main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I've got a long day ahead of me, maybe I'll stick around here. Or not.

Would have been a good day to crank out an entire interview.

2. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Not sure whether to post this in the Rebels thread, but to be safe, I'll just post this here. A preview of future Star Wars: Rebels book releases from Disney Press (courtesy of CooperTFN in the Lit forum):

[​IMG]

These all appear to be children's books. I really hope that they will release novel-length stories like Karen Traviss' The Clone Wars works and Karen Miller's Wild Space.

3. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    If I remember Traviss or Miller left Star Wars because of EU continuity thing. So if there is still the other writer, I would me to be pleased to see a book about Rebels like they did for TCW if of course the show is good.

4. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Do any of you watch Power Rangers? I've been re watching Operation Overdrive recently which is my favorite season off the show, I like how there are different groups off villains it makes it more interesting. I also like how there is a lot of treasure hunting on the show.

5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Miller said she wasn't writing any more Star Wars after her TCW series.

It's too bad, I liked her books. [/unpopular opinion]

I am a little curious as to the children's books getting first press and what that means. Every area of Star Wars has children's books so it could mean nothing.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Welp, new Harry Potter movies. I never thought I'd see the day. Hopefully, they'll come out well.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  7. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I may meet Kevin Spacey before the end of the year ! That news made my day.
    One of my university teacher was one of the people who helped Kevin Spacey for the preparation of the play Richard III. :cool:

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    *blinks*

What???

9. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    Yes it was announced today.

10. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    You need to talk to Seerow.

11. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24067557

In case you haven't already googled it. Will feature the character of Newt Scamander, author of "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." Set in New York, 1920s.

Of all the paths I thought might be taken (Sirius, James, Lilly as teenagers / sequel featuring the kids at Hogwarts), this, I actually never saw coming.

12. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Whoh weird. Well, I guess some of the best parts of the HP's were when Rowling just sort of went "screw convention, I'm gonna throw something bat**** insane into this plot!"

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I just got off work and I'm going to have to look at this more when I get home, but "weird" is exactly my initial reaction to that.

And I'm not sure about a Harry Potter movie set in the US.

We'll see I suppose.

14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Anyone read her recent book that she wrote under the pseudonym? I'm thinking of picking it, especially since it seems to be getting a lot of praise.

15. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I haven't actually read any of the Harry Potter books or seen any of the movies... *Crawls back under rock*

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008

17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The new movie will be interesting to say the least.

18. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I read that book! Did anyone else read Quidditch Through the Ages?

AkashKedavra_93 and 07jonesj like this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Ack, long day at the end of which my kids proceeded to go ape****. I just got a look at the article.

I feel a little better about it than when I first saw the news. Rowling herself penning the script is a good sign although I should have expected her to keep good control over it; I think she hand-picked the screenwriters for all the HP movies. And a story of Scalamander's origins could be fun, I'd like to know how he got interested in studying magical creatures (and if he ever met Hagrid) and if he is a Yank, how he ended up in England.

I haven't read any of the spinoff books and if I had a choice, I would prefer a teenage Marauders movie, but I'll definitely give this a chance.

And KenobiSkywalker , Imperio! Read the novels.

Seriously. I've got a reading list long enough to last me until Episode VII premiers but a re-read of the Potter books is on it somewhere.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Certainly did. Nice couple of little reads for charity. I love the idea of Quidditch too, used to have this awful Gamecube game where you played it. Had so much fun with it.

I wonder if the film will end at Hogwarts, or take place there in it's last act, considering Scalamander ends up as Headmaster. I can see them wanting to visit there, to establish a direct visual link between the spin-off and the core story.

Yeah, I quite want to read them again too. Haven't since 2007, when Deathly Hallows first came out.

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I should also try re-reading the HP books sometime. I read them all pretty much as they came out, which was fun, since I was always 100% spoiler free. But reading them one after the other would be a great experience, especially since all the (main) movies are out now.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I think my last read through was in 2010. I used to do at least one per year.

23. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST DAYS EVER, I HAVE LITERALLY NOT STOPPED SMILING ALL DAY - WHAT INCREDIBLE NEWS

I read a chapter of Harry Potter every single day. It's my Bible.

24. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I don't like Harry Potter... *Runs away and hides*

25. Ani501st

Mar 18, 2013
    I agree incredible news. I hope this new movie will be as great as the 8 Harry Potter movies, I trust J.K. Rowling and Warner on this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.