main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Gee, I wish today's cuts were an April Fools. I've already turned into that old man complaining about the government at all the time.

Doesn't reality corrupt you so? :p

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    One of my jokester professors played a cruel trick on us. He said someone complained to the department that there was a lot of cheating going on during the midterm last week. He said the department's solution was to nullify those exams and write their own exams for us to retake.

The not so funny part is that this actually happened once with one of his classes.

3. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
  4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
  5. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    Only last night I told a friend that a 6th scale Wolffe figure by Sideshow would make me sooooo happy, but that it wouldn't ever happen now that TCW was cancelled.
    Now this. On April Fools' Day. Too good to be true. Even though I'm pretty sure my friend has no connections to Sideshow Collectibles I'm afraid it's a hoax :_|.

07jonesj likes this.
  6. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    It also allows you to have Phase I still eyed Wolffe and Phase II Ventressed-eyed Wolffe!

Just to add the icing to a very delicious cake.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  7. Sgt Crowfield

Jul 27, 1999
    ... he would so complement the other three TCW-influenced 6th-scalers I have (Rex, Cody and Gree). Should this turn out to be true after all, I wouldn't regret not having bought Ganch (sometimes I feel a pang of pain over that, but somehow Ganch just didn't fit in with the rest of the gang).

8. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    My professor is an *******. I can't let you take that class because it's a senior class and I want you to have "the senior feel." *****, I'm trying to graduate early!!!!!!!!!!

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Spent part of the afternoon at the pediatrician's office getting my youngest a nebulizer treatment. Spring has sprung indeed.

10. Darth Ibonek

Darth Ibonek Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 11, 2013
  11. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I've only had a few of those in my life, during really bad asthma attacks caused by either bronchitis or severe allergic reaction, but they always made me feel so much better, like a new person. In comparison I felt like I could breathe better than I ever could before.

Unfortunately, bronchitis doesn't just go away with a nebulizer treatment and by the time I got home the effects had worn off and I was miserable again.

But damn, your kid has asthma, too? Hope he feels better and improves as he gets older.

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
  13. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Ah, good to see Twitter pulls out the worst of humanity and gives them a voice. :rolleyes:

Both this film and the second G.I. Joe are examples of why Hollywood movies really suck though. Extremely thin plot, characters that barely resemble characters, EXPLOSIANZ!1!.

That's what MP video games are for - how anybody can sit down and watch this crap for 2 hours (hell, isn't 150 minutes becoming the standard? :p) without falling asleep, I don't know.

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    07jonesj likes this.
  15. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
  16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I think the idea of Peter Dinklage sadly hearing he's been fired while Warrick runs onto stage in front of all the press is hilarious.

Both great actors, but only one of them is the smartest Lannister around.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks. It must have made him feel better because he asked if we could take the machine home with us. I assumed bronchitis but the doctor said he had the croup.

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    How can you fall asleep from this?? :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Easily. It's boring.

Pretty VFX means nothing without characters to care about.

20. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    The characters in that movie was one of the best parts about it, but yeah, I guess I'm more into full on action films than anything else.

21. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I like action films if effort seems to have gone into them.

I'm going to point to Nolan's Batman trilogy or the Bourne films as famous examples.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Batman was great, but I haven't actually seen any of the Bourne films. The Bourne Legacy was one of the films I wanted to watch last year, but I never got round to doing it.

23. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, but aren't Bourne Supremacy and Ultimatum Shaky Cam: The Movie(s)? Besides, why see a movie about the White House under attack now when you can wait several months for Roland Emmerich's version, AKA the guy who has a fetish for Monumental Destruction?

24. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I'd obviously recommend all four films. Last one received some flack for having a new protagonist, but it was still a strong film IMO.

Just like Trek 2009 was Lens Flare: The Movie. Didn't stop it from being a good film. ;)

I don't know why we watch his movies, the only bits we ever want to see are already in the trailers. :p

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    You want an action movie with brains? Go watch a Michael Mann flick. Watch Last of the Mohicans, Heat, or Public Enemies, and then come back to me.

Okay, you see that? That is how you market extreme violence to smart people. You understate it, and don't make it the focus. But when it shows up, holy crap does **** get real.

Billy_Dee_Binks and 07jonesj like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.