main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FIRST WEEKLY TASK

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Guys' started by epic , Jul 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    the first weekly task will be, as a group, to design the ULTIMATE movie for the opposite sex. the more creative the better, of course, however it MUST include, at the very least:

* title
    * tagline
    * genre
    * general plot line
    * director
    * list of characters and accompanying movie stars
    * one pivotal scene involving at least 5 characters

and anything else that you think may help. remember: this movie is designed entirely for GIRLS and girls only.

you have until Thursday to unveil your final submission. at this point the public will vote on which one is better. the LOSER will be forced to nominate 2 housemates of their own house and the top two will be up for eviction. the public will decide who they want to kick out and this will occur on Monday.

the winner of the task will also receive colours of their choice from Thursday until Monday. wow.

feel free to plan in this thread, however the final submission needs to be unveiled in its own thread.

-BB

2. GIMER

GIMER Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 15, 2000
    Genre is of course love story I would expect. (chick flick)

It should have the following things in it:

Sparkles
    Hunky Doctor
    Unattractive woman who gets the doctor in the end.
    Someone must be about to die but is saved in the end.
    Babies - maybe they can 'think talk'. Women love that.

continue...

3. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    It will definitely need a woman who feels like she is an ugly duckling in a world of beautiful swans, but who, through her intelligence and ingenuity, is able to win the day and topple whatever challenge faces her, whilst simultaneously transforming into a beautiful swan.

At which point she will win the heart of said handsome doctor-type bloke.

-JR :)

4. starwarsagent

starwarsagent Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    i'm all in! who's on my team?

Edit. I've determined that the main role actress will be played by natalie portman..all those in favor say "HOOOOO"

5. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    We all are.
    It's us against the girls.

6. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    oh? the war of the roses...alright.

Gimer...I leave in 30 mins..if I'm not back..just what i've provided to work on this..I'll be back tonite after 11pm.

we most definitely have to use Nat :)

7. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    Okay, who exactly is going to study the Lifetime channel for this?

8. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Has to be a good RomCom

Am I the only guy who likes these?

*watches the Notebook

9. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    So far:
    ---------------------------
    * title
    * tagline
    * genre : RomCom
    * general plot line
    a woman who feels like she is an ugly duckling in a world of beautiful swans, but who, through her intelligence and ingenuity, is able to win the day and topple whatever challenge faces her, whilst simultaneously transforming into a beautiful swan.

At which point she will win the heart of said handsome doctor-type blo
    * director
    Natalie Portman

---------------------------------------------

suggestions:

Lead: Antonio Banderas? Harrison Ford? ,Orlando? Ewan? Johnny Depp?
    Director: Robert Redford?
    Tagline: Until they found each other, they were so alone.

Ok, how about this.
    He's still a doctor. She's a smart, but mousy looking pet photographer. (glasses, messy hair)
    He brings his dog in to get pictures. (cute dog instead of a baby)
    She notices the dog has a strange looking growth.

She begins to help him on the search to cure his dog, which has them spend many hours together.

She falls in love with him, and gets her girlfriends to help her do a makeover on her and becomes beautiful.
    She finds the cure for the dogs growth.

10. GIMER

Nov 15, 2000
    All right guys. I'm going to be unavailable all day tomorrow as far as I know.
    please add some more ideas to the task when you can.

11. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Not to completely dismiss previous efforts, but I thought I'd throw this idea out there.

Prequel to 300:

Love story between Leonidas and his (future) queen, Gorgo (comedy gold in the name alone!). Gordo is inexplicably strong and independent. Leonidas is the local prince and everybody?s favorite boy. They can?t stand each other.

Gorgo has two really obnoxious sisters who love to tease her with really bad jokes. Gorgo is a tough girl, a tom boy, and very frumpy. All the girls hate her. Gorgo pulls pranks on them. Hilarity ensues.

Two Spartan boys try to play a major prank on Gorgo at the school dance. They dump cow?s blood on her or something. Leonidas, who used to be her best friend, laughs at her. Gorgo loses it and (being inexplicably strong and independent), pulls out a can of whoop ass on the boys and kicks the snot out of them.

