main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Prior to the move, I had two of them... Darth Maul on Tatooine and a green Quinlan Vos.
    We hit the temp boards and at first, I changed that thing like every hour.:p

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup, I remember your Quinlan Vos.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol, the Padawan is a meatball head! xD

I just don't have the attention span to leave my stuff alone so I change it constantly. Everytime I see a cool picture or to show off current and fast changing fads I go through. I think the longest a single one of mine has lasted is a week. We'll see with Cut. That's not to say I don't see the point in having a single avatar. There are folks around here who have become personified to me by avatars they've had a very long time.

eht13 likes this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I don't know if that's really cute or frightening....

I have a horrible (hilarious?) time on this site sometimes because I think of people in terms of their icons. Sx3 is always Quin in my mind. And you're apparently now Iron Man. It can be quite hilarious because I always hear the posts as if they're spoken by the character in the icon.:p

eht13 and Seerow like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My niece is a girly-girl so she's getting my Padme dolls. All the other children in my family are boys, and they're all full-blown recruits. One of my nephews refers to Darth Vader as his "cousin". I think my siblings secretly hate me. :p

As far as avatars, there is a part of my brain that became convinced that people who kept the same one, actually looked like their avatar. It happened more on the IGN boards for some reason, maybe because we kept that server for years, but there are a few posters who I envision resembling Luke Skywalker.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ah, **** it, look what you people made me do. I made a third avatar.

[​IMG]

7. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm tempted to make dozen or two more socks to give that the "like" quota it deserves.

8. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Haha, nice. So now I'll feel a little bad when I do inevitably change my avatar again, since you'll apparently be thrown off by me not being Iron Man anymore. :p And you are currently... a lady riding a dewback and talking to Batman?

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Damn. If people are hearing posts as spoken by avatars, does that make me one of the ents from the Tolkien books?

10. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    You young whippersnappers never heard of Carmen Sandiego?!?:p

11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks for the young part (I'm 38). :p Carmen Sandiego yes, but riding a dewback and talking to Batman?

12. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 6, 2013
    I never realized it was a dewback....I thought it was the T-Rex in the batcave....

Seerow likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Its getting too personal in here, I'm 72 btw.

eht13, Seerow and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm Danny Tanner. My age (and mullet length) varies depending on what season you're watching.

Seerow and CT-867-5309 like this.
  16. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm 41. Which isn't old if you're a tree.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Will be joining u shortly, classmate. ;)
    Then you might like this... There is/ was a group of users here that refer to me as Master Vos and not because of my old avatar. I gave writing a spin and RPF'd him for 3 or 4 years in Galaxy at War. So, in honor of your quirkiness... SC20130108-232214-1.jpg
    Thiis image reminds me of Lenny's 'I belong to you, and you? You belong to me too...' Just sayin.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  18. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Most un-Jedi-like behavior!

19. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Heh heh hehhh...

20. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, my niece is the only girl and the only young kid around. Shes still pretty girly but she thinks I'm thee coolest person (to bad she is the only one) ever so its easy to recruit her into stuff. So she watches TCW with me sometimes. I've taught her tell apart the clones and shes good at it. She watched some of AOTC and ANH with me when I did my marathon (shes just turned 5 and sitting for more than 15 minutes at a time isn't something she is good at me). LOL she didn't believ me when I pointed Natalie Portman out to her.

Not my fault. =b

That Avatar was epic.

21. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
  22. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    For some reason, LACWAC seems to be more friendly than the other forums on this site - Every time I go to the Episode VII forum, I'm constantly witnessing canon wars and thread policy arguments...but that of course could be due to the fact that I've spent most of my time there in the EU and Ep. VII thread...[face_plain]

Still, it just seems that people in LACWAC get along a lot better...

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  23. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Well I'm glad to hear that! And we never argue here in the LACWAC, that's just how we roll :) *Five minutes later someone comes on and starts a huge fight in this thread* Lol.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I just thought of this joke.

Why did Ahsoka never make a good doctor? Because she never had any patience!

You'll get it if you interpret 'patience' differently.

25. Fives_Says_No_To_Sixes

Jan 6, 2013
    kinda needs to be spoken...but you get it nonetheless....very nice. [face_laugh]

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.