Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Waltz is one of those guys who steals any movie he's in. Hell, he made the otherwise terrible Green Hornet movie watcheable whenever he was on screen.
  2. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV - Vacationing and stuff

Manager
    star 5
    I enjoyed both Zero Dark Thirty and Django, but I'd probably recommend Django. Waltz was indeed great and if it weren't for what is apparently an amazing performance from Tommy Lee Jones in Lincoln (haven't seen it) he'd easily nab every best supporting actor award this award season. (though he has gotten some) This was probably Jamie Foxx's best performance since Ray, and Leo was great as he pretty much always is.

I was annoyed by Zero Dark Thirty's ad campaign that highlighted Joel Edgarton's role* in the film... when he doesn't appear until about 2 hours into the damn thing. [face_frustrated] Otherwise it was a great movie and Jessica Chastain really sold it.

*Joel Edgarton was Owen in the prequels, but he's more recently been in Warrior, an absolutely fantastic film.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Uncle Owen Lars helped find the most dangerous person in the world? I guess he's equal with Luke now, lol.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  4. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Uncle Owen and Andy Dwyer are lethal enforcers.
    SithStarSlayer likes this.
  5. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Fellow LACWACers, I passed my practical driving test today! Oh yeah! [face_dancing]
  6. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    Very Merry Congratulations bro! Maybe I'll see you on the road in the summer!
    Billy_Dee_Binks likes this.
  7. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Congrats!

"Have you ever noticed anyone who drives slower than you is a idiot and anyone going faster than you is a maniac?"
    Last edited by Seerow, Jan 31, 2013
  8. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks! I'm afraid it's unlikely I'll make it out to your neck of the woods during the summer, though. I'll only be in California between March and April.

He he he!
    I noticed that I have to be careful not become either one of those either. Seems like it's a slippery slope when your mind is elsewhere while your steering a vehicle.
    Last edited by Billy_Dee_Binks, Jan 31, 2013
  9. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    As in I'll be in Austria in June.
  10. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Hey, me too! (seriously)
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  11. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    Yeah we'll be in Innsbruck, then Salzburg and Vienna. About a week or so before we drift off to Prague.
  12. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Nice! I'm also going to Prague, and Budapest, Krakow and Warsaw too!
  13. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    Btw guys, I really appreciate everyone who has gone the extra effort to use spoiler tags, even when you didn't have to. Thank you.

I've only got about 30 more hours to go.
  14. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Okay, this get-together is so happening! :cool:
    I'll be off to Georgia shooting for my documentary one week during the summer months, but if you guys can give me enough of a heads-up, I can make sure it's not around the time either of you are in town.

You two can always contact me if you need some Vienna-related info.
    JackG and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Morning all.

Sinus **** is fun. I'm talking like General Grievous today. My kids are pleased.

Yes, Anakin, I am shorter than you expected.
    eht13 likes this.
  16. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Hope u feel better!

Either you joined here when you were like five, or its better late than never. :p

The Americans.

FX has a winner.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  17. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV - Vacationing and stuff

Manager
    star 5
    Nice. That show does look cool, and FX almost always delivers. I'll definitely check it out.

Though, I'm also intrigued by NBC's new show Do No Harm, even though it almost seems like a re-tooling of Awake, which I guess got low ratings.
  18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm bored. Reddit's under heavy traffic, Virgin Media can't connect me to Xbox Live, and I'm getting tired of having nothing but Django and Eminence to rewatch over and over. So, to give me something to do, I'm dumping some choice EDM. First two are super heavy, third is solid dubstep, fourth is a lot lighter and bouncier, and number 5, well...quite possibly the best track ever made.

Last edited by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Feb 1, 2013
    Jordan1Kenobi and rumblewagon like this.
  19. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Found myself mumbling in Russian, shortly after settling in... so yeah, it rocked.
  20. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    I love Knife Party! This track is really good, but 'Bonfire' and 'Internet Friends' are my favourites :D
    Last edited by Jordan1Kenobi, Feb 1, 2013
    ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Both of those are good too, as is Fire Hive, but Centipede was one of those songs that just instantly put a massive smile on my face after drop. It still does, and I've listened the **** out of it. Same goes for all the others I posted.
    Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  22. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Time to delve into Fanboy's EDM library, volume 2: Drum & Bass edition. These are all absolute bangers. The first three should get progressively heavier as we enter the dark depths of neurofunk and deathstep, then we'll come back up to the surface for some fresh air and some uber chill liquid funk.

23. Sgt Crowfield Chosen One

star 4
  24. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
  25. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Dance and electronic is my favourite genre of music, my favourite dance and electronic artists are David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Skrillex, Knife Party, Swedish House Mafia, Rudimental, Avicii, Diplo, Afrojack and Steve Aoki. Here's a few of my favourites from last year :D

Last edited by Jordan1Kenobi, Feb 2, 2013