Leonidas falls for her.

Gorgo wants nothing to do with him?he?s too full of himself and besides, all the other girls want him.

[Cut to scene with Leonidas holding a musician above his head while the musician plays a harp. Song: In your eyes. Gorgo isn?t moved.]

Leonidas has to fight the wolf and he?s scared. He sends Gorgo a note, asking her to meet him at [insert ?special place? here]. He waits all night [scene with him waiting and her vacillating about going]. She finally decides to show up, but she just misses him by seconds.

After his fight with the wolf, he comes back injured and she nurses him back to health. He finally opens up and shows her his soft, squishy center. She falls in love with him for no apparent reason. She?s all happy and sappy. Goes off to make herself pretty for the big night when Leonidas is supposed to tell everybody who is gonna be his queen.

Right before the big announcement, Leonidas gets cornered by a senator. The senator blackmails by telling him that he has to marry the senator?s daughter or [insert random, meaningless bad-thing here] will happen. Leonidas declares in front of everybody that he will marry this other chick and breaks Gorgo?s heart. Gorgo runs off, crying and Leonidas decides he can?t live without her.

[insert montage of previous scenes with Leonidas standing in one spot and Gorgo in another spot (backs to each other but they?re really far apart). Fade in and out of them together, laughing and being friendly and in love and all that jazz]

We find out from the kindly old aunt that wants Leonidas to be happy but never says anything that Gorgo?s gone into the woods. Leonidas is worried for her so he goes after her, braving [insert big bad monster in the woods here]. He saves her in the nick of time from some grizzly death. They kiss and make up.

Leonidas and Gorgo return to find that Sparta?s taken over by [insert random, unreasonably evil 2D bad guy here]. They secretly gather together 300 scantily-clad and very buff Spartan soldiers (all shirtless, at a minimum) to their side. They fight off the less-sexy looking bad guys and win back the throne.

End with a kiss and the sun setting behind them.

We call it "Two among 300"

12. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    This is my attempt. (with some bits missing)

* title
    Meant To Be.

* tagline
    Love Finds A Way

* genre
    Romance. Finding yourself.

* general plot line
    Tom is a lonely, and shy, convenience store clerk. He attends a charity male auction to raise funds for a new fire engine. The evening is slow, as the men on offer don't impress. As things are drawing to a close, someone suggests that Tom put himself forward. Tom is reticent; he says he's too shy to volunteer. Unfortunately for Tom, those seated nearest to him don't give up that easily, and Tom begins to talk a bit about himself. It turns out he has a Docorate in Computer Science, runs his own business and likes to cook. Everyone is very impressed, and so Tom continues. He says he's not such a good talker, but loves to listen, and in his spare time he likes to build furniture and then have a discussion about where to put it in a room. The room goes wild with interest, and before you know it a group of five ladies make a joint bid of $926. They win!

One of the ladies, Elizabeth, has a teenage daughter.

Far away on the ocean, a romance is blossoming. A young girl, Amy, has fallen for the downtrodden first officer, Kevin, of the magnificent cruiseliner they are travelling on. Unfortuately, the liner meets a sticky end, but Amy and Kevin survive, and fall in love. Kevin has a hard life, forever being at the beckoned call of his buffoon of a captain, but whatever happens he writes his feelings in his diary. This is very important to him. Amy loves that she has finally found a sensitive man.

Meanwhile Tom has a difficult time juggling his five different dates. There are several scenes where he just can't take the lack of basic commitment this evening has required of him. Tom resolves to bring all five ladies together and express himself to them. He schedules the meeting for three days hence. That way he can clean his house top to bottom.

