main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I should have never mentioned the horse. :(
    It's worth pushing through; that character gets his dues later.

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had a hard enough time with the implication regarding the wolves. And the kid being pushed out of the tower.

But anyway...funny story from work today. We were honoring someone who just turned 50 and talking about birthday parties. I mentioned that since I'll be 42 on my next birthday, I want a Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy party in which everyone brings towels and we all sit around and discuss intergalactic travel. A friend responded that the last time she got together with people discussing intergalactic travel was in college, a certain Beatles song was involved and exactly what did I put in my coffee cup this morning?

I was just recommending a book, people. And 42 is the meaning of life. :p

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    You mean it's the answer to life, the universe and everything. For shame. :-B

:p

4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Dr. Pepper is nasty, tastes like cough meds to me. That is all.

5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Diet anything tastes horrible.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    'Cept Diet Coke. That's delicious.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    That was actually going to be my main example. Not a fan of Diet Coke, at all.

Seerow and CT-867-5309 like this.
  9. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Diet Coke kills you faster.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I should give up Diet Coke. I drink 3-4 a week at work.

11. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I drink lots of coffee and water at work because both are available for free. The rest isn't.
    On another note, I finally got my Stabilitees 'hello trooper' t-shirt yesterday. Prompted rather curious questions when I wore it today, both from workmates and sonny's friends :).

EDIT

Yah, and while I usally read 'hello trooper' just like it says on the shirt, I usually think 'hello sailor'. And remember Zork.

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    ... and I'm out. Couldn't help it. [face_laugh]

07jonesj likes this.
  13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Lol... I win... I might celebrate by changing. But with what?

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    "All too easy"... right? Haha. What is your current one from, anyway?

15. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Protagonist and deuteragonist brothers Edward and Alphonse Elric from the anime Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. This avatar reminds me of stuff. LOL.

16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    OK... haven't heard of that.

17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You haven't heard of Full Metal Alchemist? And you're from the internet? Huh. I've never seen it but I've probably heard about it enough times that it feels like I've watched it. :p

QuangoFett likes this.
  18. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    IDK, if you don't know an anime, chances are you'll never hear about it unless you are talking to somebody about anime. I know what FMA is and have watched it, yet I don't see anything overt on the internet about it, and it's not one of those shows I talk about with friends a lot, unless we are talking about anime.

07jonesj and eht13 like this.
  19. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Well, come to think of it the name is vaguely familiar. But that's all, and I feel no shame in not knowing more about it. :p

Also, I lived in Japan for four years and the only anime (if you define "anime" as being from Japan) I've watched are Miyazaki's movies.

07jonesj likes this.
  20. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Miyazaki's stuff is top notch. All Studio Ghibli in general, but particularly his works. I thought last year's Secret World of Arrietty was a great fable-like film, perfect for kids and pretty enjoyable for older folks such as myself. And ****ing beautiful to watch.

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Full Metal Alchemist is or was one of the more mainstream anime properties available in the U.S so it makes its rounds on the internet. Its actually got a somewhat western feel to it which makes it popular among folks who general don't enjoy anime in edition to an amazing story rich in action, philosophy, and amazing characters. The first anime adaption had several good runs on Adult Swim. I like the old anime but I adore the FMA manga, its one of the very few titles out there I tend to be a manga snob with so I really prefer the newer anime adaption Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood which follows the manga to almost a fault. The FMA manga by Hiromu Arakawa who is absolutely awesome is my second favorite manga title. Its the only manga I religiously followed as chapters were being released from Japan. So, as a result FMA: B is my second favorite anime out there.

The story basically follows two brothers who use alchemy (which is basically the magic in this universe) to try and bring their dead mother back. They don't truly understand what they are doing and the results nearly kill them. It takes the older brother's leg and the younger brother's entire body. The older brother is able to save his younger brother by bonding his soul to a suit of armor in exchange for his right arm. The older brother then joins the military and the two go on a journey searching for the Philosophers stone in hopes to reversing the damage done by trying to bring back their dead mother. During this search the brother uncover a secret conspiracy that threatens to destroy their country.

And Miyazaki is amazing. Princess Mononoke is beautiful.

22. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    When I was in Vegas recently for a bachelor party, I shared a room with a friend who was watching Inuyasha (sp?) at one point. I think that was the show. All I could gloss from it was that there was some pissy guy with fox ears. I voiced my failure to understand the fascination with putting animal appendages on human beings and this somehow (there was alcohol involved) led to that person admitting that he finds tails and fox/cat/whatever ears on girls hot...

I feel like I learned too much about my friend that day.

Seerow, Sgt Crowfield, eht13 and 2 others like this.
  23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I just watched the new episode of Spartacus...

Wow... Did Caesar have his own cock cut off just to fool the rebels?

24. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    What's not to like about animal appendages :D?
    Ah, Inuyasha, I read all 5oo+ issues of the manga, and I have the four movies (the fan dub version - no idea if there is any other apart from the original). Inuyasha is a dog demon- kind of, and while some of the antics might make you think it's a kid's show (a censored version was shown here on kid's TV), it's far too dark for my soon-to-be 9-year old. But generally I'm not somuch into the more whimsical examples of the anime trade. I really like the Shirow Masamune anime adaptations (and his manga stuff, of course) - Ghost in the Shell, Appleseed, Dominion, even Black Magic ... then I have some elderly anime gems like Cyber City Oedo 808, Bubblegum Crisis. And more, like Full Metal Alchemist and Jin-Roh, but I'm too lazy to get up and switch on the lights (it's still before sunrise here) and look them all up.
    My 15-year-old niece draws some really manga, btw.

InterestingLurker: Now you made me very, very curious...!

25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I really went through an Inuyasha phase back in the day, for a long time I'd grown out of anime and that was the one that got me back into Anime. Now its not cool to admit to liking it anymore, though. It is pretty dark for a Rumiko Takahachi title. I also love Ramna 1/2 and Mermaid Melody by her. I'm not into the real whimsical anime stuff either and I'm usually not into the really gory ones likes Higurashi no Cry (Holy moly...). I tend to like the fantasy titles best although I do like Ghost in the Shell alot.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.