main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That's the exact response you're supposed to have, lol, but I thought someone would say something sexual about it.

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Oh sorry I was asleep.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    With a tractor?

4. Ahsoka_Tano_11

Ahsoka_Tano_11 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2013
    no, on the tractor :)

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    That good old John Deere sure knows how to get the job done ;)

6. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

Did anyone see this Mother's Day card on the OS? I don't think it's one I'd want to give my mother.. :p
    [​IMG]

7. aldrestjedimaster

aldrestjedimaster Jedi Master star 1

Sep 4, 2012
    Thrusters on full Captain!

8. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    My last remaining pup climbed a child-gate, escaped the kitchen, then rolled into her sire's neck of the house to drop a deuce in the middle of his rug. All while I was eating breakfast in another room. I turned my sports page in between bites on my freshly made breakfast sammich (thanks to the newbs, u know who u be:p) and guess who was chilling right beside me? Yep. The little pooper.

9. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I did not make you that sandwich; maybe one of the others did. :p Anyway, that puppy has got some attitude... I like her. Haha.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  10. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Bad news update: The blind pup bit Mom bad last night. Not good.

LordDarthPlagueis likes this.
  11. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Why, did mom react pretty harshly?

12. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Pup snarled and snapped when Mom went to stop her from doing something and ended up puncturing the top of her hand in three places... none of the other pups were/are aggressive like that.

13. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Ouch. Perhaps she tries to compensate her missing sense with bravado?

14. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Oh, you meant a person was bitten... I thought you meant the puppy bit her own mother, a dog.

15. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Not sure what else I could've done after capping the first m in Mom.:p

eht13 likes this.
  16. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
  17. SithStarSlayer

Oct 23, 2003
    Not sure. She only snaps in the direction of her blind eye, so I think its a matter of being taught that isn't an acceptable response. She'll either come around, or she will be destroyed... second time that I have seen a pup like this in 30+ years around the breed. The other, took his Master's finger in '89 as a yearling and that guy was a Vet with a lifetime of experience. Its tough to make that call, but my folks won't tolerate that around my nieces... nor should they. I'm taking the Dam over to spend the day with her on friday, hope she can settle her down some like only a bitch can do. Little turd needs a good whoopin from her momma. My remaining pup acts a fool every morning, but only till her parents roll her a few times out back, then she chills out with the quickness.:p

LordDarthPlagueis likes this.
  18. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Star Trek Into Darkness WAS BRILLIANT. The film, despite being essentially an action sequence following an action sequence, et cetera, had a heart and did complete justice to the Star Trek mythos and names. Benedict Cumberbatch was a phenomenal villain and the rest of the cast was superb as always, with the incredible performace by Zachary Quinto as Captain Spock taking the highlight among the heroes. The visual effects were superb, the 3D was pretty good, and yes, I would go watch it again, and again, and again. But I don't have that kind of cash...

9/10.

19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    After hearing the good reviews about Star Trek Into Darkness, it seems that Episode VII is in good hands. For the record, I can't wait to watch this movie. It has been my most anticipated movie this year. First reason being the fact that it is directed by J.J. Abrams, who is directing Episode VII in the future. Second reason is that it has Benedict Cumberbatch playing a lead character. If Thrawn ever appeared in any of the new movies, Cumberbatch should play him. He's just too good of an opportunity to pass up, especially since J.J. is probably now friends with the actor.

The Shadow Emperor and eht13 like this.
  20. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

This one is for you, my friend:

[​IMG]

21. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I've not seen Star Trek yet (I intend to this Sunday). Though from what I've read, some resident Trekkies on another message board I go to are getting their knickers in a twist again over liberties the films takes with established characters, that issue does not lay with Abrams though, but with the writers.

On a completely unrelated note. I saw this today and thought it was completely ridiculous

[​IMG]

Sloth bear using his bed like a lounge chair, watching me clean up the chamber across the maintenance hallway. Obviously the picture doesn't capture it, but there was also classical music playing on a radio. High culture bear.

22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    You were SO close to becoming the next Youtube sensation!

TaradosGon likes this.
  23. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    As I was researching proteins the past few days, this awesome song* about amino acids, the basic constituents of all life, suddenly came to my mind. Those of you younger folks at university wishing to memorize your 20 amino acids, look no further!

Sing along as an uptempo version of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic":

Glycine, valine, leucine, isoleucine, alanine, they all are aliphatic, so you will not see a ring!
    The lone human amino acid with one is proline. From protein we are formed!

With two hydroxyl groups you'll find serine and threonine. For sulfur, look to cysteine or to methionine!
    For bases, you have arginine, lysine, and histidine. From protein we are formed! (Now the aromatics!)

Tryptophan and tyrosine and phenylalanine! Aspartic and glutamic are both acids as we've seen.
    For amides, see asparagine and also glutamine. From protein we are formed!
    :-B

*Credit to the brilliant Mordin Solus in Mass Effect 3. Such an awesome character!

24. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    It was missing something for me, personally.

25. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Sigh ... hubby left for a five-day-long festival along with most of our buddies. My best friend and her daughter are gone for two weeks. Sonny has been sleeping for quite some time now. The puppy is sleeping, too. And I'm seriously bored, so I worked on one of my legion of unfinished stories before doing some online gaming.
    Now I'm tired, yet not tired enough to go to bed and sleep. Well, with hubby out of the house, I'm seriously tempted to fire up TV and watch this scene on the big screen in an endless loop ...
    [face_party]

Seerow and Barriss_Coffee like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.