main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Good luck Zand. I always had a love/hate relationship with those questions.

2. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Uploaded to Youtube by "scarletguard"on May 6, 2008

"The Prima Guide for "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II" had in some editions a companion DVD. On this DVD in addition to a walkthrough of the game, character bios, and a cut Telos destruction video (see my other videos) - were a curious collection on HK-47 lines recorded especially for this DVD. Enjoy this collection, HK-47 fans!"

Full list of quotes:
    http://deadlystream.com/forum/topic/1391-hk-47-lines/#entry15010

3. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Still, I dig for every bit of content I can find on KOTOR2, yet somehow this one slipped by. I've seen Nihilus ram Citadel Station, I've seen Atton take the piss out of little Annie, and I've read Echani Poetry (about as good as a Vogon), yet I've never seen HK-47 quoting Red Dwarf

4. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
  5. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Did you ever mess with any of Halowan Lab's or one of Stony's mods? Shame team Gizka never finished their project...

6. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    So I heard Boston blew up.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Damn. As I've said elsewhere, I hope the injuries aren't too critical. I've been to that marathon before too. Creepy.

8. Darth_Zandalor

Aug 2, 2009
    Dude, Drewton made half the skin mods I use in game. I've modded the ever loving hell out of TSL. I installed Restored Content Mod for my PC illiterate brother, but I've yet to play it through with the M-478 planet as well. I'm glad they finally managed to make both TSL RCM and M-478 compatible. Now it's about as complete a game as you could get.

9. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    So, I turn off the Auto Connect to Origin (EA) Servers option in ME3, and what happens? It crashes on start-up every time and won't let me play.

(Have since done some Googling and confirmed this is the source of the problem)

I see what you did there, EA.

What a ****ing joke.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  10. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    2 confirmed dead and I just saw a gruesome picture of a leg injury.

Wondering the motive and the affiliation of the bomber..

11. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I lived in that area for 4 years! I can't believe that's real! Practically everyone I know -- and a cousin -- lives around that area because it's near the major colleges!:(

Edit: seems they've cut cell phone access to the area.... I know some people who were definitely at the Marathon today.

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    My heart goes out to all of the victims and their loved ones in Boston.

To everyone on these forums who knows someone there, I hope they're okay.

13. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Same, BC. I got a bunch of friends in school around the city, but no family live there currently. But yeah, I've been down Boylston a bunch of times. And according to the NY Times, one was in front of the BPL too!

14. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm still catching up on this. Holy ****. Two confirmed dead, 23 injured. Who the **** would blow up a ****ing marathon???

BC and Todd--hope your friends are safe. [face_praying] Let us know.

15. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    It's frustrating because they apparently shut down most cellphone access around both Boston AND Cambridge! Facebook seems to be the place everyone's turned to....

16. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    I wonder if it was a domestic bombing..

17. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I wouldn't be surprised -- Boston's got a ton of angsty jackasses who would do something like this.

18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    That was my thought as well. I hope they catch the ***holes responsible soon.

If it's an organization instead of a lone bomber, there will probably be a confession soon, based on past events. I'm trying to remember how long it took to catch Tim McVeigh.

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    It's disgusting, how can you just kill people like this? This is horrifying.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Barriss, I don't know what your cell service is like in Guatemala but are you able to text instead of call? I just heard via text from my Boston-area people a few minutes ago--they're fine. Hope you and Todd get some good news.

21. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

Feb 25, 2011
    They believed what they were doing was right. If someone believes in a cause they'll do anything if they think it'll serve their beliefs.

Have to say, I can see the logic behind their plan. Hitting the marathon is a brilliant way of ensuring maximum awareness and it also ensures a lot of easy civilian casualties for optimum shock value. Everyone's focused on the race and so they're less likely to notice you setting explosives, of if they were suicide bombers then they're less likely to notice shifty looking people.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    I can't even stand watching that video -- the one they keep showing with the balloons floating away. I never get sentimental about stuff but I remember how much everyone loved Marathon Day. It was one of the few times you could get people in Boston to crack a smile.

I posted this elsewhere, but it's awesome -- from the NBC Sports Twitter: Reports of Marathon Runners that crossed finish line and continued to run to Mass General Hospital to give blood to victims.

Good to hear! I've found Facebook seems to be the best place to hear from folks, but I'll try texting. Never tried that before out of the US...

23. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Just saw some footage of a guy being wheeled along with both his legs blown off. I bet they won't show that again on TV.

There's a pretty intense video of the first blast, here:

Good luck over there. :(

24. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Agreed.
    M-478.jpg

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  25. Barriss_Coffee

Jun 29, 2003
    Those people are so ****ing brave.