Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. DarthTalgus Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    i just read the amazing spider-man issue 700 and im so shocked ..
    WARNING MAJOR PLOT DETAIL FOLLOWS!
    Click at your own risk. -Sx3
    Show Spoiler
    Peter Parker dies :_|
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Dec 27, 2012
  2. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    You saw all those movies?! Good grief! [face_hypnotized] I usually only have time to see one or two a year!
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Same here, not to mention how expensive theaters are here.
  4. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    I've not seen either Ghost Rider film, so I can't offer my own opinion. I just recall both of them being almost universally slammed as being terrible. This is the first remotely favorable thing I've seen about it.

Show Spoiler
    I was wondering how that was going to play out. A ballsy move, but at the same time I think a lot of the superhero lines are in desperate need of a reboot (or a non-reboot new beginning like they're doing with Superior Spider-Man). After 50 years of continuity in some cases, it's a bit intimidating for new readers with the exception of spin-off continuities like The Ultimates. If I bought 10 comic books a month, it'd still be 6-7 years before I was caught up.
  5. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    I saw most of them for $5 or at the $3 theater in Vancouver.
  6. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I have a lot of time off during the summer and our local theaters offer Monday-Thursday matinees for $5 in the summer months. I saw Brave and The Amazing Spider-Man that way.
  7. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Guess we need some different chains in FL or I just need to get farther from the attractions. It'll got me atleast $17 to see a movie around noon here. There aren't any mom and pop theaters left here, all the ones around here are the big stadium seating one and put them out of business and then the $1 theater is out of the way and shows movies already out on DVD. Honestly at that point I'd rather redbox the Blu-rays.
    Last edited by Seerow, Dec 27, 2012
  8. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
    $17 for a single ticket?
  9. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Yep. That's a single ticket here. You want popcorn and a drink, you'll spend $40 easy for a single person watching the movie. I think its because the theaters here are all the big fancy stadium seating ones and the prices are also jacked because I'm so close to the attractions.
  10. CT-867-5309 Force Ghost

star 5
  11. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Yeah, that's nuts. I paid $10 to see Lincoln and that was full price on a Saturday night. And all our theaters are AMC or Regal; there's a $1.50 theater at the other end of the county but I think it's a chain too.

Popcorn and a drink is about $6 for the cheapest package, which to me is still too high.
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, Dec 27, 2012
  12. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    It's $10 here at most. $5-$7 matinees depending on the day. It would be like $15 for a 3D film.

I would not have any guilt for keeping my 3D glasses from one film (say Prometheus-3D) and then buying a regular ticket for the Hobbit but then going into Hobbit-3D with my 3D glasses :p
    Last edited by TaradosGon, Dec 27, 2012
  13. Senator Kelberry Force Ghost

star 3
    The nice theater with the comfy seats in the next town over that i usually go to charges 6.50 for a bargain matinee these days...unless you go to the big psuedo-IMAX screen they have then they tack on $3 more. I usually eat before I go to a theater because the food just isn't worth it. (Though I will occasionally buy an ICEE)

I remember with fondness the days of my youth when bargain matinees were $3 and the tickets didn't have timestamps on them, so you could pay for one ticket and see the same movie however many times you wanted. It's the main reason why "The Rescuers Down Under" holds the record for me for most times seen in a movie theater at 27 times, because I was one bored kid with nothing better to do that holiday season and I'd spend my Saturdays there watching it over and over (and I actually really liked it).
    AkashKedavra_93 and CT-867-5309 like this.
  14. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Show Spoiler
    I give them a year before they bring Pete back. :p

The second one has the advantage of being directed by Neveldine/Taylor, the brilliant team behind the Crank movies. Basically, they held nothing back with this movie, and Nic Cage was especially over-the-top. I wouldn't really call it a great film, but it was highly entertaining, a lot more fun than the first. Idris Elba was also great here.
  15. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    For comparison. I over exaggerated slightly. I paid $15.00 to see The Avengers the first time in Orlando proper. I paid $7.50 in Merritt Island to see it the 2nd time, which is nearer to the Space Center area.
  16. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    From today's edition of anakinfan's "WTF?" files: from what I just saw in Target, Tampax is selling "radiant" tampons.

Um, no. Just no. There is no way to market that time of month to look "radiant."
    AkashKedavra_93 and Seerow like this.
  17. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hey Talgus, thanks for saving me the trouble of having to read the entire issue.:mad:

:p
  18. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I think the marketing is more toward the radiant smell. =b

Radiant and U.
  19. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Seerow, I know how you feel. I mostly go to Melbourne to see films (because they actually come out on time there), and it's normally $18 as a student to see a film. Absolute rip-off. As such the only films I've seen at the cinema this year are TPM3D, Skyfall, TDKR and The Amazing Spider-Man. I want to see Les Mis and The Hobbit before the year is out, too.
  20. TaradosGon SWTV Mod - Like Palpatine with animals

Manager
    star 4
    You're Australian, right? I remember Australians on another message board telling Americans to stop complaining about the price of things. The consensus seemed to be that everything was charged an arm and a leg over there relative to the U.S. Eighteen dollars is ridiculous. What's more it's nearly double what I'd pay in Michigan, and I'm surprised a theater in Florida would charge nearly as much in Seerow's case.
    Last edited by TaradosGon, Dec 27, 2012
  21. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Yep, the smell is, uh, radiant.

For your viewing amusement:

[IMG]

The disco vagina jokes may commence.
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, Dec 27, 2012
  22. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Its all the nearest ones. -shrug.- Its not nearly as expensive up in Daytona.

For ultimate protection experience put some sparkles in your vag. xD
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  23. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    I have no guilt about keeping my 3-D glasses. I have special edition ones for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2, The Phantom Menace, and The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. There is no way in hell I'm recycling those.

The most I've ever paid for a ticket was $17.50 and that was for The Dark Knight Rises in IMAX (notably I don't do IMAX very often).
  24. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I've kept the 3D glasses before. I also kept the ones from the Spiderman ride at Universal before. I'm a thief. <<;
  25. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I think I paid that for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in 3D IMAX.