Kevin the downtrodden first officer, is in the Officers' Mess back at HQ. He is dreaming of his beloved Amy, and all the meaningful talks the could be having about their relationship. Instead, he has to listen to his commanding officer, Captain Zachary, regail the room with stupid tails of pointless 'heroism'. It's really getting him down. After he's finished his stories, Captain Zachary summons Kevin to his immediate side and informs him that he's going to fire him, to be replaced by his own brother. The Captain says his brother is in a poor job, and needs direction. Kevin is utterly distraught, and cries. He handwrites a letter to Amy detailing his feelings, and saying that someone called Tom (the brother of the Captain) will be taking his job.

The next day, as Tom is busy arranging flowers in his small appartment, his telephone rings. It's his successful brother. Tom thinks his brother is a horrible person, but he's never been able to say no to him. Some people can just shout louder than others, I guess. Tom has lined up a great new job for him - he'll be first officer on his brother's command! Lot's of meaningless action is assured! Tom is horrified, but cannot say no to his brother. He has to leave that same say - how unreasonable - and so he won't be able to express his true feelings to the five ladies. How will they ever know him as he wants to be known, and find out that he understands how each of them will feel when he says to them he can only keep seeing one of them?

That evening, Elizabeth is talking to her daughter, Amy. Elizabeth, spurred on by Amy's love of Kevin, says she's met someone just as understated and wonderful. His name is Tom. Elizabeth feels a special connection to him, that she knows the other four women didn't feel. Upon hearing this, Amy flies into a rage! And then cries. How can her own mother, her own mother, fall in love with the brother of Kevin's horrid former commanding officer? Just... how? Elizabeth is very sad that Tom is the cause of her daughter's unhappiness.

The next day, Captain Zachary is running a despondent Tom through his brash

13. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Ok. So Everton took it seriously. Way to steal my 5 seconds of thunder, dude. [face_plain]

:p

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    It'll definitely need to be slash.

15. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    The ladies only want slash if it's fanfic. Like Obi-Wan and Anakin making kissy-face. Don't know about movies, though. Then again, women invariably like Broke Back Mountain and that's just one big slash-fic, I've heard. :p

16. Suzuki_Akira

Suzuki_Akira Jedi Master star 7

May 13, 2003
    I suggest Tom Cruise and Susan Sarandon for the lead roles.

17. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004
    Gimer. take this into consideration..

We get natalie portman in a fat suit to play Jedikitty19!

Title- JediKitty19 goes Broadway!

JK19 enters a Subway on Broadway. she orders a tuna footlong Sub. The film takes place in new york..a love story. JK19 goes to broadway in search of the dream to be cast in a play. you know the usual dream. there she meets a handsome young guy (souderwan). He works behind the counter at Subway. Note. I am only using souderwan as an example. It can be anyone we all agree on. just makes sense to use him.

here's some dialogue from my film.

JK19- Hi, hey..U got some tuna?

Souderwan- You see, Subs are good for you. but you must not make noise while you eat.

JK19- Giv'me lots of mayo!

Souderwan- You want cheese with that?

JK19- Yay, Yay! jubb, jubb!

She jumps up knockin' her boots off and hits souderwan in the face..hard, he falls to the floor. He has to be rushed to the hospital where he has his legs cut off. later on he wakes up in the hospital.

Souderwan- What happened?

JK19- Soowwy..I hit U with my boot and you feel head on to the subway window, cracking your head open and the glass cut your legs off.

Souderwan- Will you take care of me?

Here, they fall in love. JediKitty19 takes care of him, feeds him, takes him on walks..they go to Central Park, the brooklin bridge. etc.

They move in. JediKitty19 never makes it on Broadway so she becomes a strip dancer at a local club. Souderwan is stuck at home in a wheelchair bettin' on horses. there is a love scene in the movie. very steamy! I am not sure if Natalie will do this scene, but with the fatsuit on, I'm sure she wouldn't mind.

later in the film, they manage to move on and open a bakery. They become very successful and end up filthy rich. Souderwan, makes nice cakes with colorful designs and he becomes a very famous italian mafia godfather.

The final scene deals with the wedding..where I play the best man, and ASG get's to dance with me. JR- Plays the weddin' with his new rock band. The end.

