Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Two beds? Congrats on all the new furniture. It was tough enough to put together my bed frame when I got my new mattress.
    Paparazzo likes this.
  2. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    If I didn't have such sweet experience, I'm sure I would find Valentine's Day objectionable. I've been quite lucky in that regard.
  3. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I can't say I've always hated it. I've gotten old and cynical.

I have, however, hated the pink explosion since about puberty.
  4. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    @Paparazzo: The like was for the gif, not your aches, just to clarify.
    Paparazzo likes this.
  5. Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost

star 4
    ^ It's the hilarious slipping sound that puts that moment over the top. But it's funny in GIF form, none the less.
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  6. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    Your aches get no sympathy.
    Paparazzo likes this.
  7. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6
    blarghhhhhhhhhhhhh just finished writing a 56 page article.
    [IMG]
    Seerow, JackG, Garth Maul and 2 others like this.
  8. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Hope you didn't do all that in one day, Barriss. I just got a grad school headache for the first time in 3 years thinking about it. :p
  9. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4

Blegh, have to wake up early tomorrow to help a friend out in a social experiment for his psych class. On the plus side, I get paid ten bucks to play on a driving simulator.
  10. Paparazzo Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Watching the GRAMMYs. Everybody is relatively well-dressed. Beyonce is a bit of a mess though. Adele's dress isn't flattering.
  11. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    Ripped from the series discussion thread:

Kevin Kline is a fine actor, I'm particularly fond of his performance in French Kiss, and the movie itself.

Indeed. I was watching the movie with a woman and at the moment of emotional breakdown, I stomped my emotions into submission and adopted a mean mug to preserve my masculinity, just in case the woman spotted my momentary display of weakness.

Clarification: Despite the absence of ocular irritation, I found my lacrimal glands were in overdrive, which naturally resulted in my confusion. My internal thought processors were screaming "Error! Error! Does not compute!" I concluded that my lacrimal glands were malfunctioning and in need of maintenance, so I shut them down until maintenance could be performed.

Interesting. Commencing search...
  12. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    No masculinity to preserve here but I always watched it by myself. I've been made fun of too often for lacrimal...malfunction during such movies.

And the deleted scene is hilarious. Kline also squirts Hayden with a hose but the rest of it is even better.
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, Feb 10, 2013
  13. CT-867-5309 Chosen One

star 5
    After the reaction to Darth Maul's crying, including my own, I stand by my repression.
    [IMG]
    It's okay to do it in private, though. But if anyone were to see me, I'd have to kill them as stipulated in the Secret Handbook of Masculinity, page 27, paragraph 3.
    Paparazzo and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  14. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I dunno. I think its kinda sweet when that happens. <<;
  15. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
  16. 07jonesj Force Ghost

star 4
    So glad they've decided to spend two seasons adapting A Storm of Swords!
    JackG likes this.
  17. Coric Force Ghost

star 4
    NYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA
    [IMG]
    Last edited by Coric, Feb 11, 2013
  18. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
  19. Garth Maul Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Ah ha ha. My daughter is really into trains right now so this would probably blow her mind.
  20. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    its just so strange... about as weird as the video of battle droid action figures invading Sodor.
  21. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    This is the UK Southern Railway colour scheme nowadays.

[IMG]

It's quite easy on the eye, actually... but not enough to ignore the fact that they and their fellow private sector train operators are all price-gouging scum, leeching off an expensive, inefficient bureaucracy set up primarily to subsidise these multinationals with taxpayer money, altogether doing an approximation of the job that other (government-owned) European rail systems do, only much worse and at many times the cost. /rant

But yeah. Green is good. [face_alien]

[IMG]
  22. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Now I've got everyone talking trains...
  23. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
  24. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Man, I wish I watched that show later in life when I actually knew who RIngo Starr was. Might have made it more awesome than it already was.
  25. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Thanks for the info Q. The 4-6-0 in the 2nd pic is gorgeous. More similar liveries that I remembered and that's probably not an accident. Speaking of The Railway Series/ Thomas the Tank Engine this engine looks alot like Henry. If my memory serves correctly however Henry's 2nd shape is based on the LMS Black Fives, its been a several years since I kept up with this stuff. Its a more similar green than I remembered. Perhaps I have the Olive Green mixed up with another railway, the actual British Railway I think. I'm into vintage rail equipment, particularly the stuff within my own shores but love railways around the world.. The kinda history I can see, touch ,smell, feel. LOL don't complain to me about subsidized Railways, my friend. I've got Amtrak, super expensive and pretty much promised to be 30 minutes late.

Ringo Starr was my favorite narrator although the American version with George Carlin, especially in Shining Time Station is pretty funny.
    Last edited by Seerow, Feb 11, 2013