main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dathomir-Witch

Dathomir-Witch Jedi Master star 2

Jan 2, 2013
    How many of these are new characters? Because I don't even know the names of the ones introduced in ROTF and DOTM...

And what about the Decepticons?

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    All except for Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are new, and I don't think any Decepticons have been announced yet.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    "Mom! Look! Spiders in Minecraft are much bigger than spiders in real life!"

And of course like a dumbass, I looked. Holy hell.

"Gah! I hate spiders!"

"I know you do." *snicker*

[face_beatup]

4. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    anakinfansince1983

Their appearance isn't the scary part. The scary part is mining through caves looking for valuable minerals and then hearing the spiders. You know they're near, and you know they're hungry. But you don't really know which direction.

Also, some are poisonous.

Sgt Crowfield likes this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    OK, my kiddo did me a favor in leaving that part out. [face_sick] I think hearing would be worse than seeing.

6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    And there's also spider jockeys, which are skeletons riding on spiders, but they're very rare.

7. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    Did they skip the other Autobots? I don't remember how many survived in the last movie (though I just watched that a few days ago), but still... some did.

Meh, even if they would announce certain Decepticons, it would be no one I know, since those are all dead. Oh my...

07jonesj Did you actually mean second or third season of "The Walking Dead"?

8. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Heaps of Autobots survived, there was Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Sideswipe, Dino, Wheelie, Brains, Roadbuster, Leadfoot and Topspin, and then there was also Skids, Mudflap and Jolt from the second film that weren't in the third. But I wouldn't be surprised if Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are the only one that return if they have eight new Autobots. But I really hope that Ratchet, Sideswipe and Dino return too.

I just saw that a couple of the new vehicles might be Decepticons, but I'm guessing that the main villain won't be announced yet.

9. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I was referring to the first season of the Telltale game.

I've actually not seen Season 3 of the show yet. Going to buy it on Blu-Ray come it's release in September.

10. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    I'm surprised - I remember more names than I thought. But yeah, I hope that at least Ratchet returns, too.

Well, it's one more year, they will announce him some day.

And editing is useless - I saw you listed Laserbeak as an Autobot.;)

07jonesj My mistake, I've never heard of the game, so I thought you were talking about the show.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Haha, yeah I got Laserbeak mixed up with Topspin somehow.

12. Dathomir-Witch

Jan 2, 2013
    Understandable, they totally look alike.[face_laugh]

But mixing up is better than not remembering a character at all.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Dang, a Bugatti Veyron? The Autobots must have some serious spending money. I know, they ARE the cars, but still. :p

14. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011

This is the official synopsis:

The Tsarskís® have ruled Fihyyynia® for centuries, their power unparalleled. A true Ptolemaic family, the Tsarskís have killed each other brutally, ruthlessly, for power – age, sex, relationship – nothing mattered. The betrayal wasn’t surprising – it was damning. But the Tsarskís became complacent – and this time, the bloodbath crashes well outside the walls. The slave, the empress, the thief, the princess, the orphan, the scientist, and the warrior – each one has an army behind them and the bloodbath will become the biggest war the world has ever seen. A complex story that takes many unexpected twists and turns, The Chronicles of the Emperor® betrays the conventions of storytelling and brings together the ethereal realms of mythology, the boundless imagination of medieval fantasy, and the darkness of modern-day warfare. This is a story that merely is not encased within the bounds of a cover, over when closed. The characters, the plot, and action will bring you back again and again.

There will be 7 books in the series.

Ani501st and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  15. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    Looks great ! Really want to read these books !

Concerning Transformers, I stopped watching Transformers movies after the second. I didn't like the first and I thought the second was even worse so I didn't want to take the time to watch the third one and it will be the same thing for the fourth. I'm not a lover of Michael Bay's movies, usually he does action and forgets the story. However I do love two Michael Bay's films : The Island and Armageddon.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I actually rather enjoyed the first Transformers. Only thing is the next two films were the exact same plot with more explosions, and with an inflated run time. The third one had a Transformer with Leonard Nimoy's face! Who came up with that idea?!?

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I just watched Pacific Rim, it was good, but not as good as I thought it would be. I'd give it a 7.5/10, it was probably just as good as The Lone Ranger.

18. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
    I watched Pacific Rim in IMAX-3D this weekend. I really liked it and the format was a BLAST, but the human element was a little weak. I would give it a round 9/10.

19. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I just saw it in 2D and really liked it. I'll be honest I was highly anticipating this when I first heard about it way back when. Guillermo del Toro + Cthullu-esque monsters + giant mecha robots? Win. Win. Win.

20. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  21. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I saw Despicable Me 2 this past Friday. I wasn't expecting to like it as I didn't particularly like the first one, but my son really wanted to see it so we went. It was much better than the first one. Unusual for a sequel.

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

I actually enjoy the first live action Transformers film which has a cool novelty that wore off in the sequels. And speaking of Transformers its a new ride that's opened at Universal Studios and its being advertised like hell around here. I actually chuckle every time Megatron comes on the radio and threatens to destroy Orlando. Can't find that one on youtube so here is the trailer.

07jonesj and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    "At this very moment, the Decepticons are mobilizing to take over Orlando..."

Well now there's an improvement. I know whose side I'm joining.

Seerow and AkashKedavra_93 like this.
  24. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL. I wish the autobots the best of luck with the Florida drivers.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  25. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.