main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I hope you don't mind me asking but you mentioned you were running a Scholastic bookfair in the other thread. Did Scholastic send any of the reissues Animorphs books? I would be interested in knowing if they are still distributing any of the books. I'm glad to hear your son is enjoying the books. The later books are still pretty easy to find on Amazon or Ebay. An Animorphs movies should look pretty good. The story is actually pretty dark for an intermediate series, particularly the later you get into the books. With movies I just worry the story will end up way to condensed.

LOL, I like to never mention the terrible TV series the spun from the books. Yeah the premise of having an alien slug crawl into your ear, drill into your skull and wrap its stretchy body around your brain. Taking complete control, reading your mind and memories like a book and using you to enslave all your friends just like that is just a little scary. In the books' the descriptions of hosts being enslaved by getting there heads shoved into gray sludge while they kick, scream, and cry still gives me chills.

2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Neither are you. ;) :p
    But seriously, we're getting an extended trailer this weekend.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  4. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Yeah, you're right about that. ;)
    It just seems like everyone on this forum already knows about everything that's going to happen in the next couple seasons. But just in case, I'll try not to make any more spoilers.

5. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    My friends have no idea what they're in for this season. Whenever they ask whether a character lives (I've read the books and they haven't) I have to leave the room. They know of Martin's tendency to kill his characters, but haven't seen it at its fullest capacity yet...

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Sadly, no, and I'm having a hard time hunting them down. I only have about 6-7 of them in my library, he has none in the library at his school, and I have to check several branches online before finding them at the public library. Barnes and Noble doesn't carry them at all in paperback, only e-book format for the Nook.

As far as their being dark, not much bothers him there, he's read all the Goosebumps books and watches most of the comic book movies; I'll probably introduce him to Nolan's Batman series next. We're talking about a kid whose favorite Star Wars movie is ROTS. To which I can only *headdesk* but hey...

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Well, good evening, randomly crapping boards.

Off to view threads in order of importance before they crap out on us again.

8. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Dear TFN

Fix your website

Sincerely

Fanboy

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Yeah, seriously, no ****. You can see a similar post from me on your Facebook page.

anakinfan

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy likes this.
  10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I thought you meant my Facebook page for a second. Is it possible we've known each other IRL all this time? Probably not.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That would be hilarious though.

12. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I had been a member of a Jurassic Park 3 fan page since 2001, in 2011 I started dating someone. Found out that a member of that fan page lived the next city over and was a good friend of my then girlfriend. It can happen.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
  14. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    Being a member here suddenly became lame. Thanks Dad.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Considering I have yet to get a "watch your mouth young lady before I put a bar of soap in it," I'm not worried about my Dad posting here. :p

16. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    If my Dad liked Star Wars enough to the point that a name like "Kit Fisto" meant anything to him, it would probably make me giddy. As it stands, he watched Episodes I and II, and got to III before asking what a Sith was :oops:

So probably not.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    My dad wouldn't use punctuation so I know I'm safe. [face_relieved]

18. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I've got a 9 inch bar of soap in my hands right now if you want to get started. It's extra creamy.

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Can't decide whether inappropriate or not... [face_thinking]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I know you'll want to get clean because you're a dirty girl. Use my special soap.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    Hey babe I just took a picture of my special soap, wanna see? ;) x

[​IMG]

22. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I've decided. [face_mischief]

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Just tell me it tastes better than Lifebuoy.

24. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    I've got pear flavoured if you want ;) x

[​IMG]

And on that bombshell, I'm going to bed. Nighty night everybody.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I had an ex stalk me one time on a forum. Not very exciting though.

The TV Tropes article for Animorphs does a good job describing the content in the book series. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Literature/Animorphs?from=Main. But there shouldn't be anything to really bother a kid besides the unhappy ending. I didn't really appreciate the darker settings and the way it deconstructs the Teenages with Attitude trope by turning the Animorphs kids into child soldiers and demoralizing them until I reread them when I was older.

Unfortunately the revision only lasted 7 books and the 8th was never released, not to mention the 1st Megamorphs book is supposed to become between them. The storyline is pretty linear and connect so its hard to skip books. I suspect the line was canceled because of poor sales unfortunately. Scholastic didn't promote the books as all. It probably doesn't help the books haven't aged the best. The easiest place to find the old copies on on Amazon and Ebay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.