main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I've kept the 3D glasses before. I also kept the ones from the Spiderman ride at Universal before. I'm a thief. <<;

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I think I paid that for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in 3D IMAX.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    I really don't want to think of all the money I've spent on the Harry Potter films...

Paparazzo likes this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I only saw that one and Prisoner of Azkaban on IMAX; PoA was in the Fort Worth area with a friend and we decided to experience it.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    OMG, I hate god damn Asus. I hate that company with everything in me. Why the hell does the company I work for have to start selling their products? It drives me up the wall because they are the lowest of the low.

Once upon a time, Asus was a great company. They were up there Lenovo and Fujitsu back in the day when it came to quality machines. The old Asus W3 series were some of the best 14 inch laptops ever produced and georgous to look at if I say so myself. Then when they moved from being more about business and boutique rigs the company just nose dived. Asus is a company that makes a buttload of different products. I've heard they spend ridiculous mounts on R&D. They come up with alot of stuff that looks awesome but it all ends up being lacking in quality.

I'd put them on the rung a mile below Acer or even Avertec from back in the day. OMG I feel like my brain is hemorrhaging just from having to talk to them for about 40 freaking minutes. I really feel for my poor customer. If you already can't tell I go way back with Asus.

To multiple motherboard failures on my desktop. Dude, I had an issue with an Asus motherboard where I tried to upgrade the ram and when I ran a mem check to make sure the ram sticks I was buying were good kept coming up with errors. I had the same issue with sticks from Adata, Patriot, and Crucial. Then realized the problem was that slot was screwing them up. I got Asus to replace it after going in circles with them and had the same problem with the same slot on the replacement. They replace it with a whole other model and had the same problem. That's just the tip of issues I've had with Asus motherboards.

I had an Asus W7S notebook that died like two days outside the warranty and was nothing but trouble, to the point where I said screw it and parted that son. Then I had an Asus EeePC Netbook. Sent that stupid thing in multiple times for failed screens. I don't know what the hell was up with those piece of crap 10 inch panels Asus was putting in them and worse, one time they returned it to me without any screws in the screen bezel, they were all left out. Seriously, what? Who forgets to check and make sure all the damn screws are back in? That thing literally fell to pieces on me. The area between the hinges separated in two through the normal wear of opening and closing the screen. Eventually it was unusable and since the parts on a netbook are pretty damn worthless it sits in pieces in my closet. That's just part of it, I do customer service so I'm pretty understanding and nice to other support reps but the time I lost to those morons just made makes me want to scream. I will never own another of their products. Sorry Nexus 7.

Now I have to deal with them here? Acer, Novatel, and Blackberry are bad enough but Asus? I had a poor customer call in with that stupid Asus Vivo Tab RT piece of **** tablet and couldn't setup any email addresses on the device's push based email. Should be automatic. I had not trouble with it. I tried manual setup with correct incoming and outgoing servers. Nada. Not hotmail, not gmail, not freaking aol, not even yahoo. Ofcourse its brand new and I have virtually no info what so ever on the damn thing. The only thing I got is two days worth of experience with my own Windows 8 tablet which I had no problems with, thank you M*ing Acer. Customer gets told email passwords are incorrect when he can sign in just fine through Internet Exploder. WIFI vs. 4G LTE or even locked into 2G makes no difference.

So, I suck it up and call Asus for some support on their device. Get a guy who surprisingly is U.S. based but had no clue what the hell is going on. Can't even find the serial number of the device. I guessed where it is. He proceeds to ask for the same info atleast 10 times like he doesn't even know what the Vivo Tab is or have any more info on it than I do. Then he feeds me garbage about needing to create different usernames to setup more than one email address which doesn't even have anything to do with problem. My customer can't setup any email addresses.

So frustrating since customers see this as all one big problem and I'm almost certainly going to get a bad survey over stupid Asus. Why? Why? Why? [/rant]

Paparazzo and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    [​IMG]
    ...that came out of Seerow?

Actually, come to think of it I recall being at Best Buy last summer with a friend who got into an argument about an Asus computer with a Geek Squader. I had no idea what the trouble was at the time, but it seemed Geek Squader was royally miffed at the company and didn't want to work on Asus products.

7. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    You're motherboard problems with ASUS sound like my motherboard problems with EVGA. :p
    I agree on their computers and tablets being crap, but the motherboards they make for 2nd and 3rd gen i-Core chips are actually pretty good. It's almost like they're made by 2 separate companies. The Sabertooth X79 I've got in my desktop had a much better build quality than the equivalent EVGA and had pretty good reviews on NewEgg. <-Not that I trust those. So far it's been the most reliable motherboard I've had. My friend's ASUS "entertainment" desktop on the other hand dies every other week.

