main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Fisto's Disco: The LACWAC Social Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by G-FETT, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    So... I just dipped my computer headphones into my cup of tea. Whoops!

Well, now only the right one works, so I'm going to have have to buy some new ones. Idiocy 1 - Me 0

2. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Alright, but how did they taste?

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    07jonesj : That sucks. I'm surprised I haven't had more accidents involving an accidental mix of coffee and electronics.

4. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    CT-867-5309

I don't think the tea bag was left in long enough, and there was far too little copper.

5. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    Seerow, Wolfs Rain and and Gargoyles look interesting. I have seen the first 7-10 episodes of Soul Eater, there hasn't been much focus on any villains yet, but I do like how the heroes lose a lot, that is not something that I have seen much on TV shows.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Paparazzo : I pre-ordered Prism today and iTunes gave me three of the songs right away, one of them being Roar. I had not heard the other two: "Walking on Air" is just awesome, "Dark Horse"...it's going to have to grow on me.

Paparazzo likes this.
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011

Cool, Darcia is a cool villain. And for Gargoyles, City of Stone, that is all. When Soul Eater switches to the 2nd intro there is a bit more focus on the villains.

Ya know if you like watching protagonists get beat down and lose a bit you might like my avatar sake Full Metal Alchemist (Check out Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood while its back up on Netflix). The Elric brothers win some and lose alot. Its got a few different factions of villains although they aren't anything to deep. The most prominent faction has a familiar Imperial feel to it. Guilty Crown which I just finished also does a good job of beating down its protagonists and has some decent focus on the villains. I might even suggest Casshern Sins. Casshern rarely loses his fights but damn, the guy killed the world, doesn't even remember doing it, and he has to deal with that fact everyone hates him or wants to eat him. Dio and Leda who are the villains get good focus. Trouble with that one is you gotta make it through the first 11 episodes which are very episodic and kinda repetitive. Trinity Blood has some neat characters. And then there is always Cowboy Bebop, can't lose with that and at this point since Adult Swim has rerun the dub endlessly for its entire existence there is no excuse for not seeing it.

I am like totally obsessed with this OST.

8. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    JackG : those Australian wildfires weren't anywhere near you, were they? [face_worried]

9. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    anakinfansince1983 the only songs from Prism that I like are "Legendary Lovers" and "Birthday". They're written with the same classic Katy Perry style that tickles me so.

I think there are two or three from Prism that I haven't heard yet, but I find the majority uninspiring.

10. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I had not heard either of those; just pulled them up on YouTube and I like them a lot. I'm going to have to add Birthday to the "songs that make you drive fast" thread. :p

Initially she said she was going "darker" with this album and then it didn't get as dark as she expected I guess; Circle the Drain still seems to be her darkest song.

11. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, I haven't been into "dark" songs since I was a teenager, I'm perfectly happy singing along to cheerful songs like a smiling jackass.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I do that in the car and get stared at by people passing by.

And I don't care.

13. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Yeah, every now and then I'll be singing along while sitting at a red light, then look over and realize people are watching.

I usually burst out laughing, it's pretty funny in an embarrassing way.

It's either that or get mad.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  14. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    WTF? That video is blocked on my iPad.

Dammit, Apple, I've been loyal to you.

ETA: And it is Apple's fault, I'm on Chrome on my desktop now.

And that is ****ing awesome. [face_rofl] Makes me want a convertible just so I can do that.

16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Terry Crews can't not be ****ing awesome. Just look at his Old Spice ads.

17. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    So, this is my 1000th post. I've been thinking about what to make this post about, since not only is this my transition to a 4-digit number of posts, but also my ascension to the rank of Force Ghost. [face_skull]

I decided I'd talk about my two favorite sci-fi franchises, Star Wars and Mass Effect, and better yet, a crossover between the two!

Check out these images I found here:

[​IMG]
    An N7 stormtrooper

[​IMG]
    A salarian Jedi (also, my new avatar to commemorate this occasion of 1000 posts!)

[​IMG]
    A Darth Talon-ized asari Sith.

18. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    A man after my own heart.

That stormtrooper looks badass. In terms of your new avatar, I've always thought the Salarians were the race that would fit into SW easiest. Subverting the fact that they are a very quick-lived species, often only living until 40, that specific Salarian looks like a master of the Force, wizened by the things he's experienced.

The last picture... well, it's... um... a very good piece of art! ;)

Circular Logic likes this.
  19. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    After bringing up Terry Crews earlier, I'm tempted to change my avatar to him in that scene. Or is Danny Tanner too iconic? (no pun intended)
    [​IMG]

Occasionally decked out as necessary with winning sports teams, like the Sox.

20. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Not too iconic at all. Love it.

21. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
  22. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Thanks. :)

And Todd, you did it. Nice. :D

23. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I think I'll give Crews a trial run for a day or two.

Also, not 1000, but when added together my post count and like count equal almost exactly 10,000.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  24. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    That was the best part of Click. Drive by Terry Crews singing Loverboy.
    *Everybody's workin' for the weekend!"

25. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    So I finished watching The Pacific. Well that was harrowing. I've said that I think Band of Brothers is one of HBO's fines shows, but there are points where The Pacific gives it a run for it's money. Neither show is perfect, and they both have some glaring flaws (especially with regards to pacing and context), but both are really well done. And when everything comes together, it's some of the most compelling TV I've ever watched.

One thing that The Pacific does very well over BOB is the more limited character focus. While on repeat views, I could tell you a lot more about the Band of Brothers cast, on first viewing, it's hard to keep track of over 100 characters, especially when they start spotlighting guys and their immediate friends. With The Pacific, you have three major POV characters, with Basilone, Sledge and Leckie. You really get to know these characters and come to understand just what they had to deal with.

Which brings me to the violence. Band of Brothers was not shy of showing the ugly face of war, but The Pacific takes this to a new level. I would never say that the combat in this show is exciting, because that would imply that I took some joy out of the viewing experience. The violence in TP is absolutely crushing and unrelenting, and I dare anyone to watch a single episode without feeling uncomfortable. (Episode 9 is the stuff of nightmares, only Okinawa actually happened).

If you have the stomach for it, watch this series. If anything, it has some of the best acting I've seen in a long time.

JackG likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.