Saga Fish and birds, for the PT rewrite contest ghost Qui-Gon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Feb 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Title: Fish and birds for the PT rewrite challenge
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: ROTS
    Characters: OC?s Qui-Gon ghost,
    Genre: HC comfort
    Keywords: order 66, Qui-Gon
    Summary: A crèchemaster and two initiates escape the purge.

Fish and birds

The airtaxi pulled up to the zoo platform, and Crèchemaster Rian Solma and Tosh and Julliu, two 3 year old initiates stepped down from the vehicle. Julliu began to run towards the entrance to the Galactic Zoo. ?Come on, Tosh Let?s go!?

?Boys! Wait for me,? Rian called, watching their small forms as they zigzagged across the plaza.
    The two boys trudged back to join him

?But we just want to see--? Tosh started.

?You?ll see everything you want to see, I promise. Just make sure you can see me, okay? I just want you to be safe.? Both boys nodded, and Rian forced himself to relax.

Tosh and Julliu stood before the site map, which blinked brightly whenever one touched its surface. ?I want to see the gundarks!? Julliu said, pointing at the hologram of the gundarks? cave.

?Mastuh!? Tosh tugged on his sleeve, his lips curved in a bright smile. ?Do they have fish here? Big fish??

?They might,? Rian shrugged, inspecting the site map. ?They do have a small aquarium here. We can stop there if you like.?

?And we have to see the Monir birds! You can feed them, see? You can feed them seeds? Look!?
    ?And we have to see the kinrath, and the kath, and we have to go see the dragonflies, see??

Rian could feel the excitement from Julliu and Tosh and he smiled. ?Where do you want to go first??

?Gundarks!? Julliu shouted.

?Big fish!? Tosh shouted, shaking his head at Julliu.

?Okay. Let?s do the Gundarks first, since they?re closer, and then we?ll check out the fish. How does that sound??

---

Standing before the great panels in the central arena of the aquarium, Rian stood back several paces, watching the two boys stand with their hands pressed against the plastiglass. In the aqua light shining through the massive tank, a halo of blue seemed to surround both of them as they laughed together over a shared joke. Tosh traced the movement of several tiny fish, drawing his finger across the glass.

Rian remembered Obi-Wan?s story after he came back from Naboo telling him about Qui-Gons remark ?There is always a bigger fish.?

?There is always a bigger fish? Rian said after Tosh showed him a fish that was as big as his hand. After the fish, they went to the bird feeding.

?Gween biwd like in heawews? Tosh said.

Julliu said ?no little birds but these are nice birds.?

Tosh said ?hey a man!?

Julliu looked in his direction and said ?he is blue?

Tosh said ?a ghost but he is not scawy?

Rian heard them and saw a familiar figure. He wispered ?Qui-Gon!?

Qui-Gon said ?don?t go back to the Jeditemple. Take these two children and board the first transport that leaves for Alladea on Alderaan. I will guide you. Come.?

Rian sensed some urgency coming from Qui-Gon and he opened himself fully to the Force. He was assaulted by a feeling of dread but because of the two little children he hid that feeling. He said ?come Tosh, come Julliu do you want to see a big bird?

Tosh said ?yes big biwd?

Julliu asked ?where??

Rian said ?come, that ghost will guide us? and he took the two little hands in his big hands and followed Qui-Gon.

An automated airtaxi zoomed close and they boarded it and it departed to the nearest spaceport.

?Hey big metal biwd?

?Can it fly??

?Yes and we are going with him.?

Unseen by some clone-troopers that were patrolling the area around the spaceport Rian got three tickets and to his surprise no ID?s were checked. But looking behind the counter he saw a blue form and he knew.

Getting to the gate where the small transport was waiting proved no problem at all and when asked who they were Rian answered ?Rian Ammer with his nephews Julliu and Tosh Ammer.?

The guard checked their papers and said ?have a nice trip home.?

Aboard the transport Qui-Gon instructed Rian and he said ?I will help you and when
  2. Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh, the innocence of children. I wonder if Rian will ever tell them how close they came to being killed in the Jedi Purge, if a certain Jedi Ghost had not interfered?

Nice work, earlybird. :)
  3. KELIA Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I'm glad Rian was able to get the younglings to safety without them knowning what was going on.

At least they were spared that for now

This was a very sweet story.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=
  4. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    =D=

Yes, you do write children in a believable way. Thanks, dear Bird!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.