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    you are motherboard problems

Coric likes this.
  9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I only trust new egg user reviews so far. I've had problems with a few Asus motherboards. I understand alot of people swear by Asus motherboards the way I swear by Thinkpad for notebooks but I'm a consumer with limited resources and a company can only burn me so many time. Asus has pretty much made me a 4 alarm fire a few times.

Lol, sorry. I'll just got to my corner now.

10. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Some pieces from the INCREDIBLE Les Misérables!

Epilogue (Entire Cast):

On My Own (Samantha Barks):

I Dreamed a Dream (Anne Hathaway):

Master of the House (Helena Bonham Carter and Sacha Baren Cohen):

Empty Chairs at Empty Tables (Eddie Redmayne):

Seerow, Barriss_Coffee and fistofan1 like this.
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I think what they're trying to say is that their tampons are so absorbent they can soak up the radioactive waste of your vagina, protecting those around you.

You can build a fallout shelter with a single layer of these.

These tampons can block gamma rays better than lead, so that means Superman can't eye your vag if you're wearing them.

Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Superman: I can't see into Lex Luthor's compound. He must have lined it with Tampax radiant plastic.

Seerow and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Hah, could be a magical girl series. The magical Radiant Lady powered by magical radio active tampons bought at Target. She fights for love, justice, and absorbency.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Coming to a Saturday morning Cartoon Network slot near you. Immediately after watching TCW, young impressionable males will learn enough about female anatomy, physiology and mood swings to scar them for life.

Seerow likes this.
  15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL... the sad thing is that really does remind me of why Cartoon Network dropped Sailor Moon.

16. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    When no-one was looking, Lex Luthor took forty packs of tampons. He took 40 packs of tampons. That's as many as four tens.

And that's terrible.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  17. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Killed it...

18. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Lex Luthor will stoop to any level, even stealing feminine hygiene products from his local Walgreens to thwart Superman. He could easily afford them, but he's too embarrassed to go through the checkout.

For those times that he finds himself at the corner of: Kryptonian about to save the day and all out of Kryptonite.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Oh lord. I know how to defeat superman now! You know those stories of women who smuggle like meth up their privates? Well... glowing green tampons..

20. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    And not to change the subject but there is a mama cat with some skinny little baby kittens out in the parking lot. Takes everything in me not to want to take them all home.

21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd call animal control to see if they can be taken in and adopted. Do you have a no-kill shelter there?

I'd want to take them home too.

22. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    [face_devil]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

(OK, I'm done).

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    ROFL, that's so horrible and yet so awesome. I'm glad all my QA's are done. This is how women take over the world. Rise up ladies! Thank you for innovating Tampax. xD

I think you quoted the wrong post Tarodos. xD

I don't think there is a no kill shelter around. Damn my bleeding cat lover's heart. Honestly I'm talking with co-workers about capturing atleast the kittens and splitting two each. I know that sounds harsh but its going down into the 30s here tonight (not complaining. =b) and kittens don't look very healthy. Also, they are at an age to where they'll need to be socialized with people soon or they'll not make good pets. The primary danger would be getting attached and keeping them.

24. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Kittens generally wouldn't be too hard to home, even if placed in shelter that conducts euthanasia. It's the older ones, because people just HAVE to have a kitten/puppy, even if they have no business owning one.

**My family used to breed Soft-coated Wheaten Terriers and there were strong feelings among my parents that someone that is 80+ years old has no business getting a puppy, and would not sell them to older folk, yet it didn't stop these people from trying. It mostly had to do with the belief that they would not have the energy to properly care for a young animal, also the burden that the animal might become to someone should it (likely) outlive the owner, and the difficulty there is in housing an older animal at that point.

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I remember one time I tried to adopt a young adult cat from a Petsmart adoption drive hosting by some local organization. I brought the old ladies the vet records for my two current cats and they still told me 'no' because I already had the two cats and I was only 20. Sucks the most for that cat IMO. Would have had a wonderful home with me. Then again sometimes I worry when I'm an old lady. I mean older than the old lady I am now that I might become the crazy cat lady.

The kittens should be easy to place but they need socialization first. I'm sure they'll be easy to find homes. Unless everyone suddenly get superstitious since they are all four solid black.

I only think folks should refused to sell animals for birthdays or Christmas and stuff like that. An animal isn't like an iPad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.