Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    People are stupid, and stupid people breed.

This post brought to you by your favorite Ray of Sunshine. Good morning, LACWAC.

DarthBreezy told me this story as we were driving to the top of Mount St Helens: in 1980 a couple of months before the eruption, geologist were already getting signs that something big was getting ready to go down, so highway crews put road blocks out at a certain point with warnings: Volcanic eruption eminent, do not drive past this point, etc. People were actually moving the road blocks and trying to drive further because they wanted to see a volcano erupt.

That takes a very special kind of stupid. So much reverse Darwin potential there. And sadly I can see people thinking that it would be cool to have their kid see a bison up close without it even registering in their brains that hey, this is a 2000 pound animal here and you have your 25-pound child in a 10-pound stroller. Do the math.

Anyway...post some of your pictures when you can?
    Last edited by anakinfansince1983, Jul 22, 2013
    07jonesj likes this.
  2. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    The season two of Revolution cannot have been aired in New Zealand, they started to shoot season two in Austin Texas this month ( July ). I tried to get a job in the crew of season 2.
    So you didn't missed it.
  3. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Really? Because I've seen them flying around in jet planes and stuff briefly on TV, which definitely wasn't in season one. Are you sure you're not thinking of season three?
    Last edited by Jordan1Kenobi, Jul 22, 2013
  4. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    So it appears that I've finally procured one of the new trophies, "Four Digits" (1000 likes!).

[Grievous voice]Posting in the JCF has served me well. It has awarded me many trophies.[/Grievous]

Since I'm very fond of numbers and statistics, I've written a program to track (I wish) manually tracked various numbers early on associated with my postings and my "likes".

Some quick stats regarding my "likes" (as of this posting), based on where I post most often:

• LACWAC SWTV: 784 (434 posts)

• ST: 174 (94 posts)

• Rest of forum (SW Community, PT, CT, SW Saga, Literature, Games, and JCC): 42 (48 posts)

Finally, here are the top five users who "liked" my posts most often:
    Top Five (open)

Thank you, all of you guys! You all deserve some Internet cookies! :D

No real point to this post, but I wanted to practice highlighting and list-making. And also to show that I have nerd world problems! :-B
    Last edited by Circular_Logic, Jul 22, 2013
  5. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    I have a favour to ask for anyone who's interested in writing an article or two about the geeky stuff they love.

I have a friend who's setting up her own website, geekremix.com. She's currently looking for content to kickstart the launch before she starts advertising. So if anyone is interested in writing something short articles about any passion you have (it can be about TCW, Transformers, whatever), let me know and I'll pass on the word. I'd really appreciate it guys. Cheers.
  6. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    Yes sure ! You are talking about the second part of season 1. ( episode 10 to 20 ) You must have missed the second part of season 1. Season 1 has been cut in two parts : first part aired between september and november, second part aired between march and june. ;) Season 2 will begin on TV on september 25.
    If they get a season 3 it would be a miracle !
    Links :
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/05/revolution-season-2-production-moving.html
    https://www.facebook.com/Revolution
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/06/nbc-premiere-dates-announced.html
    http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/revolution-season-2-casting-news_21.html
    and I even contacted the film comission of Texas as I said because I tried to get of job there, they gave me the mail of the recruters.
    Last edited by Ani501st, Jul 22, 2013
  7. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    @Circular_Logic yeah, since the 8000 likes trophy mentions LACWAC, I'm not surprised at all by your top 5 likers. I can probably attribute a solid chunk of my likes to LACWAC as well. SWTV? Not as much. :p

EDIT: Damn. There's a trophy for 9000 likes, and AF is probably the only one who has it. [Vader]Impressive. Most impressive.[/Vader] =D=
    Last edited by Todd the Jedi, Jul 22, 2013
  8. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Todd: That's because I'm cool. Or because I post a lot.

...nah, it's because I'm cool. O:)

"How do nerds blow up the Internet? Let me count the ways: my experiences on a Star Wars message board."