Copyright@SWA2007 :)

18. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    * title
    Bodger & Badger: The Movie!

* tagline
    Who needs Beaver when you have Badger!

* genre
    RomCom

* general plot line
    Badger wants to take his friend Mousey to Disney Land with him, but he can't let Bodger find out because Mice are not allowed on planes!

* director
    Paul Verhoeven

Bodger: Himself
    Badger: Himself
    Mousey: Herself
    Flight Attendant: Liza Minelli
    Pilot: Sly Stallone
    Mash Potatoes: Itself
    The Chuckle Bros cameo

*Bodger & Badger sit on plane*
    Badger "my bellys rumbling Bodge, I'm going to look for mash potatoes"

Bodger "OK, behave!"

Badger goes to secret hideout in Engine room
    Badger whispers "Mousey! Where are you???"

Mousey "Here I am! Badge I've been making you lovely mash in the engine!!!"

Badger "Oh Mousey! You're a gem...wait a minute...IN THE ENGINE?"

Mouse "Yes, it was nice and warm!"

Badger "Oh my Mousey, I'm going to have to eat all this mash potatoe in 30 seconds or the plane will blow!!!!"

Flight Attendant "Oh!!! What are you doing here? ...Oh my arent you a handsome Badger![face_blush]"

Badger "QUICK MOUSEY RUN, THIS MAD WOMAN WILL DO HORRIBLE THINGS TO ME!"

Pilot "How yo calllinn a horrable wowman? wheeayyy"

[image=http://www.efestivals.co.uk/photos/glastonbury/2002/BodgerBadger-NRG07b.jpg]

19. starwarsagent

Jul 4, 2004

Horrid! where's that Megatron gun? :)

20. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    You've clearly never been a girl

21. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Is anything like, happening with this?

22. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Good question. I suggest we combine our stories, Everton. Or just use yours. It's actually pretty brilliant. If we all agree on that, I can play with it and flesh yours out for the formal submission.

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    You're welcome to do as you please with it. :D

I just thought that if we had at least something down, that would be better than nothing! :p

EDIT: Because the Thursday dear eppies was referring to is tomorrow, right?

24. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Agreed. I'll wait for the others to weigh in.

25. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    My input.
    In light of the two audiences we are attempting to appeal to - women AND SW nerds.....

* title: T.I.T.A.N. 1C

* tagline: Nothing in the Universe could come between them.

* genre: Space Romantic Opera

* general plot line:

T.I.T.A.N 1C, the spaceship of dreams. Also known as Unbreakable, it takes off on April 10th, 3012. On its epic journey across the galaxy, a poor moisture farmer named Jack Dawsolo (who has won himself a place on board the galaxy-going cruiser in a game of sabaac) and a rich girl, Rose DeBobafett Bukator fall in love. However, their fairytale love for one another turns into a struggle for survival on a spacecruiser about to find itself heading to the bottom of the North Atlantic Worm Hole.

Having found someone who truly understands her (and also likes to make vids of her naked), Rose leaves her fiancée Calrissian Hockley for the poor moisture farmer, but when the T.I.T.A.N 1C collides with a huge asteroid on April 14th, 3012, her new life is turned upside down. As the cruiser breaks into two (giving ILM a wonderful opportunity to CGI the **** out of the situation) their love is tested to the limit.

Jack finds a small escape pod for 1, and a space suit with limited oxygen. He places Rose into the pod and dons the suit; they float out into space together, as they watch the awesome T.I.T.A.N 1C imploding in on itself, heading towards the North Atlantic Worm Hole and it's doom.

Jack holds on as long as his oxygen supply will allow, but eventually, as the tears run down Rose's face, he dies and she watches as he floats away from her and into the darkness of space.

Rose, having been saved by a passing spice freighter attempting to do the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs, survives and 84 years later she tells the story about her life on T.I.T.A.N 1C, and her love for Jack, to her trusty astro droid; implanting the tale into his memory files in order that her love for Jack might go on.

* director: James Cameron

------

Last two parts still need sorting.

-JR :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.