussions for differing opinions on same.

3. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! You’re now among other like minded fans. :)

It’s cool that your dad was there for the premiere in ‘77. I was there too. :D

Have you found the EU boards yet? Please let me know if I can help you finding everything. Another fun area is Fanfic and the Role Playing boards.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Hey and welcome!! I was there in 77, so probably as old as your dad! LOL Like the Lady says, the EU is where it all goes down!! Join us there! ;)

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Darth Nobunaga -- welcome! All I have to say is OT and REBELS! LOL Yum... I also love the EU with unabashed delight, particularly certain characters, -- not coincidentally those conceived of by Tim Zahn. [face_love]

You will find amazingly riveting fanfics and habit-forming role playing games here. :D

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I got some very good news for you. There is quite a few of us over in the PT section that love those 3 movies.

A lot of love for all the movies.

Anyway if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Darth Nobunaga likes this.
  7. Darth Nobunaga

Darth Nobunaga Jedi Master star 2

Jun 1, 2018
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I really appreciate it. And I can't understate my immense envy for anyone who got the chance to see Star Wars back in theaters back in the day. My dad's been bragging about it for YEARS. Which sucks, 'cause I was never even old enough to see the theatrical re-releases in '97. If Disney wants to make some easy cash, they should consider re-releasing the movies in theaters the next time an anniversary rolls around.

I would literally halt everything in my life to go see Return of the Jedi in all its glory on the big screen.
    I know where the EU boards are after browsing the site a little bit, but it'll be some time before I actually post there. I'm revisiting the EU and reading the portion I had never gotten around to when I was younger (i.e., the latter depths of the Legacy Era like Dark Nest, Legacy of the Force, and Fate of the Jedi), and I'm not keen on encountering any spoilers. Unless of course, there's some kind of Non-Spoiler First Impressions thread where I can post.

Big Zahn fan as well...ESPECIALLY for Mara Jade. She's my favorite EU character by far...I've even considered stockpiling some extra funds to track down that elusive Kotobukiya statue of her. And Rebels is my favorite thing about the Disney Era by far...some of the best Star Wars storytelling I've ever beheld.

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    You could very well stumble upon spoiler since those were released awhile back. Some will spoiler tags for current releases.

9. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Hello there and welcome to the forums - I hope that you will enjoy it here :)

10. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I have a Mara Jade figure.......Like a 12cm type one. She's my precious. I also have two mini Mara figures on the dashboard of my car! [face_love]

11. Kaleesh-Cyborg

Kaleesh-Cyborg Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 4, 2017
    Greetings, @Darth Nobunaga and welcome to the JCF. I myself am a solid fan of Revenge of the Sith and the Clone Wars series, though I have not been a Star Wars fan for very long. I hope you enjoy your time here. This is the biggest online community I have ever been a part of and there are a lot of great people here to connect with.

12. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Welcome to the forums!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.