Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Yeah, I just saw that news about Clancy. Sadly enough, I never could finish any of his books. Too long or something.

In lighter news, @anakinfansince1983 (and any other Minecraft players) you might wanna check out South Park tonight, since they're gonna parody Minecraft. Considering how well they parodied WoW and Guitar Hero, I imagine this will be an episode to remember. Also paging @Seerow, have you been watching the new season? I thought their take on Alec Baldwin last week was great.
  2. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6

This is gonna be good. I love it when South Park takes a shot at this stuff. I saw the new one, good season premiere. I couldn't stop laughing at Butter's praying to Government, folks going to the DMV for confessions, and Alec Baldwin. Much better than the premieres for Bob's Burgers or Family Guy last week. I think FG actually hit a bigger all time row.
    Last edited by Seerow, Oct 2, 2013
  3. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I don't think I've ever seen a full episode of South Park.
  4. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I love South Park's social commentary. It keeps me coming back to it.

^And this commercial has been running around here recently.
    Last edited by Seerow, Oct 2, 2013
  5. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    That looks like something I would do.. [face_laugh]
  6. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Finished a marathon of Trigun, finally saw the whole series. Kinda wish they had a bigger animation budget, but I can't stay mad at Vash and Wolfwood. Badlands Rumble was pretty decent too, even if 90% of the voice cast changed.
  7. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Good morning SWTV.

I'm getting ready to head out of town for a conference for work. This got my day going well. Only down side...no Spin City clips.

Things we love about Michael J. Fox
  8. Jordan1Kenobi Host of EUC Battle of... Games

Game Host
    star 5
    I watched the season finale of Arrow last night, and wow, what a way to end the season! I thought it was the best episode. The fight scene was awesome, and damn, the Dark Archer is so strong. I reckon he'd be on the same level as Batman, or maybe even higher. I can't wait for season two! Apparently the Flash is going to appear, which will be pretty cool.
    Last edited by Jordan1Kenobi, Oct 3, 2013
  9. Circular Logic SWTV Interview Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Well, Halloween is this month, so why not?

10. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    I should watch Arrow. I always loved Green Arrow on Justice League Unlimited (he was also the best part of Miller's TDKR) and Slade/Deathstroke on Teen Titans.
    Mia Mesharad likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Posting to you all from my hotel room.

Random thought: MapQuest needs to spice up its iPhone app. Instead of saying "re routing," it should say, "You were supposed to turn 100 yards ago, you dumb***."

I'm in a city that doesn't particularly like to spend money on street signs. That is all.
    07jonesj likes this.
  12. Todd the Jedi Mod and Sitcom Dad of SWTV

Manager
    star 5
    Which city is that? And BTW, that South Park was hilarious last night. I loved Randy's confused expression when told how to collect wood in Minecraft. [face_laugh]
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Winston-Salem, NC.

Although I will say that Charleston, SC is worse as far as no signage anywhere. Hi @KenobiSkywalker .
  14. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Hah. I've been to Winston-Salem a few times. I tell ya the worse signage winner has to be Columbia, SC. The roads in that town make no damn sense.
    Last edited by Seerow, Oct 3, 2013
  15. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    Oh. Sweet. Jesus.

I forgot about Columbia. My kids learned patience after I tried to find the Riverbanks Zoo with NO. ****ING. SIGNS.
    Seerow likes this.
  16. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    Yeah, never have I hated the vulture flying overhead so much. The only things not stuck in traffic and for all I know they thought I'd die tying to find my way to some Japanese steakhouse there.

They got a good rock station though. =b
    Last edited by Seerow, Oct 3, 2013
  17. Dark Lord Tarkas Force Ghost

star 4
    Actually yeah, I watched it like a week after you mentioned it. I told my friend I wanted to see it and he said it's one of his favorite movies he's seen a million times. I definitely got some laughs from it and I love the camp factor, but martial arts films aren't my thing so I have to say it wasn't quite as epic as promised! The magic was really cool though. Have you ever seen any of the Deathstalker films? It's basically the sword-and-sorcery version of the same idea, maximum camp.
  18. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    BTW, happy FMA day everybody! [IMG]
  19. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    We moved to Charleston from Augusta, GA, which had street signs that stood out more than a well placed billboard. We couldn't even find our own damn house the first week we were here. [face_blush]

We do have street signs, you just have to run down an overgrown bush or two to see them.

Short of the Interstates, I still can't navigate Columbia without a GPS.. And my job takes me through Columbia once a week..
  20. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6

In other words you need a pickup with a lift kit to see your road signs in Charleston?

And btw @Todd the Jedi, I just saw the new episode of South Park. I didn't think it was as funny as last weeks. Or episodes like the WOW one or the Guitar Hero one. But it was still funny and yeah Randy's reaction to how to get wood was priceless.
  21. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    @Seerow Pretty much, that's probably why everyone around here has a pickup with a lift kit.
  22. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6
    I saw that episode of Bizarre Foods. =b
  23. KenobiSkywalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I haven't, apparently. :p Is it on Netflix or Hulu?
  24. Seerow SWTV★Mod

Manager
    star 6

Nope, but Travel Channel reruns those all the flippin' time.
  25. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4