main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    I confess; I actually don't like the first two movies. Something about the tone feels off to me from the books, and I don't really dig Colombus' directing style when compared to his successors.

It was also filled with child actors that were very clearly still in the stages of learning how to act.

Then Prisoner of Azkaban came. :D

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My brother, who is a pretty hard-core Harry Potter fan and is responsible for getting me into it, went on a long and angry tirade about the first two movies when they first premiered.

Slapstick doesn't bother me so I didn't care that Neville's broomstick antics were about ten times longer and more ridiculous than they needed to be.

Kloves' retconning of Hermione and Ron bothered me a lot more, especially since his reasoning is that Hermione is his favorite character.

07jonesj likes this.
  3. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    Well, I would say that the first two were very close to their source material whereas the others diverged, and were more visually impressive and entertaining for it.

4. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Prisoner of Azkaban was really good, despite the deviation from the book. My only complaint is, again, giving Ron's line in the Shrieking Shack to Hermione.

Sirius was ****ing awesome though. And his dialogue with Remus in the shack as well as Snape's line about "bickering like an old married couple" made Sirius/Remus shippers out of several fans was great. And Gabon Dumbledore is better than Harris Dumbledore.

5. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The ruin of Ron in the movies ticks me off so much.
    Thank heavens for AVPM/AVPS and AVPSY.

6. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Me neither, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up reading / watching them with my kids at some point.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    My 8-year-old is finishing book 6. Sharing Harry Potter with kids is a lot of fun.

...especially when he asks about certain major spoilers and my response is "keep reading." :p

eht13 likes this.
  8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Oh yeah.

[​IMG]

9. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I can't see the picture in your spoiler, does not load.

I saw Stand By Me, yesterday night. I loved it, an exceptionnal movie both moving and sad.It is in the line of Legends of the Fall and A River Runs Throught it and in the line of The Perks of Being Wallflower. A CLASSIC.
    As the Empire Magazine said "Undeniably deserves its place in the heart of a generation." 5 stars.

10. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Ani501st

Use your imagination. :p

Strange, the image shows up on my computer, but not on my phone. Hmmmm... Okay, I'll just reupload it anyhow, but from a different source.

[​IMG]

eht13 likes this.
  11. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Never got into Harry Potter, though everyone recommends it to me.

Not being able to edit my posts is really starting to kill me. I can't fix the wrong things!!!!!! Anybody else having this problem?

12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Tarkas, are you in Mozilla? 'Cause there was a problem with its latest update that affects Xenforo software. If so, then for the time being you just have to edit using the more options feature.

13. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Todd got colors!

And I just noticed. :p

Todd the Jedi likes this.
  14. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I did not imagine that, I imagined a picture of the TCW Bonus Content :( We can still dream :p

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Happy Sunday LACWAC. :)

I was just teasing a friend of mine who is hiking for the first time, on a trail that I've done many times that has a spectacular view at the end. Her first comment was "Nobody told me this **** would be uphill." To which I replied that that was kind of the point. :p We'll see what sort of large objects get projectiled at my head next time I see her; she's an ER nurse so bio hazardous large objects are possible.

She did make it to the summit, and said that the only down side was that she couldn't hang glide from it right away.

Yeah, I need to hike. Like, within the next week.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    After living in NYC, I act that way regarding walking long distances. In the city a several mile walk seems much shorter than it does out in the country. When I was in Barcelona my mom kept complaining about walking everywhere, to which I replied "this is nothing". Even walking short distances in Boston becomes a trek for her, mostly because she's always checking out the windows to every shop we pass. :p

As for actual hiking and mountain climbing, I love that too. Definitely the best mountain I've climbed is Mt. Vesuvius. Except for the torrents of flies, it was a great hike, and offered a great view, both of the distant landscape and surrounding cities and the actual scaldera.

17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I'd rather walk in the woods than the city any time. The woods are my happy place. In the city, if it's more than a mile, I want the bus or a subway. :p

Vesuvius sounds awesome; Italy is a place I'd like to visit anyway and I've got a pretty good bucket list of mountains I want to climb before I die.

18. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Don't get me wrong, I love walking in the woods too. I've grown up surrounded by woods, and this summer I've taken my dogs for plenty of walks in a nearby nature reservation/park.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Tonight I'm discovering how many songs have Minecraft parodies.

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  20. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    A LOT.

21. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    You'd never let me miss out on something like this, huh Tarkas?

I'm a Power Rangers fan. My favorite season is still without a doubt Power Rangers in Space. Adding a splash of Space Cases to the "Wake up, go to school, save the world" trope was just a winner in my book. That particular ranger team grew on me and became my favorite. I liked Ecliptor the villain with a heart then Astronema/ Karone is probably my favorite character in the franchise. And damn if there has ever been a powerful moment in PR it was Zordon's death. I'm not as hard on Operation Overdrive as alot of the fanbase. I agree the way the villains were handled in different groups was pretty interesting. They had some cool interplay between them as well.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I just watched Daredevil and really liked it. There were a lot of cool effects used for a 2003 film, especially in the Daredevil and Bullseye fight scenes. I wanna watch Elektra next, she seemed like a pretty cool character, but didn't really do much in Daredevil.

Now the only Marvel films I haven't seen are Elektra, Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, The Amazing Spider-Man, Hulk, the Blade films and the Punisher films. I'm not interested in the Blade and Punisher films because they look too violent, and I don't like really violent films.

23. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  24. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Captain Sparkles' "Fallen Kingdom" and "Take Back the Night" are actually pretty damn amazing. They're able to effectively tell a short story in two 4-minute music videos. I wish music videos were like that more often. In fact, I could probably write an essay on what makes these two successful.

And yet you watch superhero movies? Films where taking the violence out would leave no movie remaining? :p

25. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Lol no, I mean R18 films like the Blade and Punisher films. All the other superhero films aren't very violent at all.

07jonesj likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.