main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I've never even had alcohol :) Well once, half lemonade half beer, but yeah that doesn't really count...

2. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    :eek: At a The Phantom Menace party?

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
  4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Kneel before Javik!

5. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    ^:)^

You gave me the best assault rifle in the game.

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Time to socialize with the primitives.

7. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    And get some!

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy and Coric like this.
  8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    I see what you did there.

Darth Ibonek likes this.
  9. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    When I read the official confirmation my heart slumped.
    I am truly saddened by this turn of events. Frustrated, too. And infuriated by Disney's decisions.

Star Wars may have taught us that "we cannot stop the change" and that we would need to "let go of attachment", but nevertheless I stand by it, this series deserved to end on a 6th Season.

The season 5 finale may have been the most satisfying emotional conclusion they could have possibly create, yet I wanted to find out how close the show would blend with the events of ROTS. What would become of Maul, Hondo, Asajj, the Nightsisters, etc.

But besides what is happening to this excellent series, I wonder what will become of this fine community?
    I find it the only place on the boards I truly feel comfortable with its regular posters and I'd be sad to see it gradually fade.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This is the Disco. Take that to one of the many fine TCW Cancellation threads we have available. :p

I wondered that too, though. LACWAC existed before TCW, but it blew up in numbers and activity because of TCW.

11. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    Fine. Then I shall take it elsewhere. Good day, Sir! *storms out*

12. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    I agree. I feel the most comfortable in this area of the forum. I seem like a guy with a low IQ in the LIT forum because those guys have memorized every novel it seems. In the EP7 forum, I just get bashed because I'm a PT and Lucas supported. Besides the few Ahsoka haters and offended EU folks, it's overall a great forum.

I think this forum will stay alive as long as we keep "re-living" TCW. Keep in mind we'll have close to 50 hours of material compared to the Saga's 13. We can debate forever on different theories. In my personal life my family and friends are going to try and get together once a month and watch a few story arcs from each season (excluding the last one as it's too depressing). I think this is an event we can even do on the forums. We can start with season 1 and pick a date/week to watch an arc, then post it as a "re-watch" discussion the following week.

This forum will only die if we let it. I vowed that I will BUMP the Ahsoka Fate thread once a week until she is declared dead in some form or another!

13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Of course terms like "Ahsoka haters" make the forum a much, much friendlier place. As does the assumption that people offended by continuity issues should just GTFO.

Any forum is a "great forum" if you can successfully marginalize and drive out anyone who has a different point of view.

Or not. I'd actually call that somewhere between boring and hostile, depending on the day.

CT-867-5309 and eht13 like this.
  14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Really? Please re-read my post; I was only referring to the cancellation discussion. And I even used a :p.

Also, I did say "I wondered that too, though. LACWAC existed before TCW, but it blew up in numbers and activity because of TCW" in reference to the other part of your post.

15. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    That storming out post was clearly me playing a character. The "Sir" should have given it away. I better play it safe and use smileys accentuating what I'm going for from now on, though.

Starting with my next post, since I don't know which one would fit this post. Maybe this one :-B?

16. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    After TCW's last bit of material is released, it depends on the new TV show the article on the OS mentioned and how long it takes to come out. I'm not stranger to hanging out on forums that have had nothing new to talk about for a long time. They make do with fanon and mess like that. Some forums only seem to take about 3-4 months with nothing new to talk about. Guess I'll need to start exploring other sections more.

17. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    haven't you been around LACWAC during off season before? The slightest provocation is enough for people to start questioning everything you say.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Homer Simpson reference?

Anyway, your post about this in "The Clone Wars" Series Discussion thread was more what made me think you took my post here too seriously.

19. Billy_Dee_Binks

Mar 29, 2002
    I think I was more going for a Monty Python / Willy Wonka kinda of tone.

Also, no worries about the latter, I was only playing up the drama. ;)

JackG and eht13 like this.
  20. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    For just $850.00 USD, you can own one and call it whatever you like.:p

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  21. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    That'd about $1,000 for me, man dogs are expensive. I'm actually planning to get two Huskies when I leave home, the short haired ones that look like wolves :)

22. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    A friend of mine has two blue eyed, white huskies... those dogs are insanely energetic.:p

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Oh they're lucky! And I bet they're energetic, so having two Husky puppies may be a bit of a challenge I'm guessing, lol.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  24. queequegg

queequegg Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2010
    And don't forge ab
    And don't forget about insane amount of shedding, you could make sweaters out of the dog hair and give them as birthday presents!

25. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Speaking of Disney being an ***hole, the "Oz" prequel sucked - and they're making a sequel to it. The 1939 version of "The Wizard of Oz" was perfectly fine, thank you very much.

Seerow and 07jonesj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.