main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Go on...

Coric likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Lucky *******s.

3. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Play very loud screamo music.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I dunno...old school Tone Loc might work here.

5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    OK, here are my thoughts on the recent episode of Spartacus:

-I don't know how many times I'm going to keep on saying this until it actually happens, but Naevia needs to die. All she has done since the season has started is act like a vindictive bitch and drive a wedge between everyone in the rebellion. I'm disappointed that Gannicus didn't come over and kill her when he found out that she killed her friend. I'm even more disappointed that Gannicus got hit in the head by a rock by Naevia when he was choking Crixus. Nobody does that to Gannicus.

-The whole decimation scene was the best part of the episode for me, mainly because it developed Tiberius's character more. Tiberius has went from annoying asshat to a sympathetic character since the season began. I mean, being forced to beat your own friend to death? The fact that Crassus had a large chunk of his army beaten to death with clubs was barbaric. It goes to show that the Romans are only marginally better than the rebellion they're trying to bring down.

It's interesting that Tiberius, after beating his friend to death with a club, comes up to Crassus and refers to him as "imperator" rather than "father". Perhaps he doesn't even see Crassus as his father anymore? Or perhaps he's simply acting like a soldier? Both?

-Tiberius wasn't the only one that got character development. Up until this episode, Caesar was portrayed as some supercilious maniac who doesn't give a **** about anyone. When he first appeared in the episode, Caesar was shown to have dedication(as shown by the scar he gave himself in order to fake his made-up past as a slave) and empathy(for example, when he euthanized the woman that had been brutally raped and cut). We also see him display his brilliance as he plays everyone, Nemitus especially, like a fool and widens the rift growing between the more level-headed people of the rebellion such as Gannicus and Spartacus and the animal-like members such as Crixus and Nemitus. He certainly used a lot of skill in infiltrating Spartacus's rebellion. It's also ironic that Caesar is his own spy.

-I really liked how Spartacus kept to his ideals and showed Laeta mercy after it was found out that she was smuggling food to the prisoners, even when everyone was egging him on.

And that's about it. Overall, I'd give this episode a 10/10. It's the best episode of the season and one of the best episodes of the series.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    lol they finished up over an hour ago. I think they tried for seconds, but they must have fizzled out.

It's good that I hardly ever see them and never actually speak to them.

7. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    InterestingLurker: Once again, thanks for the summary. I haven't seen anything of 3rd deason yet, but I felt pretty much the same about Naevia after her reappearance in season 2 :).

8. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I wouldn't say its a summary of the episode, just my thoughts on it. If you want a real summary:

Caesar infiltrates the rebellion and masquerades as a former slave sympathetic to the cause. Throughout the whole episode, he's learning about the rebellion while sabotaging it. He manipulates Nemetes(the German who was introduced along with Saxa in Vengeance) into starting a riot and yelling to everyone to kill all the Romans in the city. While this is happening, Gannicus spots Laeta smuggling food to Roman prisoners and finds out that it wasn't his friend that was aiding the Romans, but her instead. This prompts Gannicus to go to Naevia, who is at the riot, and then tell her off for killing his friend for no reason. Naevia says that his death was justified because he was a Roman. Gannicus calls her a "mad bitch" and a fight ensues between Crixus and Gannicus. Soon, other people get involved and try to stop Gannicus from beating Crixus up, but he takes them down with ease. He then proceeds to pin Crixus on the floor and wrap his hands around his throat, stopping him from breathing. Eventually, he's knocked out when Naevia hits him in the head with a rock. While all this is happening, one of the Romans tries to choke Nemetes to death for raping and killing his sister(no one notices as everyone is focusing on the fight between Gannicus and Crixus). Caesar throws a dagger into the Roman's face.

Crixus gets up from the floor, gasping for air. Naevia persuades Crixus that Spartacus is wrong in showing mercy to the Romans. Crixus makes his decision and shouts to everyone to cleanse the city of Romans for good. They start killing every Roman they can find. Caesar looks in astonishment as Nemetes massacres men, women, and children. The murderers eventually find Laeta trying to get some Romans out of the city. They almost kill them, but Saxa holds them off(if I remember correctly, Gannicus told her to guard them). Spartacus comes into the scene and orders for the killing to stop. Crixus tells Spartacus to kill Laeta for going behind their backs and giving food to the Roman prisoners. Spartacus seems to consider it, but decides against it and strips Crixus of his rank. Crixus is outraged and moves towards Spartacus as if to hit him. He is pulled away. Eventually, Naevia, Crixus, and all the others leave. As they're walking away, Crixus and Naevia consider creating their own faction separate from Spartacus's rebellion. Meanwhile, Laeta tells Spartacus that Crassus will end his rebellion.

