main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Hard to imagine anything worse than an elementary school shooting. Probably the most depressing thing I've read all year.

My prayers with the families and friends of the victims.

2. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    There seems to be a pattern here. The Portland Mall Shooter, the Dark Knight shooter, and the guy behind this were all in their early 20s. Seung-Hui Cho the VT shooter was in his late twenties but still might fit with that. I gotta wonder what is going on that is seemingly creating these individuals. I've read this dudes father was found dead at another scene and his girlfriend has also been reported missing.

This is definately the most depressing thing that's happened all year.

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, someone mentioned that in Community, how they're all in their early 20s. Quit their job, drop out of school. It saddens me that we hear such similar stories so much.

I really cannot imagine how this will impact the families of the victims or the surviving kids. That's gotta be real tough on elementary school kids, what with survivor's guilt. Who knows how that will manifest at such a young age.

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, on another note. A couple reps from Samsung visited and gave hands on training today. I talked to the trainer for the while afterward along with some really nice manager and got offered a job.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Seerow likes this.
  6. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    My heart goes out to the victims and their loved ones. Horrible, horrible, horrible.

Seerow: Congrats!

Seerow likes this.
  7. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Congrats. It's always good to be in demand, professionally.

Seerow likes this.
  8. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I think I put about 5 contact lenses in the same eye this morning... Grr!

9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Hobbit was incredible. Not quite up to par with the Lord of the Rings, but what is? This film will definitely see improvement when watched in marathon mode. But still, holy crap was it engrossing. The Orcs, while not the makeup genius from LOTR, were nonetheless some of the best CGI I have ever seen, especially on Azog's warband.

10. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Thanks!

It is cool to get the offer and be in demand although its still not what I went to school for. But it'd be better than where I'm at (Or is this one of those grass isn't always greener things?). -crosses fingers-

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  11. Cary_the_Brave

Cary_the_Brave Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 5, 2012
    What is this world turning into? I remember a time when I was a young scamp that I could walk in a theater without feeling threatened, and go to school and get an education and not feel afraid. Something's gotta be done.

12. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    What's with all the 2nd Amendment haters in this thread?

/joke in poor taste

AkashKedavra_93 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Jokes aside, extensive arguments about the 2nd amendment aren't going to bring those kids (or the six adults) back.

This is way too emotional for me on so many levels.

That said, I've seen jokes in much worse taste than that one.

14. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I don't want to be associated with this species anymore.

15. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    THEN WHY ARE YOU HERE!?

I kid, I kid. :p

LordMortis315 and JackG like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I can't speak for him; I got lost on the way to Pandora.

[​IMG]

17. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Damn, you're hot.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    [face_batting] :p

I wouldn't mind having braids like that IRL..

19. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
  20. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was incredible. They had roughly a third of the narrative to work with and they accomplished it with superb aplomb. The visuals were phenomenally beautiful, especially with the opening (dwarves) and ending sequences. Gandalf was a delight as usual and Martin Freeman was a brilliant Bilbo Baggins. The storyline was relatively well-done and the tantalizing cliffhanger was great.

9.5/10

QuangoFett and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  21. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    [face_alien] "Easier to see, the future should now be..."[face_alien]

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Ian McKellen looked like he was having the absolute time of his life with the role. Andy Serkis probably was too -- they absolutely nailed the ring scene.

I had been concerned beforehand that they wouldn't be able to make the first part into a film in its own right without making it seem like 1/3 a film, but the
    Thorin/Bilbo plot
    was a good choice on which to base the first movie.

QuangoFett and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    American Black Bear vs the wrought iron gates at the front door of my house. He broke in and got trash from one end of the courtyard to the end of the driveway and broke the hell out of the screen around the pool as well. Been an eventful morning. I just hope he doesn't decide to break down the door and come in next time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    [face_hypnotized] Yikes! That's kinda scary...

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, I'm pretty terrified. The neighbors spotted him in their own yard and said its the biggest black bear they've ever seen. Its amazing what he did to that gate. I'm worried it really might try and come in the house next. I called Fish and Wildlife and ofcourse the bears have more rights than I do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.