Just kidding about that one but I could probably come up with something Star Wars or Harry Potter related.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  9. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Ahhh, that would explain it, it would've been the second half to season one. No wonder I couldn't find season two anywhere online to watch, lol.
  10. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    Would you? Thanks. It only needs to be bitesize, so about 1-4 paragraphs.
    Last edited by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Jul 22, 2013
    Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Sure; I'm not too busy the next 2-3 weeks. I'll get something going during that time, especially if she only needs something short.
  12. AkashKedavra_93 Emperor of the Seven Realms and the First Dragons

Manager
    star 4
    @ImNotAStarWarsFanboy: I would love to help out! I can do stuff on Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings/TheHobbit, Doctor Who, Star Wars, you get the gist.
  13. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    [IMG]

TaradosGon keeps two human shields at all times.

[IMG]
    Last edited by TaradosGon, Jul 22, 2013
  14. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    Beautiful pictures !

I love writing so I could write an article yes, Falling Skies or TCW or Tom Cruise Scifi or Cloud Atlas or LOTR/Hobbit or LOST or Revolution or some of them ! Tell me when and I'll write it.

@Jordan1Kenobi the complete box set of season 1 will be available on blu-ray and DVD on september 3 so you'll get the chance to see the second part of season 1 before season 2 begins !
    Last edited by Ani501st, Jul 23, 2013
  15. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    Awesome! Hopefully the box set isn't too expensive, but the first half of the season was great, so I think it'll be worth getting. What'd you think of the second half compared to the first half?
  16. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  17. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Force Ghost

star 5
    @anakinfansince1983 @AkashKedavra_93 @Ani501st

Thanks a million guys, this is brilliant. If you can provide something (and if you have any old stuff you can donate as well), the sooner the better really. I really appreciate this.
    Ani501st likes this.
  18. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    If only I could convey to you, just how hard this made me laugh...

I'm just glad that wasn't a pride of lions, or I might have hyperventilated.
  19. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I wasn't expecting to see that Bison. I came along the boardwalk from my left and that clump of trees was blocking my view of the bison. I just saw a group of people gathered and figured they were looking at a hot spring. The boardwalk is over a thermal area with several geysers and hot springs. That bison was just chilling there. At least in this case people couldn't get any closer to the bison because walking over a thermal area is potentially dangerous. Apparently the crust can be extremely thin and people can fall into scalding hot water and be scarred or burned to death.

[IMG]

I don't know either of the two women in the photo. They weren't with me. I went alone. I left them in the photo just as a frame of reference to show how close I was. The second photo I posted was from the same point, just magnified by the camera's optical zoom. The trees border the bison on one side and the boardwalk can be seen circling around the bison on the right side of the photo. I felt reasonably confident that the bison was not going to get up, charge me, leap the guard rail and gore me. But people kept fanning out on the boardwalk, pretty much boxing it in from three sides with the trees boxing it in on the fourth side, and there was no guard rail or anything as you can see it ends several feet to my right. The bison didn't get up while I was there, but every now and again it would turn its head or shift its weight, and I was anxious that it was going to abruptly get up and make it's escape through a crowd of people.

They were the most common animal I saw, along with Elk, though the bison could be seen throughout the day, while the elk mostly came out at sundown. But any time I saw a bison, it was commonly accompanied by people trying to get way too close for a picture on their cell phone.

And it could so easily go bad.

Last edited by TaradosGon, Jul 23, 2013
  20. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Still wish it was some big cats, for that shield line.:p
    Last edited by SithStarSlayer, Jul 23, 2013
    TaradosGon likes this.
  21. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6

OMG idiots!!! Especially those people in the crowd with their children just standing there laughing.... good grief.
  22. Seerow SWTV★Manager

Manager
    star 6
    Wow, is it wrong to say I wish the bison in the video would have taken some of those idiots out of the gene pool? There are just to many of idiots out there. Ya know I like railfanning and its like how much money gets spent on safety at grade crossings but folks just keep trying to beat the train or my personal favorite stopping right in the middle of the crossing at a red light.

Last edited by Seerow, Jul 23, 2013
  23. Rainbow Knight Star Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Hello, Lacwac gang!

I found you at last. I joined up on the Temp Boards, but lost this cool group when we moved back home.

How is everybody? I'm much better now, since I found Lacwac.

:D
    [face_mischief]

Formerly prj1
  24. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    This accent is hilarious. And the fact he's just amused, not concerned at all is really hilarious too.
    Last edited by JackG, Jul 23, 2013
    TaradosGon likes this.
  25. Ani501st Jedi Master

star 3
    I already have my Hobbit review that I had posted on the OneRing.net so I'm sending it to you.
    EDIT : How do I send you a private message on the forum ? or do I post the review here ?