main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I like a nice British or European accent ;)

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  2. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I had to watch most of Red Dwarf's first few episodes with subtitles on because I didn't understand a word of what Lister said. Shame! But by the end of the first season, I understood most of what he said ...

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Australian Federal Politics:
    [​IMG]

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Christopher Paul Curtis is from Detroit and so are several of his characters, but he writes them saying "Y'all." I guess we don't have the monopoly on that word down here. :p

5. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    MtHermonSummit2.jpg
    @CT-867-5309 The ice shields are fully operational.​

August. Still waiting on my brother's work to officially approve his time off, but he was told to go make his plans so we ironed out most of the details this week. Words cannot describe how excited I am to go. To set foot upon the land, to breathe the air of the dead sea... so excited to see Israel. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I don't think anyone in that was Irish, but yes, the accents were very strong sometimes... especially among Brad Pitt's character and the other gypsies ("pikeys").

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, been a while since I seen it. I though Pitt et al were Irish travelers, which are similar to gypsies. So I was close.

8. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I've been on the forums for a while, postings lots, but never actually posting in this thread...

I just saw you guys talking about not being able to understand british accents? Err, well i'm british and I find it difficult to understand some american accents! It goes both ways! Though there are some British accents I can't understand that well either and I've lived in the UK all my life! It's very difficult when in the job I'm training to to, I get people who come in and I can't understand them and I feel bad because I should!

9. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    And in Canada I can understand everybody,but apparently nobody can understand us. I've got a good ear for accents.

10. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    What are you talking aboot?

11. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    According to the rest of the country, nobody can understand Ottawa Valley accents

12. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Are you required by law to carry around one of those text to speech devices?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Its pykers, is it not?

GGrievous likes this.
  14. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Loving the newest Star Trek: Into Darkness trailer. I know Abrams has been reported to not be a very big fan of the Star Trek franchise, yet I think he did good work in the 2009 film and I am very much looking forward to this one.

I'm feeling optimistic of what he'll do with Episode 7 - something he has greater passion for.

15. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    Alice Eve? Harold John Cho? Sweet.

16. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    John Cho was in the first film as well. He's Sulu.

17. ThisIsUrBodyWithoutFiber

ThisIsUrBodyWithoutFiber Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2013
    Guys, I have to be honest here. I love JarJar Binks. He gives great comic relief to the prequels.

18. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Prequel Forum is that way. Here, Binks ranges from tolerable to abysmal. The only thing worse than Ahmed Best is a man doing a bad Ahmed Best impersonation.

07jonesj likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    That trailer reminded me that JJ is doing Episode 7. I almost forgot that. :p

Still, the new Star Trek looks pretty good. I like Cumberbatch, especially as Sherlock Holmes, so it'll be cool to see him play the bad guy for a change.

20. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
    I haven't seen Cumberbatch's Sherlock. How does it compare to Robert Downey's version?
    Edit: Just realized that both Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are in Sherlock and The Hobbit. Interesting.

21. ThisIsUrBodyWithoutFiber

ThisIsUrBodyWithoutFiber Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2013
    Dude I don't think you know how amazing JarJar really is. His character development might be the best of any Star Wars movie. Sometimes you need a good comedic break from all the tension.

22. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It's certainly different. Never mind the fact that it's present day, but his Sherlock is even more socially disinclined than Downey's, since he has an extreme superiority complex, at least in terms of intelligence. He's also got a slightly different dynamic with Watson. I like both for different reasons.

And yeah, a lot of Sherlock fans can't wait for Bilbo's confrontation with Smaug.

AkashKedavra_93 and Darth Ibonek like this.
  23. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    So I've watched Memento. Christopher Nolan for prez.

24. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
  25. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Wow, what a great trailer. I never seriously watched ST before the Abrams reboot, and since I watched some of the shows and Wrath of Khan. So yeah, I'm excited for this film. Perhaps the ST won't suck completely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.