main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Here's what I think of the films I've seen this year so far:

Fast & Furious 6 - 10/10
    G.I. Joe: Retaliation - 9.5/10
    Star Trek: Into Darkness - 9/10
    Gangster Squad - 8.5/10
    Olympus Has Fallen - 8/10
    Iron Man 3 - 7.5/10
    Oblivion - 7/10
    Oz the Great and Powerful - 7/10
    The Internship - 7/10
    Zero Dark Thirty - 6.5/10
    The Hangover Part III - 6/10
    The Impossible - 6/10
    21 & Over - 6/10
    This Is the End - 1/10

2. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    For me in theaters in 2013 :
    Oblivion - 10/10 One of my five favorite movies of all times
    Star Trek Into Darkness - 10/10
    Cloud Atlas - 10/10 One of my five favorite movies of all times
    The Perks Of Being a Wallflower - 10/10 One of my five favorite movies of all times
    I Give it A Year - 10/10 Best Comedy of the year
    Les Misérables - 10/10
    The Company you Keep - 9/10 because I don't like Shia Lalboeuf
    Mud - 9/10
    Beautiful Creatures - 9/10
    Flight - 9/10
    Gangster Squad - 8/10
    The Croods - 8/10
    The Silver Linings Playbook - 8/10
    The Impossible - 8/10 but I won't watch it again, too emotional, too hard to watch
    The Great Gatsby 8/10 Jay-Z music it's not for this kind of movies
    Lincoln - 8/10
    Gambit - 7/10
    Epic - 7/10
    Upside Down - 7/10
    Jack The Giant Slayer - 7/10
    Quartet - 6/10
    The Big Wedding - 5/10
    Hotel Transilvania - 1/10 Boring.
    Oz the great and Powerful - 0/10 hate it, hate Mila Kunis.

Falling Skies get renewed for season 4 ! Yeah !

And today, July 3rd, it's Tom Cruise birthday !

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    And I thought I'd seen a lot of films this year. 0/10 for Oz!? I thought it was pretty good, and the visuals were just as good as Oblivion.

Happy Birthday to Tom Cruise! He's one of my favourite actors :)

4. Coric

Coric Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 19, 2011
    Has anyone seen White House Down and Olympus has Fallen ? In your opinion, what one is better?

So weird that two very alike movies are coming out months apart.

5. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't really want to see White House Down, because it looks exactly the same as Olympus Has Fallen, which was an awesome film, and it'd just feel like they've copied it. But I might check it out if there's nothing else on at the time.

6. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    White House Down is not in my interests so I probably won't see it. But Olympus has Fallen, I will rent it as I didn't get the chance to see it.

I usually don't put a 0/10 to a movie but this one, I hated it, it's not only Mila Kunis that I didn't like, it's the whole movie. I thought the story was flat like the characters. For me the visuals I found them kind of fake kind of unfinished. The other 0/10 I gave to a movie was Little White Lies with Marion Cotillard.

For the ones who love Indie movies and Kevin Spacey movies, I recommand BEYOND THE SEA , written, directed, produced by Kevin Spacey and with Kevin Spacey and Kevin sings the songs ! I discovered this movie two or three months ago and I thought it was a wonderful movie, a great musical with an amazing performance from Kevin Spacey playing Bobby Darin.

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Do NOT see Only God Forgives, guys; it was absolutely dreadful and unnecessarily violent.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I hadn't even heard of that. Funny, because the other Ryan Gosling film that no one's heard of, The Place Beyond the Pines, was really good.

And I just looked- Only God Forgives isn't out in the States until July 19.

9. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I laughed once at a joke, and once at how brutally unnecessary the extreme violence was. Also everyone left the cinema bemused.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Warning: possible unpopular opinion ahead:

I did not like the original Wizard of Oz. I thought Dorothy was whiny throughout pretty much the entire movie, in fact, most of the characters were. (Holy hell, Cowardly Lion, just shut up.) The Witch of the West's cackling got on my nerves, and Glenda...WTF are you doing woman? "Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" Just take Dorothy and her little dog away in that floating glass ball and be done with it.

And the "wizard" is full of himself and got caught up in his own charade.

