main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    With the announcement of a new BattleFront giving me reason to start gaming again, may the upgrades commence![face_party]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I hope the trailer for TDOS doesn't represent the amount of screentime Legolas actually gets in the movie. I really don't mind him appearing, but I expect his role to be a minor one and the trailer just doesn't make it look like that...

3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  4. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    From what I know, Tauriel is quite a major character so it might mean that Legolas is a major one too.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I get home to the sight of 7 new trophies for myself and Force Ghost status. [face_hypnotized] So I decided to check out what other new trophies there are, and it seems the trophy for getting 8000 likes is called "LACWACky".

6. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's because we have the most like able posts in this place.

7. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Ah, so that explains why it looks like I'm surrounded by all these newly-minted Force Ghosts all of a sudden.

Damn, that trophy list really got extended. More Internet points to look forward to! :D
    I swear, it seems like they named that "LACWACky" trophy after you, AF. You are the closest member to getting 8k 'likes'. :p Congrats on the 'Chosen One' rank too, BTW.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Damn, I hadn't even noticed. LOL

07jonesj likes this.
  9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006

We actually did name it after her. I'd stopped at making trophies for 5,000 likes until I realized that anakinfan had over 7,000 likes

10. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    At least half the forum seems to have gone up a rank. :p

11. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    My dog must have one hell of a headache after trying to run through a closed dog door... :eek:
    [​IMG]

12. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    So many Force Ghosts! I thought I wouldn't get that title until the end of the year, and there's lots of great new trophies too!

13. RG4

RG4 Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 16, 2013
    So I'm watching Squidbillies episode "The Legend of Kid Squid." I noticed that Early and Granny were poisoning a tree that was loved by the community, it took me about a few seconds after he said he's gonna poison the tree to realize that was a poke at the Auburn Toomer's corner Oaks. For anyone who doesn't know anything about Toomer's Oak that after every football game Auburn Tigers woman people would go to the corner and roll it. But after the 2010 Iron Bowl where auburn beat Alabama 28-27 a butt hurt fan went up there and poisoned the oak trees and announced it over a radio.

Seerow likes this.
  14. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Ha ha! JackG and I just had a coincidental run-in inside a subway station today and neither of us was sure enough it was the other to go ahead and ask. Yes, this actually happened.

15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Lol, now we just need Jack and Akash to run into each other and the circle will be complete.

16. Billy_Dee_Binks

Billy_Dee_Binks Force Ghost star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    Yeah. In the meantime, Jack and I met today for some flak tower sightseeing.

[​IMG]

And look, I got a jar of Vegemite! Jack, awesome of you to bring it all the way from home.

The taste is very unique and requires a bit of getting used to, but compared to what a lot of people seem to think yeast extract spreads, I'd say it's rather good. So you mean I should try it with butter? Roughly how much is the perfect amount of Vegemite on a slice of toast?

17. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    I love to see my photogenic face in widescreen. I would say like 10g with butter on toast is perfect. A non toasted sandwich is also great with the same combination.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm not sure which is weirder -- seeing actual JCers on the forum or the fact that you measure out condiments for your toast down to the gram.

Edit: Ahhh ok I just read the last sentence of BDB's post. That makes sense now.:p

Edit 2: Actually no, it still doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Who measures condiments in grams? Don't you people use tablespoons?

Seerow and JackG like this.
  19. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    Perhaps this will help.
    [​IMG]

20. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Vegemite and Marmite are pretty much the same thing, right?

21. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    Are they sold in the U.S.?

22. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    [​IMG]
    America and Canada are the same country, right?

23. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Jeez, that reminds me when New Zealand ran out of Vegemite, and it made the news for like half a year... It's like "There was a major accident today... but in more important news, Vegemite still hasn't returned!" and "The world's going to end, but wait, just in... there's still no Vegemite!" They were selling jars of Vegemite for like $100 each online...

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Yeah, I gotta check this out. I know I've seen Marmite somewhere.

Jack and Jordan, which do you prefer -- Vegemite or Marmite?

Edit: Huh -- Wikipedia says there are no less than 2 Marmites! A UK version and a NZ version!

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm not sure, I never have either of them, and I reckon they both taste the same anyway. I perfer to have honey or just butter on my toast, and cream cheese when I'm having bagels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.