main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Speaking of interviews, we're always looking for new volunteers for the LACWAC/SWTV/whatevericantkeeptrack interviews. Anyone who's interested need only post an interview request either here, in the interview thread, or in PM with either me or AkashKedavra_93.

In the meantime, you can not only check out Jack's interview in Lit, but the current interview of the long-lost K'Kruhk right here in SWTV as well!

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    No Saul Berenson on this week's Homeland? For shame. Decent episode, still.

JackG likes this.
  4. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    Is anyone on here playing Pokemon X/Y? What are your thoughts? I've honestly been blown away by how incredible the games look and play. It's amazing how far we've come since RBY.

5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, I was turned off by Gens 3 and 4, so I haven't gone near Gens 5 or 6. Plus, the mons are looking more and more ridiculous. Especially the legendaries. I mean, once you introduce a Pokemon that basically created the universe, you've reached your peak. And those mega-evolutions? Color me unimpressed.

6. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    So how is Homeland?

I've heard good things about it, and that it turns more 24-ish after Season 1. Is it still going strong in it's third season?

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I am ambivalent about its third season, thus far. Season 2 was brilliant, in my opinion; better than the premiere season. That first episode of season two was outstanding, and worth it all.
    Also, I think Carrie might be one of my favourite female protagonists on television, ever. Having someone who struggles with mental illness was a brave, and well executed idea.
    The thing about season three is that there's much less focus on Washington political circles thus far, and that's where the show is at its best. If that returns, and some of the unbelievable foreign plotlines end (they struggle with establishing authentic non-American settings, imo), I'll be very pleased.

8. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011

It's really good, although the third season has been trying to find its footing and is successful, for the most part. There are a couple 24-ish things that happen, but overall the show is a lot smarter.

9. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I think it was you who love Revolution. I'm watching season 2 and Wow it's even better than season 1, lots of changes. Tomorrow episode 4 of season 2 will be aired.

Anyone playing The Simpsons Tapped out ?

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  10. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeap, that was me :) I've still got to watch the second half of season one. That's great that season two is even better, I thought it'd be pretty hard to top season one.

Ani501st likes this.
  11. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The JC is deader than Maul in TPM today. We need Revival.

Homeland has come highly recommended to me but I haven't watched it yet.

I'm off work; the kiddo is still too sick to go to school. He's playing some airport building game on the iPad and I'm playing Yoda Chronicles. General Grievous looks like a dork in Legos.

12. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Good morning LACWAC,

Here, have some of this:

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  13. AkashKedavra_93

Jan 8, 2011
  14. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I wish I watched Homeland just so I could make Princess Bride jokes intelligently, since that will always be what Mandy Patinkin is known for.

15. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Belated Happy Birthdays KenobiSkywalker and Force Smuggler

Well, haven't seen any cool movies lately which should hardly surprise you guys. But I did finish Guilty Crown which I have to say was the most fun I've had with an anime in a while so I thought it worth mentioning. Yeah, its full of all the most hated anime tropes and feels a bit campy but those are things I like aside from the fan service, gratuitous shower scenes, and rushed feel. Much like Casshern Sins (which is the anime that had the misfortune of getting compared to "A Sunny Day in the Void" by me) its more about philosophy, meaning, and interpretation.

The protagonist was also really neat in that he was completely unlikable, almost like a completely selfish little **** male version of Sailor Moon yet I still wanted to root for him. His super powers basically require him to use friends and people around him as tools which is pretty dark, add to that a dash of child soldier and a character arc like Jake's in Animorphs (Starts out a nice kid, falls under the pressure, and starts making ruthless morally bankrupt decisions) its no wonder I liked him. The plot turned out more solid than I expected and the holes are fun to fanon. It just takes a alot of suspension of reality since the Guilty Crown version of the world assumes humanity came from Adam and Eve so the in universe sci-fi science is built as if someone read a bible while on meth.

This is one I'd watched to the 12th episodes and then dropped a while back because the 2nd season got so many unfavorable reviews. Its a perfect example of why it doesn't always pay to listen to critics and word of mouth just like it wasn't until after season 3 I gave TCW a change. Gorgeous animation and an awesome OST. Its better than I've heard in alot of movies I've seen recently.

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  17. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm a pretty big fan of SHM, I wish they were still together.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Katy Perry's new album comes out next week. And you're going to hear me roar.

Good afternoon Star Wars TV. Posting from my iPad that I just updated to iOS7. This is...weird. Kind of cool looking but it's going to take some getting used to. I don't know how soon I'll update my phone.

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Funny story. I sold a guitar to Travis which he said was a gift for Katy. I wonder if she uses it to, um, write her songs? Or maybe she set it alight after the breakup?

Okay, so it's not funny. I was just looking for something to say.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    It just leaked and is nowhere as good as her past efforts. Maybe it'll grow on me.

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Eh, I'm not a fan of Katy Perry's music at all really. The only good thing to have come from her music is this glorious Ukrainian cover of Hot 'n' Cold.

Seriously, there's some quality Ukrainian music out there, like that of the band Gogol Bordello.

22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I love Teenage Dream (the song and the album) and I like One of the Boys only slightly less. I haven't heard everything off Prism yet (has anyone?) but Roar is decent, and I think I like Unconditionally almost as much as Not Like the Movies.

Paparazzo likes this.
  23. Paparazzo

Paparazzo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 31, 2011
    I have heard all of Prism. :p

My main critique is that it has absolutely no cohesive sounds. It goes straight from a quiet ballad to an upbeat trap song and is just uncomfortable.

It's not the 'collection of singles' that Teenage Dream, but isn't an 'album' as much as One of the Boys was. It feels like a compilation album.

A compilation album by Ke$ha

24. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    One interesting thing she said in the Sirius XM interview that I listened to yesterday was that she considers herself a singer/songwriter who makes a living as a pop star, and that she can't dance and she knows it. I laughed out loud, only because I watched a Fourth of July show that she did in 2012, in which she wore an American flag dress, sang "Firework" and did a choreographed dance routine...and she was visibly counting the steps. I thought the routine was decent but I could commiserate with that part, I can't dance either. :p

But, her music videos are amazing and apparently she comes up with a lot of the ideas.

She sang "Hot and Cold" acoustically in the interview. Pretty awesome.

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Watching The Pacific, since I'm a big fan of Band of Brothers.

...This might have been a bad idea. Nothing like seeing Timmy from Jurassic Park go through a mental breakdown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.