The only part I liked was the tiny bit of smartassery in the Kansas scenes. "She bit you?" "No, her dog." "She bit her dog eh?"

So yeah, no. No interest in Oz the Great and Powerful.

As far as Tom Cruise, I loved his earlier stuff, especially Top Gun and A Few Good Men.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I don't care much about Tom Cruise, but he's had a great career, and he brought us this amazing performance:
    WARNING- LOTS OF SWEARING, MORE THAN USUAL :p

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I have never seen that one and probably would not have recognized Cruise as Les Grossman there. Pretty impressive.

I've been getting a lot of good use out of my rock in the past 9 or 10 years; I've seen maybe 20-30 movies in the theater total during that time.

13. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I love every Tom Cruise movies, he's my favorite actor. My favorite of his performance is definitely in Rock Of Ages, such a great voice.

I quite liked the original Wizard of Oz, I thought it was entertaining, a good musical but far from being my favorite musical movie.

14. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    I'm not very much into Tom Cruise movies, but I have a soft spot for Ben Stiller movies, so ... yes. I thought Cruise as Les Grossman was pretty good :).

15. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    My favourite Tom Cruise films are the Mission Impossible series, he was awesome in those. Actually, Ghost Protocol is one of my all time favourite films. He was also pretty good in Oblivion.

I still haven't seen Jack Reacher, which I really wanted to see. I would think that he'd have a similar role to Mission Impossible in that.

On the subject of films that I never saw at the movies, I still really wanna watch The Bourne Legacy, A Good Day to Die Hard and Jack the Giant Slayer as well, which all looked good.

16. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I've seen Jack Reacher in theaters and I have it on blu-ray, a great movie.

On the subject of films that I never saw at the movies, I still really wanna watch Man Of Steel and Despicable Me 2.

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I wanna watch Man of Steel as well, I've never really been a Superman fan, but it looks pretty good. I also wanna watch Pacific Rim, The Wolverine, The Lone Ranger and Now You See Me.

18. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I whanna see Lone Ranger and kinda whanna see Pacific Rim since I like me some mecha but probably not in theaters.

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    The films I'm looking forward to in some form or another:

This is the End
    The Bling Ring
    Despicable Me 2
    Monsters University
    Fruitvale Station
    Pacific Rim
    The Wolverine
    Elysium
    The Butler
    Don Jon
    Kill Your Darlings
    Gravity
    The Fifth Estate
    12 Years a Slave
    The Counselor
    Ender's Game
    Thor: The Dark World
    The Wolf of Wall Street
    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
    The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
    Jack Ryan

20. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Just found this video. A little outdated, but still bloody awesome:

You can learn more about this proposed structure here and here.

AkashKedavra_93

Of that list I am looking most forward to Ender's Game and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Big fan of Peter Jackson's films, and I want to see Harrison Ford on the big screen again!

Oh, and happy Fourth of July to everyone Americans here!

21. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I had heard about that, but never seen it in action. Cool! Although I gotta wonder -- each level would have to be its own apartment, right? Because otherwise if you can control the rotation of your own apartment, surely that would seriously PO your next-door neighbor living on the same level. ("Dammit! That Skywalker family is always messing with the controls so that their apartment faces the east in the morning and west in the evening! We'll never see the sun living here!")

Circular_Logic likes this.
  22. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    Stupid me, that's totally logical. My only excuse is reading something about that tornados can tear the street's pavement off the ground. (Though, on second thought, this only applies to F5 tornados, IIRC.)

And I'm sure the lightnings know you don't like them...

"The Hobbit" is the only movie I'll see in cinema this year. Why isn't it December already, whyyy?!! But honestly I think the dragon looks kinda... not epic.

23. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    This video is of the tornado that hit my hometown in April 2011, the one I mentioned earlier. The guy taking it had a death wish or something.

And this one you can see the funnel better.

Dathomir-Witch likes this.
  24. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Impressive tornado and very scary.

25. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    I totally see myself first filming the tornado and then remembering to run. Luckily there aren't nearly as much tornados in Germany as in Tornado Alley and the only thing ever appearing here at my home was a small dust devil (that I missed[face_not_talking]).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.