As all these events are taking place, Crassus, not pleased with the Romans retreating from Spartacus in the last episode, decides to reintroduce a punishment known as "decimation", where Roman soldiers are beaten to death with clubs, in order to discipline the army. Before this happens, Crassus confronts Tiberius on the disgraceful retreat his troops made from Spartacus. Tiberius says that he was pulled away from the battle by his friend and that he wanted to continue fighting. This still doesn't improve Crassus's image of him. Later, as the actual punishment is about to begin, Tiberius notices his friend, Sabinus, amongst the soldiers that have been lined up to be punished. Tiberius tells Crassus to call off the event. Crassus scolds Tiberius for not referring to him as "imperator" and tells him that where he is, he is not his son but a soldier following his command. He also tells him that he has treated Tiberius too much like a child up until this moment. As the Roman troops are preparing to carry out the punishment, Tiberius decides to join his friend so that he won't face it alone. Tiberius is spared from the punishment, but Sabinus isn't and he is forced to watch him get beaten to death. Having no choice but to do so, Tiberius starts beating him as well. Anguish envelops his face as he does so. When all is done, he goes to his father and says, "A lesson well-learned, imperator." His words are filled with anger. He then walks away. Crassus's face seems to be uncertain, as if he's not sure what to think of his son's disposition.

My recollection of the episode isn't entirely accurate so I may have gotten the details wrong, but those are the events of the episode in a nutshell.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Its raining its pouring the old man is snoring. Thunder, lightning, severe weather.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  10. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Vhoa! Thanks, very concise :). And I actually love to read others' thoughts on stuff I like as well. I'm pretty terrible with words when it comes to a) describing sex scenes and b) describing my own thoughts. This is why I try to avoid writing a) and b) mostly turn out to be flippant, chaotic fragments mixed with interjections like 'Vhoa!' and 'Great!' ...
    It's worse when I try to verbalize things. I just can't talk sense at all.

Seerow: It's snowing here. The flakes are huge ... a real snow globe effect.

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Looks like Charleston gets to join the fun this evening. :(

Seerow likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well it's wicked nice today in the city, high 40s. So far at least. Rained lightly yesterday, but only a few clouds today.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Really? If that's the case we're probably next, and I didn't think it was supposed to rain here until Tuesday.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Sgt Crowfield, No snow to report on my end. A few years ago flurries were forecast and folks were seeing dust in the air and getting excited. I kinda laughed through the whole thing. =b

Stay safe, bro.

Its 73F here right now and pouring. That's not really a bad thing since its been very dry here for a while. However the area is living up to its reputation as lightning ally. That's normal for FL until June when the afternoon shower pattern starts

15. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Wow, it's only 55F here. We've been getting a lot of rain lately, my back yard is more or less a pond right now.

We usually are on the receiving end of a direct lightning strike at least once a year. (So much for lightning never striking the same place twice...) I was really hoping to get further into the year before the thunderstorms started. [face_plain] I don't think I'd want to try my luck in Florida. [face_hypnotized]

Yep, the chances go up even more on Monday and are pretty much 100% on Tuesday. We were supposed to get some strong storms yesterday, but ended up with only light rain and fog.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    KenobiSkywalker,

Really? Damn. I've lived in central Florida for over 10 years now and only had a house get struck once. That was pretty scary. Its dry and most of the grass is turning brown here at the moment.

17. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Well, for the last few years we had snow by the end of December up to February. By the end of March we suddenly had around 30°C, and by mid-April it was back to rainstorms and sometimes snow. Well ... thinking about it, the last three Marches were hotter and drier than what used to be called summer here (July and August).

I just made some JJ Abrams memorial pictures of my SW shirts with my - admittedly not so good - cell phone. Note the lens flares. What looks like stars is the dirt on my bedroom mirror. Too bad the Roomba can't clean mirrors ...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Seerow and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  18. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    There's no trees around the house, so we're pretty much the tallest thing out here. Usually the damage is minor, but we have had a strike blow a large hole in the roof before. :eek:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I get a little nervous during storms now. :p

19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
  20. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    KenobiSkywalker: Your neighborhood/house seems to have an issue with things... burning. You're not actually a fire god, are you?

21. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    It's been a few years since anything has caught on fire in my house. :p My neighbors, on the otherhand, just might be fire gods..

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  22. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Vhoa :D. I managed to set our kitchen on fire when making poppadums a few years ago.
    But it wasn't my fault ... it was the Mario Bros.' fault.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I have about set myself on fire with fireworks many times.

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    So an embarrassing story...the last fire in my house:

When my youngest was a baby, I put some pacifiers in water to boil to sterilize them. Sterilizing pacis only takes about two minutes in boiling water, but I got distracted (I don't even remember how) and next thing I know the entire damn pot was on fire.

Holy ****.

It was contained to the pot and I got it put out pretty quickly but there was enough smoke in the house that I had to open windows and doors for an hour. And I had to throw that pot away.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The last time something caught fire in my house was ironically the ice maker on my refrigerator.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.