Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I still adore the Make 7, up yours! commercials.
  2. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Paging Doctor Detroit...
  3. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    Ah yes, Jingle All The Way. Saw it in theaters with my parents when I was a kid and to this day own it on VHS (although it got mold damage).
    I used to watch it over and over with a friend of mine, we'd make fun of the characters, Jake Lloyd's Jamie especially (we were nine to eleven at the time). Then, a while later, I had found out he'd be playing the role of Anakin Skywalker in the new Star Wars movies and I got pretty jealous of the kid.[face_blush]

In 1999, I went to see my second TPM viewing with said friend. I remember us snickering a bit whenever the scene revolved around Anakin.

I have since matured a lot. I've even been "FB friends" with Jake Lloyd for a couple of years now.
    Though, watching Jingle All The Way with that friend is still kind of an annual holiday tradition.
    Last edited by Billy_Dee_Binks, Feb 8, 2013
    Seerow likes this.
  4. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
  5. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I hope it's more KoTOR than TOR. But seriously: this could be awesome!
  6. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I don't drink coffee (stopped drinking it after college), but I usually want some caffeine every day, so diet cola it is (usually Diet Coke or Coke Zero). But I'm with Todd, I'm more of a beer enthusiast. It's the only alcohol I drink now (stopped drinking wine and liquor around the same time I stopped drinking coffee, haha).
  7. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ditto. And, plus one... :)
    Garth Maul likes this.
  8. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    That's really cool. Jingle All The Way is one of my favorite Christmas movies and I watch it every year. Its still funny. Still love the part where Arnold about catches his neighbors house on fire and is giving beer to a rain dear. LOL, I do think of Jamie a few times when watch TPM.
  9. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    they seem to want to set this in The Dark Times, which, while I appreciate for not following another Bioware game, I'm kinda bored with. The Dark Times are turning into the next prequel era glut.
    Garth Maul likes this.
  10. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Yes, I think they do better with mostly unexplored eras.

I've been waiting such a long time for a good SW game. :p

Edit: red wine, craft beer, coffee, Coke Zero.
    Last edited by Garth Maul, Feb 8, 2013
  11. Sgt Crowfield Chosen One

star 4
    I love coffee, I love many sorts of beer, and I like several sorts of lemonade - but I get sick after drinking wine (and I don't need much to get this far).
  12. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    New bed arrived, woohoo! Now to build it...
    Sgt Crowfield and Seerow like this.
  13. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I like regular old lemonade, with honey used to sweeten it rather than sugar.

Congrats on the bed. Ikea then? Good think I'm not putting it together. x.x;
    Last edited by Seerow, Feb 8, 2013
    Paparazzo likes this.
  14. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I've never heard of that before, do you make it yourself or buy it from shops?
  15. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    That just the way my grandmother made it. I tend to make lemonade myself.

I saw 8 bald eagles on the way to work today. 4 pairs.
    Garth Maul likes this.
  16. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Re. the eagles... that's awesome. I love what a successful recovery that species has had.
    Seerow likes this.
  17. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Baldies are fairly common in FL but I don't normally see so many. Alot of people mistake them for turkey vultures or assume they are vultures in flight. Really they are easy to spot on sunny days when their white heads and tails pretty much glow. The wings are also jet black as to where the vulture has translucent primaries and holds it wings in more of a 'v'.
  18. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Tesco Direct *gag*

I think I'll save it till tomorrow. I've had the current one for so long that its deflated (was fabric spread over a wooden frame thing) and the mattress had ruined the bedsheet from where the springs have uncoiled out. Last uncomfortable night.
  19. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    How do you do it? Is it a secret recipe? :p
  20. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Definitely. We've got them in Georgia, but I don't really see them much at all here in metro Atlanta. Lots of Turkey Vultures and Black Vultures though. We also see Red-Tailed Hawks pretty often too.
  21. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    4-6 lemons, eyeball the water (like 6 cups?) and then eyeball the honey (3/4 cups?). The secret might have been honey I guess if it was supposed to be one.

Red-tailed hawks (hah, Tobias) live here but I don't see them to often. They like more open areas. I mainly see Red-Shouldered Hawks and Ospreys here. Lots of Turkey Vultures and Black Vultures. In the summer months I see lot of Swallow-Tailed Kites. Those are the coolest looking birds and incredibly agile in flight.

[IMG]
    Paparazzo likes this.
  22. Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master

star 2
    How do people mistake them? They look nothing alike! As if I would know - I had to look up what eagles you are talking about...

The only birds of prey(?) I have ever seen are Common Buzzards and Red Kites, but also some owls (even an Eagle-Owl). Speaking of which, this I have found some time ago:

Seerow likes this.
  23. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Both the vulture and the eagle are large dark looking birds if they are really high up in the air.

European raptors, neat. I like birds of prey. The Common Buzzard is pretty equivalent to the Red-Tailed Hawk here. Red Kites are gorgeous looking birds.

[IMG][IMG][IMG]
    Last edited by Seerow, Feb 8, 2013
    Dathomir-Witch likes this.
  24. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, I really like birds of prey too. I went through a real "birds of prey fan" phase as a kid.
  25. Darth Ibonek Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    sorry to kind of break the chat here... but does anyone know what time tcw airs on teletoon (EST)?
    Bo-Katan likes this.